It's funny. I pride myself on being very independent. Raised three kids on my own for the past 14 years and refuse to admit that I am lonely. Like it's a curse or something. Weird, don't know where that comes from.

When I was growing up it appeared (and I don't know if that was it for sure) that my Mom was a snob. All the ladies in the neighborhood would have coffee at each others homes. Most in those days did not work. My Mom did not have coffee with anyone. She always judged these women and talked about them, gossiped mainly, like she was better than them. She said she had no time for such chatter and was always cleaning. I always found that confusing as a child. I liked these women. They would share stories of their youth. My Mom pretended she had nothing in common with them and never told me anything other than she was an angel (not her words) but she never did anything and didn't even go to a show until she was 18 and that was with her father. My uncle tells a different story, maybe why my Mom kept us from him and does not talk to him at all. Now sure why I got on this topic but maybe this is why I feel I have to be independent. Confusing.

Could I be on to something? I hope I am not a snob, I don't think I am. I enjoy meeting all kinds of people. I'm a mix of my Dad and Mom, sociable when I need to be but sometimes shy and reserved.

Anyway, I did join a group in town. There are over 500 members. They meet up for dinner, walks, hikes, and in May the group (not all) is going camping, families invited. It's a social group but many of these people work from home. So I may be able to start a group from this group for work at home people.

I can't believe I joined this group. I am actually going to meet with 27 people that I don't know next weekend for brunch.

This is so out of my comfort zone but I have to do it. I have to push myself out the door. And I'm in sales, can you believe this?
Kate