The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 37 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 36 37 >
Topic Options
#192482 - 10/25/09 12:53 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
THE EMOTION CODE
by
Dr. Bradley E. Nelson

This book has been named the book to read when suffering from any type of deep depression/stress. This book explains the very strong mind/body connection. It is fascinating and a real help in healing ones own self. I highly recommend it.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#192493 - 10/25/09 02:31 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dianne50]
lindasusan Offline

Loc: NJ
I am currently reading a book I have read before. I find while reading it, everything makes sense. The book is "Your Word is Your Wand", by Florence Scovel Schinn and is just one of a few wonderful reads written by her.

#192547 - 10/25/09 09:27 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: lindasusan]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Finished HOT HOUSE ORCHID by Stuart Woods in 1 day. I read all his books, know the characters, locations, and fall right into each novel.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#192548 - 10/25/09 09:29 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Saundra]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Chatty, The Emotion Code sounds like something I need to read, not that I'm stressed out or anything...

Thanks.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#192549 - 10/25/09 09:31 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: lindasusan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read a great book that I'm not so sure I've mentioned here.

My FIL has Alzheimer's so I've read several non-fiction books about the subject. I jsut read an incredibly great book that's a novel about a woman who is diagnosed at age 51, early onset. It's written from her perspective and it gives you an incredible look at what it's like to be the patient. I read it in 24 hours and I'm a pretty busy gal. I stayed up late on a Friday and woke up early on a Saturday and got it done.

I highly recommend it to anyone who is caring for a family, friend, or patient who is suffering from Alzheimer's. You will so relate to the poor woman who is a professor, wife, mother of three 20-somethings, friend, etc.

Still Alice, a novel, by Lisa Genova.

#192573 - 10/26/09 12:16 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I have The Wednesday Letters half finished, but it's a slow (borderline boring) read. It was sent to me by someone who loved reading it, so I'll continue out of respect and an act of appreciation for her thinking of me. In the meantime, I'm reading Teaching Outside the Box (constantly looking for things that might help my ADHD grandson) and Bouquets of Bitterroots (another referral).
I need something lifting... I've experienced depression for the past two days -- haven't had an episode for over four months, then all of a sudden, BANG! Not a bad episode, but it still feels bad.

#192603 - 10/26/09 12:19 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gims, how about The Wishing Year. I found it very uplifting.

ADHD, hmmm, I've read so much about it years back. There's one good book that was very encouraging. Learning Outside the Lines, by Jonathan Mooney. Google him. I think you'll like what you find. I actually saw him do a presentation at my daughter's school, fell in love with his style, bought his book, and totally enjoyed it. My daughter went to a school for kids with LDs. She had no more than seven kids in each class. It was precisely what she needed. She went there 6th thru 12th grade, and by the grace of God, it is literally two houses and one building away from our home. Students came from a bit over an hour away to attend the school. And now, the school has grown and is no longer at this location. What a blessing that was. She walked and all the kids were in and out of our home through the years. What fun.

Let me know if I can be of any help to your grandson. Many children with LDs and attention issues have pockets of brilliance. Find his and nurture them.

Edited by Dotsie (10/26/09 12:21 PM)

#192614 - 10/26/09 01:46 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I too just finished The Wishing Year and found it to be uplifting as well. I really did enjoy it.

It's deep in places, or at least I thought so. But I like that in a non-fiction. Make me think...I dare ya. You know?

I have already recommended it to two other women as I felt that it would or could be a possible catalyst out of their depression. It's just one tool towards the process though, so don't take my recommendation as a "fix." I don't want to "oversell" it.

#192616 - 10/26/09 02:16 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jawjaw]
Happy Birthday Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I'm reading another ..."should I leave him or stay" book...sigh.

#192618 - 10/26/09 02:19 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Edelweiss3]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Would it help if you read a "things I like about him" book? Not being sarcastic...just caring, my dear friend!

Page 10 of 37 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 36 37 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved