The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#194069 - 11/17/09 03:45 AM Are we the right group?
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Yes, there are the marketers that aim directly at the boomers with the perception that our age group have sizable disposable incomes..to spend?

I actually think the trend is slowly reversing itself..income-wise. There's enough of us here trying to save money and live within our means.

We'll be lucky enough to have the senior discounts when some of us reach retirement age and beyond.

#194072 - 11/17/09 08:54 AM Re: Are we the right group? [Re: orchid]
Mountain Ash Offline

Some of the magazines here concentrate so much on bath aids..mobility and meals delivered for the freezer using smaller portions that it is evident that they are aimed at Boomers and beyond..yet the glossy magazines full of celebrities unknown to me all looking similar dont attract me either.I am ceasing my subscription to one (Good Housekeeping) I have had for a long time due to how it feels I have de ja vue due to its style...
I have always enjoyed magazines and must seek some new titles..

#194193 - 11/19/09 02:51 AM Re: Are we the right group? [Re: Mountain Ash]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I think overall alot of magazines, regardless of their target age market, must have some upbeat stories and images/photos of people in the target age group. To motivate people to continue reading, buying the magazine.

What the mass media/magazines must now realize is that aging beyond 60-65, isn't just being interested in health care aids. What would be much more dynamic, would be continuous dialogue across current issues across all age groups in respectful, more intellectual forum/arena.

#194195 - 11/19/09 09:06 AM Re: Are we the right group? [Re: orchid]
Mountain Ash Offline

I was shown during study how the advertisers were fully aware about we Boomers...how gyms..exersize clothing retirement downsizing homes then Grandchildren interest were targeted.
I have gone the way of buying a small Scottish magazine which writes historical and factual geographical articles with book reviews and always a lovely poem worthy of saving..its less annoying than soap opera news or the sameness from my present subscription.i do choose documentaries and one favourite "Coast" where the shore is explored by interesting methods and I learn new facts about UK and Europe.
Wont let myself be anoyed by observing magazine bias...so still looking for a new publisher.
Maybe a niche market for those of us who feel the same..

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved