The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#19031 - 11/20/05 11:16 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Thanks Bug.. less than a pack yesterday..
Smoking can prevent a bad situation from esculating. For example, on more than one occasion in the past, i had wanted to holler 'you g.. d..... ignorant, mean, bullying moron !!! "
Now that would obviously make matters worse, of course i'd tried 'discussing' in a reasonable way first, i am not stupid. So, i'd say nothing, light up a cigerette and try to change the subject.
"The wisdom to accept the things i cannot change," for me means, i can accept that somebody can be a mean, bullying, moron, but "to change the things i can" means, neither i, nor any one under my care is going to be a target any more.

#19032 - 11/21/05 02:09 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

norma, I hope less than a pack means this is an improvement.

Why are cigarettes so expensive? In Ohio the tax on cigarettes is really high.

A good friend of mine smokes. When I'm in her van she is courteous and opens the window a little to let the smoke out. I would never think of hurting or insulting her by asking her not to smoke. I value her company and it isn't going to kill me for the 20 minutes or so that I'm in her van. I don't lecture her either about smoking. I figure if she wants to quit she will.

#19033 - 11/21/05 04:43 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'm not exactly sure what all this is about or even for. Nothing posted here is going to change the laws or the fact that smoking is a nasty health hazzard that bothers everyone who is around the smoke. What is, is and I think we all know the in's and out's of smoking or non smoking.....maybe I missed something???

#19034 - 11/21/05 05:44 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I think it's just a place to vent, Chatty. You can't change a person with a big, sharp stick so I think we know a few words isn't going to change anything.

I haven't had anyone be rude to me about it, but then, I try not to be rude when I'm doing it either. I can't imagine anyone being silly enough to challenge me about it in my own home or outside. But people do crazy things and just when I think I've seen it all - I see something else, so you never know.

#19035 - 11/21/05 06:21 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

Thank you unique, because that is what this place is,a place to vent.

People are still going to smoke because they like to.

I am tired of having smokers treated like lepers.

I'm not nor have I ever been a smoker. My husband does not and never has smoked. What I'm trying to do here is to accept my fellow smokers and let them know I donot think they are nasty people.

People are going to smoke no matter how much others want to harass them. It is their right.

I want to encourage people to try to quit because I know they can. But, I feel that to harass and lecture a smoker is not the answer.

I felt really good today to see that norma smoked less than usual. That's a good start norma.

[ November 20, 2005, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#19036 - 11/21/05 06:23 AM Re: Smoking Section Only
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Hi Ladybug and others, i've made you my unofficial 'sponsor' Bug, is it okay ?
(i' should not shorten your name, i use it as term of affection though) You probably know about the 12 steps in many programs, and the serenity prayer which goes along with all the programs, so i think you understand when i'm referring to parts of the prayer in my posts, for me that is part of the key if i can made it.

Yes, less than a pack is an improvement, when a carton is in the house.

#19037 - 11/21/05 06:15 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
ladybug Offline

For those of you who have Encarta on your computer please check out the interesting facts on tobacco and smoking.

Were you aware that once you have stopped smoking for two weeks to one month your body has physically beaten the addiction. You're not home free however. It takes the psychological aspect (your mind), one to two years to accept and adjust to not having the tobacco. See why this addiction is so hard to break?

The more you know the stronger you will be to break it. You CAN do it.

#19038 - 11/21/05 06:22 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Bug,
I like the positive aspects you bring to this section, and I sincerely hope everyone appreciates your efforts. Kudos!

JJ

#19039 - 11/21/05 06:39 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What is Encarta? I read that after four hours of not smoking, your body begins to heal itself. I think that's amazing.

#19040 - 11/21/05 07:37 PM Re: Smoking Section Only
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I posted in the other smoking topic...I'll do it here from now on.
This is surely going to help me. I just feel closer to quitting than I ever have in my life.
Thank You sooooo much, everyone.
chick

Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 ... 22 23 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved