The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#193676 - 11/10/09 10:16 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: Josie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You ladies want to have a real laugh? It is a miserable thing but I have learned to laugh between my tears...LOL!

I was dating a millionaire Architect who had his business and lovely home in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I went there every other weekend and he came here every other weekend. Things were getting serious. During that time I had begun talking to my ex alot, he would call me all hours and we talked for hours. I thought him to be a kind, gentle, trustworthy man.BIG MISTAKE!!!
Anyway the Architect struck me as being an emotional cripple, always boo hooing about who did things to him. He would bring me down, so I dumped him for my ex.

Money does not make the man, it may make him more appealing however. So anyway, I thought I did the right thing for me and am still suffering from it. I made a BIG mistake, married the liar and cheat, and besides that he was broke.

I believe an emotional cripple who doesn't act like he isn't one or lie about who he is would have been better expecially because I could have been living in an ultra modern log home high in the mountains and traveling the world with a handsome man by my side...

I am thinking of writing a book about all my mistakes and the consequences. I have definitely learned all the things I know about life by trial and error, mostly error!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#193728 - 11/11/09 05:30 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: chatty lady]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Hey, at least you went with your heart, Chatty. And it turned out to be a real learning experience. lol

Of course, if you had married "Mr Jackson Hole the Whiner," you would have walked away with enough moolah to be able to afford the high-class shrink you may have needed to get through the divorce, write the book, and maybe even land your own reality show entitled: "Cougar Chatty Does It Again!"

#193746 - 11/11/09 08:51 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: Josie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
I learn everything the hard way, too. It's difficult to see the
real man, while you're dating him. It's only after the "I do"
exchange, the real man steps forward. Too late, then.

#194038 - 11/16/09 08:30 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: jabber]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I remember telling you fellow posters that while I was dating in the mid-nineties after my first marriage exploded.....

One smooth-talking prospect met me in a public restaurant and had the nerve to comment that my ordering a junior ($10) steak from the menu made him realize why I was not skinny, and why I should be eating two prunes a day to get "regular." When I demanded he take me home, he groped me in my driveway and said sex would cure me. (I was about age 45 and he had said online he was a very young 65. Turns out he arrived in person looking like Mister Cartilage!)

Nowadays I can laugh about it, but at the time I wondered what kind of man could hide his true personality online over time and then turn into a lecher in person! Apparently lots! Thank goodness I didn't let a lemon deter me from finding one good man!

#214417 - 08/22/11 02:57 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: jawjaw]
RedHendoo Offline

My first husband died of a brain tumor and he was so great and after being single for so long with two little boys I started dating and what I found shocked me. It didn't take long to decide I'd go it alone but then God sent the man who he had prepared for me and my two boys. He loved me for who I am and he loves my boys just as if they were his own and I thank God everyday for him. We've been married 22 yrs now.

#214421 - 08/22/11 06:53 PM Re: Would you remarry? [Re: RedHendoo]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
That's a heart-warming story, RedHendoo!

Thanks for sharing it. And welcome to the forum! We hope to hear from you again.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved