The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#199234 - 02/06/10 11:51 PM Latest winter storm
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Here's hoping all you sister boomers on the East Coast are okay. Just read the news of snow and power outages all over the place. Stay warm!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#199235 - 02/07/10 12:45 AM Re: Latest winter storm [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks yonuh. It began yesterday and ended late this afternoon. We got over two feet, possibly our biggest storm ever. Our power went out last night around 10:00 and was out until mid afternoon. We were shocked when it came back on because we didn't think there was any way BG&E could be out working in the storm. What a pleasant surprise, and boy are we grateful for our warm home and electricity now!

Shoveled out two cars and most of our driveway, but have a long way to go. Church has been cancelled for the morning so I know what we'll be doing; more shoveling.

At 4:00 this morning I began thinking about my office which is glassed in. I realized I had no heat out there so Ross had to come down, unhook my PC and bring the tower up to the warmest room in the house, our bedroom. Crazy. We just got it hooked back up, but this office is still cold so I'm only posting this update.

Hope everyone else is well. Will cehck back tomorrow. HAve a good night.

#199238 - 02/07/10 03:09 AM Re: Latest winter storm [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Right now, its 7:10 p.m. Pacific time and it is thundering like crazy and real windy. Been rqining several dqaysw now aqnd it is pouring now. I have a veal roast in the oven, warm and toasty in here and I am thanking Almighty God for my home and the comforts given to me, but especially for those less fortunate... This has been the worst winter I can remember since living here in Nevada...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199256 - 02/07/10 10:44 PM Re: Latest winter storm [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I, too, hope everyone is okay...gosh, so much snow and such cold...please, everyone be careful out there.

#199265 - 02/08/10 12:29 AM Re: Latest winter storm [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, you've been getting rain and we've been getting snow. Wild, huh?

I totally relate to you appreciating your home. Our electircity went out Friday evening around 10:00 and was out until mid-afternoon yesterday. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this warm, lit home! Honestly, the things we take for granted.

It was gorgeous here today. The sun was brilliant. The temps were in the 20s, but the shoveling kept us warm. Our daughter and Ross and I shoveled, then walked in town for lunch at one of the only places open. Snow brings out the best in everyone. All the people we walked past talked and commented. That never happens otherwise.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved