The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#200351 - 03/02/10 04:02 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Dotsie]
Mountain Ash Offline

When I think how wonderful our bodies are..and how during ill health we long for wellbeing..its then I applaud good food choices..foods can heal if allowed to.

#200355 - 03/02/10 06:12 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I do the same, MA. Only I fault myself for thinking this ALL the time. Which I don't. Illness sometimes can be a gentle reminder to get back in the game. If only I paid attention! Most of the time I do, but...

#200398 - 03/03/10 04:31 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
This is interesting reading in a way..habits of people for breakfast.

#200437 - 03/04/10 12:34 AM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I never use to eat breakfast say maybe 15 years aqo, and I mean never. I was up, dressed and out the door. Now for the past several years I wake up, shower etc., and am starving for breakfast, actual hunger pangs and all. I don't even remember when things changed either, very strange!

Later today I am making my famous, and it is too, Ham Salad. I made it a coupole of times and my ex when we were married, took it to work and gave bites to people asking. It was so popular they began giving him orders for the stuff. I was making ham salad every week and selling it plus my son always has to have a large container too.

Many people relocating from the Midweswt, and New York said it's impossible to get good ham salad here like back home, and they are correct. I make it the old fashioned way and it is to die for. My son asked me to make some when he was here yesterday but I didn't have any ham. It's normally what I am asked to bring for parties, that or giant stuffred mushrooms.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200463 - 03/04/10 08:58 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
ooooooo Chatty...is your Ham Salad a secret recipe or can you share it?

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200476 - 03/05/10 01:29 AM HAM SALAD [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Blondie, none of my recipes are a secret, well almost none. I am happy to see them copied, used and know that my friends, and their familys enjoyed them...

I always make a lot because it keeps in the frig for a long time to make sandwiches or adorn a salad.

HAM SALAD

Ingredients

Food PROCESSOR
1 (10) pound ham, already cooked.
1 large green pepper, cleaned and chopped into small pieces
1 large onion, chopped into small pieces
1 cup mustard
1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip
pepper to taste

Directions:

In a Food Processor put half your ham cut into bite size pieces. Grind ham until all pieces are ground well.

Add half the onions, half the green peppers, half the mustard and half the Miracle Whip, and pepper. Then grind again until all mixed well together into a paste like mixture...
Scrap the ham salad out of grinder into a large bowl.

Begin again with the other half of ham pieces, onion, green pepper, and black pepper. When the second part of all are completely ground add all together into the bowl.
Taste it!
If you think you need more Miracle Whip add to your taste.

Place in frig for an hour or so, it is much tastier cold the next day. This is a joy to eat in a sandwich on any bread or toss some into a salad like you would tuna.

#200483 - 03/05/10 05:14 AM Re: HAM SALAD [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Thanks for sharing this recipe with us Chatty!

2 questions...

1. do you prefer a specific brand of ham or doesn't that matter?
2. what kind of mustard ?

I think my husband is going to go crazy for this! He loves, Chicken salad, egg salad , shrimp salad...but I have never made Ham salad...Thanks so much.

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200498 - 03/05/10 03:44 PM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Dotsie]
Anne-MarieH Offline

Loc: Canada
I eat breakfast every morning. One of my favoutites is a bowl of instant oatmeal topped with a banana and walnuts. I put a little vanilla soy milk in it too.

On the weekend, I sometimes make french toast. I add cinnamon and vanilla to the egg-milk mixure. On my plate, I pour a little maple syrup on my french toast which makes it really scrumptious. Fresh strawberries or a banana goes well with this too.

I've been known to eat left over pizza or lasagna for breakfast. There's delicious any time of the day!

#200534 - 03/06/10 01:27 AM Re:HAM SALAD [Re: Anne-MarieH]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Blondie,
No special brand of ham but the butt portion is usually the leanest part and don't forgret that ham bone will make fabulous Pea Soup if you freeze it for another time!!!

I use just regular yellow mustard, thats fine. Go easy on the mustard as you can always add more but it isn't the taste you'll be looking for all by itself. It is a nice addition to the taste when all mixed together..

Anne-Marie, me too with the cold next day pizza for breakfast. I prefer it cold anyway. When I use to make cabbage and noodles for dinner with pork chops my sons always asked me to make extra cabbage and noodles, so they could have them the next day for breakfast. Good way to start any day! I love that as well.

#200536 - 03/06/10 04:30 AM Re: Breakfast foods? [Re: Dotsie]
Baby Boomer Girl Offline

Loc: Wellington, New Zealand
I have a very 'moving' breakfast (when I have it ... more about that later). When I do, it's AllBran and LSA with soy milk. I know everyone insists that we MUST eat breakfast, but my body doesn't like the idea much at all. I don't get hungry until about 11.00am. So I usually have a couple of big cups of tea for breakfast - as the protein in the soymilk is enough to keep me going until lunch - and this keeps my weight down too. My partner simply has to eat breakfast. So I'm beginning to wonder if there are at least two types of metabolisms - one that suits breakfast, fasting and 'going without' and one that doesn't. The problem is that any responsible nutritionist or medical authority could not be seen to advocate skipping breakfast, fasting, etc, since this can be detrimental to health if it doesn't suit your body type. But I eat very consciously, very healthily and take responsibility for my own body. So I give myself permission to eat when I'm grnuinely hungry - certainly it doesn't hurt for me to consume less in a world where most of the global population doesn't have enough to eat! I'm going to cover this topic in part 2 of my funny article "Have a Body Like an Avatar Alien". You might enjoy part 1 - I just posted it online recently. I wold LOVE your comments! http://babyboomergirl.wordpress.com Cheers - and have a great breakfast - or not! smile
Facebook.com/babyboomergirl (Profile: Radha Sahar)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved