The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#191091 - 10/05/09 07:23 PM Would you remarry?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies,
As a divorcee of 17+ years, I can honestly say that I don't believe I would ever re-marry. I have my reasons, and they are simple ones.

1. I don't feel the need
2. I don't want to give up my freedom to do as I please without someone else's input and possible disagreement
3. I'm not inclined to give that part of myself again

Now I'm not saying this couldn't all change in the blink of an eye. I'm not that naive. But I am saying as of today, at this moment in time, the answer is no.

I'm asking married and single alike...would you?

You don't have to be unhappily married to answer this. I think it is a choice that more and more women are making based on simple things and has nothing to do with whether or not they love their current hubby or S.O.

What do you think?

#191099 - 10/05/09 07:55 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I say no, for the same reasons you listed, JJ. BUT, if I should fall head over heals in love,...then yes, I would marry again.

#191102 - 10/05/09 07:58 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is tough. I doubt it becasue I don't think I'd ever be as happy as I am while married to Ross. Anything else would be a let-down.

#191107 - 10/05/09 08:05 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I think you should clone Ross.

#191129 - 10/05/09 08:26 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Nope. I don't think I'd ever marry again. I don't even date. The chap I was married to was a very, veeeeeery good man. My one-in-a-million chance at a good marriage...which it was. Up until now I try to find a fault and cannot find any. Except for the fact that we divorced, of course. But, even then, I could not find fault in that. I am not where I intended to be but, I am where I need to be. I still wear my wedding ring. smile

#191137 - 10/05/09 08:55 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: Lola]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Well, let me throw in a slightly different version...since I'm not married but I've been with the same guy for past 17 yrs.:

No, I doubt I would find another guy that would be like him. Gets more difficult as guys and gals age over time.

#191140 - 10/05/09 09:59 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: orchid]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I was single and rarely even dated (had one foot in the convent) until I was 36. Now I've been with my hubby for 18...I love him, I love the companionship, I love the life we've built for/with each other and I have a life I couldn't even have imagined living back in those lonely, very poor (and hungry) solitary years. And yet, if I had the chance to do it all over again, I honestly don't know if I would. There's something deep inside of me that still feels drawn to monastic life. I think that if I ever became single again, I'd probably look into joining a hermitage (not a convent).

But every single day, I'm grateful for this life and this man and am absolutely certain that he is/was a gift from God Himself, probably to keep me OUT of the convent, LOL. I once sent a letter to God in which I had written out a list of everything I wanted in a life partner. Not long after sending that letter off my balcony, hubby showed up in my life - and was everything on the list.

Edited by Eagle Heart (10/05/09 10:00 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#191160 - 10/06/09 12:54 AM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wherever you are, whatever you do or whoever you're with Eagle Heart, you are a blessing from God to all whose path you cross.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#191164 - 10/06/09 01:06 AM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I was married twice (to the same guy - long story!!) for a total of about 25 years. I've been divorced now for 16 years and with my partner for 14. I wouldn't say I would never get married again, but for now, we are content and happy in our relationship and have no plans to marry. Of course, everything we plan can change in a heartbeat. smile
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#191181 - 10/06/09 04:58 AM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: yonuh]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
What a question that is so hard to answer. I was head-over-heels in love with my husband when I met him in 1984. I made a list of 21 characteristics of what I wanted a man to bring to a relationship, and 21 characteristics of what I would bring to a relationship. These were not short words, but long thought out sentences. Yet I think I have changed, or grew, or stretched, or something. I'm pretty sure I've been in a marriage of convenience for quite some time. I've tried the grateful What a sentence... I have to TRY. This is the very topic I was going to bring up with my therapist tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that I would feel like JJ if I had money. I'm pretty sure I would not be on e-harmony! But I would not be isolated either. I would like some social activities, such as in a neighborhood where Chatty lives.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved