The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#190604 - 09/26/09 02:56 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Filing this under YUMMY FOR THE TUMMY. I never thought of putting spinach on top of the baked mushrooms...hm...I like that. I'm addicted to Feta cheese and it is so expensive here. So I try to curb my desire for it when I waltz by in the grocery store. I have to give myself one of those "YOU DON'T NEED IT, STEP AWAYYYYY FROM THE FETA, KIDDO...YOU CAN DO IT...COME ON...ONE STEP AT A TIME."

Yes, I'm that addicted. Actually, it's to ANY cheese. I just found out this week that there is a factory right here in my little old town that does goat cheese. How bout that? They invited me to visit them. I said, "Say no more, I'm on my way!" So that's on the agenda for me.

Thanks for the recipe!

Oh and by the way, anyone wishing to comment on the blog can do so anon...you do NOT have to register.

#190624 - 09/27/09 01:27 AM Re: Chew on this! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What did you think of the omelet recipe I posted on your blog to help get more veggies, even for breakfast?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190629 - 09/27/09 04:51 AM Re: Chew on this! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

It was so cool. I've already adopted it except for the carrots. I'm carroted out...I'm so tired of them. But everything else was a go. I am watching portion size, so what I did with your suggestion was used small amounts of all of it and everything was rolled up in a tortilla wrap...a low-carb/calorie one, of course!

Thank you Chatty...I so appreciate the support!

#190641 - 09/27/09 02:24 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Also Chats, you may want to read today's post, in particular, because I used your recipe, and then spread this yummy stuff all over it. Would you believe 15 calories, 0 fat, and only 4 carbs in 2 tablespoons! If it's eatable, I put this stuff on it. Just found out they have a Yellow Peach one too. OH MY LORD...I'm in heaven!

http://www.culinate.com/user/Trixie/blog/chew_on_this7

#190645 - 09/27/09 04:57 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
JJ, I just left a comment about your Red Peach Salsa...it sounds so scrumptious...I love anything with peaches in it.

Chatty, we do the same thing with our eggs. I have an egg every morning (long story why) and always throw in "leftover" pieces of veggies in...red onions, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, and celery flowers are my favourites, with cheese melted on top (for the calcium). Yummmy. It IS like having a salad for breakfast.

(Maya Angelou)

#190662 - 09/28/09 01:23 AM Re: Chew on this! [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats great Sharon!

I bought a bag of broccoli, red cabbage and carrots already mixed and shredded. Now if you want to add anything you can. This is so good as a salad alone or on top of plain or shredded lettuce. I add radishes and celery for a real crunchy treat, oh and black olives, can't be without my black olives. This is something that you can put in a big bowl without salad dressing and nibble on at leisure at night while watching TV or reading, etc.

What a delightful, easy way to incorporate veggies with NO calories into your diet and it keeps you satisfied. I have lost nearly 14 pounds eating this, instead of something fattening.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190670 - 09/28/09 03:41 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Today is Snappy Cheese Soup for you people experiencing a cold snap...or a cold...or just needing a cheese fix.

That would be ME! I believe if you cut me I would bleed cheese.

#190684 - 09/28/09 06:36 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
JJ, I found Rotel in the UK!

http://www.skyco.uk.com/products.asp?cat=7

Ordered a few and I am one happy bunny.

#190685 - 09/28/09 06:48 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Wuhoooo! Now if we can just get Dotsie some of the stuff we'll all be happy. I can't believe they don't have it in her grocery store. I thought it was a staple in everyone's home. bawwwwhahaha..ahem.

#190687 - 09/28/09 07:59 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Okaaaaaaaaay...I'm across the pond and there's none in Towson? I'll join you, JJ...bawwwwhahaha...and ahem, too!

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved