The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#190474 - 09/24/09 03:50 PM Chew on this!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Would love to have your comments on a new blog of mine, Chew on this! It's not for money, it's not for profit, it's just for fun.

I just happen to like two things...writing and food.

I'm sharing my latest meals, tips, and ideas for healthy eating. I just started this yesterday, so there are only three or four post. Given time though, I hope to have at least three a week.

I hope you enjoy it!

#190476 - 09/24/09 05:47 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
JJ, that is a beautiful blog! Great combination of text and pics! Very enticing! Have fun.

#190478 - 09/24/09 05:53 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Why thank you ma'am...I'm thinking of moving it though in the next few weeks. What fun!

And thank all of you for dropping by and leaving comments. Are you the best or whattt?

#190534 - 09/25/09 03:44 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What surprises me the most about this blog is the fact that no one commented on the mushroom bake. Am I the only one who could eat them out of the ground? I love these things! I've baked them twice using this simple recipes and I can tell you now, they are LAIR-A-PIN!

Moving on... how does your salad dressing weigh in?

#190571 - 09/26/09 01:15 AM Re: Chew on this! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I had to join to post, posted a comment about breakfast but it is not there. I am befuddled!Great looking blog site however, fun!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190573 - 09/26/09 01:23 AM Re: Chew on this! [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
AHA!!!! I found the comment under Chew On This by Trixie about loving salads and how to eat one for breakfast...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190588 - 09/26/09 08:14 AM Re: Chew on this! [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

I spent time at summer school beside a Danish lady who when we went to choose our meals choose salad as a starter at lunch/ dinner rather than a sweet..she said she does that every day.I feel she knew a good thing...cultural differences in food is so interesting.Any local to you themes Boomers..
In Scotland there is the habit of afternoon tea with fancy baking..not good really..OK now and again..

#190590 - 09/26/09 12:00 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I'll join you in the mushroom love-in, JJ. Love them. Shitake most of all.

#190596 - 09/26/09 01:13 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

And how do you fix them, Lola? I would love to know. I've started buying more and more of them because I love them baked with cheese (all fat-free) as a side dish and just hate running out. I don't live near a grocery store, so it's a trip to town, literally, to restock.

Today I'm blogging about a fat-free treat for the kids, or you...I make them for the grandkids but if they don't come buy, guess who eats them? Yeppers. I usually call my daughter-in-law and say don't come by here, I have the jungle rot, scurry, and berry-berry...she says, "You've made the JELL-O things, haven't you?"

Busted...

Alexander Graham Shells

#190602 - 09/26/09 02:40 PM Re: Chew on this! [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Thanks for the jello recipe. I'd surely make them.

Here's one. After you've evicted the tenant dwarf and his gang from the mushrooms:

6 cloves finely chopped garlic
(more if you don't like your neighbours grin)

olive oil
sherry
lemon juice
paprika

Saute the mushrooms in olive oil until it softens then add the garlic, lemon juice, sherry and paprika and cook until the garlic has softened as well. Season to taste and serve on buttered (or cream cheese) baguette with a garnish of chopped parsley or dill.

I also cook my portobellos like you do but would occasionally add spinach on top of the cheese. (no PAM here though so I clog my arteries with butter). And, a slice of tomayto-tomahto.

Mushroom omelette with feta and spinach is also yummy.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved