The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#189895 - 09/14/09 07:14 PM Heart Transplant
MustangGal
Unregistered

My step-father needs a new heart, and mine is breaking. I just don't have the appropriate words, for anyone, in this matter. Just so scared for him, my mother, and all involved. He does not listen to the doctor which has complicated matters. He's afraid he will not survive the surgery and leave my mother destitute. My mother will need someone to financially take care of her b/c she will only have social security. I'm not ready for this. But, that's not why I don't want him to die, I want him and everyone to live a long and productive life. His two children are not financially responsible and often 'borrow' money and don't pay it back. Ditto for my sister. Although I do not have a close relationship with my mother and step-father, nor siblings, that distant relationship does not deter from the fact that I do love them.

#189898 - 09/14/09 10:30 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am so sorry to hear about your news, Mustang. But you are a strong woman, and will be able to handle what comes your way. When you are feeling over-whelmed, you will do just what you did today - come here and look for strength and support.

Close relationships, or not, family is such a pull on our hearts. Sometimes the pull breaks our heart, sometimes it heals or protects.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#189989 - 09/16/09 02:18 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: Anno]
MustangGal
Unregistered

He was admitted to the hospital today. My parents don’t want us “kids” there until they’ve conferred with the physicians and test results. Thus, we’re all just on stand-by.

#190005 - 09/16/09 08:00 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: ]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Waiting is so hard. Hopfully everything will turn out allright.

#190006 - 09/16/09 08:07 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: Edelweiss3]
MustangGal
Unregistered

EW, thank you for asking, I appreciate knowing ya'll are here. Awaiting results from last Friday's CAT scan. Administered lasik to alleviate some of the congestion; liver test is normal, yet he is jaundice colored. Will perform ultrasound on stomach.

#190029 - 09/17/09 01:06 AM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My prayers are with all of you Mustang.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190118 - 09/18/09 01:08 AM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Mustang,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

#190121 - 09/18/09 01:13 AM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for the update. This waiting must be hard for all involved.

#190144 - 09/18/09 11:30 AM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I would like to thank you for sharing your heart's blessings of compassion and love with us, Mustang. I offer prayers for you and the rest of the family.

#190148 - 09/18/09 03:49 PM Re: Heart Transplant [Re: Lola]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thanks gals. He was feeling good last night and had eaten 2 meals. All tests were normal for his condition. Yet, last night his blood pressure spiked and he did not feel like eating breakfast nor sitting up in bed.

We were hoping he'd come home today. Another CAT scan has been ordered and he will stay another night.

His heart physician switched practices, thus my step-dad is at a newer hospital with better facilities, of which I'm glad for.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved