The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 23 of 23 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23
Topic Options
#19241 - 04/19/06 02:40 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Europa if you have access to a heated pool try exercising in it as there is no strain against any muscles and yet all the benefits are enjoyed. Most spas for arthritic patients do water aerobics of one kind or another....Dotsie I never heard of this helmet either but am looking for info pertaining to it, sounds interesting.

#19242 - 04/19/06 11:23 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
europa Offline

Loc: Europe
Thank you all for your interest. I don't have access to a pool as I live in a very small village (1020 souls) right in the Alps near the Swiss border..... The nearest town with - possibly - facilities such as you described is about 1 1/2 hours drive away....

The oxygen helmet I showed is similar to the one they were 'testing' when they used it on me... This was the only thing I could find on the web to show what it was like. Here are the other details for it....

http://www.hbot4u.com/trinity.html

europa

#19243 - 04/19/06 10:10 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
europa, have you always lived there? It sounds lovely, but I don't know if I could live in such a remote place. I like the way you refer to the town folk as souls.

#19244 - 05/11/06 03:16 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hi ya'all. Dotsie, I'm smoking more .... thanks for asking!

I was stuck in the elevator at work Monday afternoon with a coworker for 30 minutes. Yes, the same elevator I was hurt in 1-1/2 years ago. We called the Fire Dept. 3 times for help & the elevator guy got there in one hour. My coworker got us out in 30 minutes - he's my hero! While doing the Incident Report I broke down crying because I was so frightened while in the elevator - terrified my friend would get hurt trying to get us out and that it would fall again and I would be injured even more. It's taken me two days to recover emotionally.

Can you imagine the prank calls from coworkers on my day off yesterday? My answer -the elevator is a lemon, it's not bad luck, and I'm giving the escalator a shot at me from now on. I return to work tomorrow with hope. Ha! Saundra

#19245 - 05/12/06 12:25 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How scary. What floor were you on when it got stuck? And what got hurt?

#19246 - 05/13/06 02:34 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Dotsie, another coworker and I got in on the 1st floor & pushed the button for the 3rd floor. It went up, slammed to a stop & we hit the walls, fell (we're not sure how far), it slammed to another stop & we hit the walls again, then went back up to the 3rd floor. We ran like ... you know. We both got soft tissue injuries. I have a bad spine anyway and have since had almost constant pain in my lower back and muscle spasms in my right hip. Pain pills and muscle relaxers help.

So, after being trapped in it Monday, nobody will ride in the elevator with me - ever, including the security guards! The escalator is having its shot at me now. If I get hurt on it, I'm quitting this job.

I went back in it after the first 6 months because I didn't want to be one of those people who are afraid of elevators - now I'm one of those people who are afraid of elevators. I guess we have to be afraid of something!

Page 23 of 23 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved