The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#18891 - 11/12/05 09:38 PM Tattoos
ladybug Offline

I've been considering a tattoo for several years now. Well gee, this isn't something you rush into. I was thinking maybe a small heart or butterfly on the ankle. Or a Ladybug? Anyway, have any of you gotten one or are contemplating getting one? I look at it as a silent rebellion since no one except my family and I would know it was there. I know some people find tattoos objectionable but I don't know...I've got an urge for a Harley too. What's with that? [Roll Eyes]

#18892 - 11/12/05 11:06 PM Re: Tattoos
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Many moons ago... while living in San Diego I decided I needed a tattoo. Being the big navy area it wasn't too hard finding a shop.
At the time strawberry's were the big thing.
So, after looking at the different pages of tattoo's I asked the guy if he could free draw.
That strawberry... didn't even look like a strawberry.

My son-in-law to be is a tattoo artist, he at one time worked full time, now he is in the reserves and due to deploy in Feb. to Iraq.
First of Dec. my daughter is going to marry him after 8 years.... took her awhile to say yes.

Anyways...he turned my ugly strawberry into the most beautiful rose. Colors are just amazing.
Let me give you a few pointers if your going to do this.

Any good tattoo artist will have a collection of pictures, designs they have created.
Ask to check photographs of their work. Make sure the area and equipment is clean.
My tattoo sits upon my left shoulder so not many people notice, (some company's have strict policies about tattoos that are seen). So decided before going, where you will be placing it.

My eldest daughter has a small butterfly placed near her ankle....just large enough to notice.

As for the Harley...I'll take one too.

#18893 - 11/12/05 11:12 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Well Brenda, my name is Rose and I'm glad to hear that strawberry bloomed into something a lot nicer. You've given me the incentive to do this and some very good pointers. Whenever we pass by the tattoo parlor and I mention it to my kids I get a reaction like, eewww, mom, you're too old for that. Mind you, they think I look young and cute for my age but I guess they just donot want to see their mom with a tattoo. But, that's my decision to make and not theirs. Thanks again for the encouragement. I think it should be a Ladybug. Been out looking at those Harleys too.

#18894 - 11/12/05 11:20 PM Re: Tattoos
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
I have a beautiful monarch butterfly on my right arm, up near my shoulder.

Make sure the design you choose, and the place you want to put it are something you'll be happy about for the rest of your life because its permanent.

I have another tatoo on my left shoulder that I wish I didn't get now - but I don't regret the butterfly at all.

So I'm one of those people who are both happy with and regretful of their tatoos [Smile]

I ditto the advice on cleanliness - the girl who did mine was extremely fussy about cleanliness, she even cancelled one of my appointments when she had a cold.

#18895 - 11/13/05 12:37 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

A few folks told me that getting a tattoo hurts a bit, does it? Does it take very long to do it and did you have any problems while it healed? How about price range? How do you take care of it right after it's been done? Thanks for your input!

#18896 - 11/13/05 01:13 AM Re: Tattoos
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
My son, who was always considered wimpy, recently got 2 tattoos. I think the pain must be very tolerable. He was instructed to wash with antibacterial soap for a few weeks and also to put a moisturizing lotion on it, like Curel.

I wanted to get a tattoo when I was 18, but my husband, who was then my boyfriend, basically badgered me not to. Guess he was bossy even back then...

#18897 - 11/13/05 02:00 AM Re: Tattoos
yepthatsme2 Offline

Know for a small piece 3"x5" son-in-law charges anywhere from $35.00 to $50.00 depending on the detail. Would imagine they average up and down according to where you live...larger city less.

My rose is about 5"x5" it took about 45 minutes or so...really depends on the experience of the artist.

Know Ed always tells his clients to buy the A&D ointment and keep that on for awhile...if they dry out to much they tend to run, or fade (smear).

Yes, there is a bit of pain starting out a nagging, stop that feeling. After awhile it tends to numb the surrounding area.
Helps if you can relax and breathe deeply.

If, you plan on getting the lady bug Google tattoo ladybug see what comes up.

http://tattoo.about.com/library/bl073104z.htm

#18898 - 11/13/05 04:08 AM Re: Tattoos
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to say a tatoo has never entered my mind. I have however been on a Harley many times, my friend the detective has one. Both my sons had motorcycles at one time too. I have a birthmark on my left wrist that resembles a strawberry but its light brown, thats enough for this wimp...oh, needles!!! [Frown] icky poo...

[ November 12, 2005, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#18899 - 11/13/05 05:58 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

I love that ladybug tattoo!! If I could be sure mine looked like that I'd do it in a minute. Chatty you made me laugh and I got a little bit uneasy when yepthatsme described the feeling. I think I'd want mine really small and on the arm way up close to the shoulder. Thanks for the info on the cost and care of it. I'll let you all know if I go through with it. My husband was a little surprised that I even considered it.

#18900 - 11/13/05 06:44 AM Re: Tattoos
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
I'd love to get a tattoo. I've been thinking about it off and on for a while. I've asked my husband about getting one, too. I, too, want to get one where it's not for everyone else to see. My choice is a picture I found on Google. It's a dogwood flower, but turned to where it's in the shape of a cross. It's beautiful.

Our main wonder is whether a tattoo stays in tact, even through aging or losing weight, etc. I want one on my back shoulder and he's thought about one on his shoulder. Anyone know if it stays in tact?

#18901 - 11/13/05 07:35 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

The website mentioned earlier has a lot of good information and I want to say thanks again to yepthatsme. I'll be studying this website before I make my decision. I do know several people who have very old tattoos that seem to have held up well. If you get yours on areas not prone to wrinkles like your back it should hold up nicely. Let's keep in contact and see how this progresses. When I mentioned it again to my husband he didn't like the idea but he knows that once I make up my mind to do something no one deters me. Gosh I do love that Ladybug tattoo on that website. About 33 years ago a friend got a butterfly tattoo on her abdomen. She had to go way out to Sandusky which is an hour away from me to get it done. Now we have a tattoo parlor right in my city. I think because tattoos are now so popular it's easier to find a parlor close by. My niece has one on her ankle as do several of her in-laws. Keep me posted.

#18902 - 11/14/05 08:27 AM Re: Tattoos
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
One pierce in each ear was enough for me. [Big Grin] I'm with chatty on the needle thing!

#18903 - 11/14/05 08:43 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

A woman I use to work with at I.R.S. now has five piercings in each ear! I've only got one in each ear and that will stay as that! Remember the old clip on earrings and how much they hurt? I finally got my ears pierced when I was 25 or 26. I had Vicky's ears pierced by her pediatrician when she was four months old. I came home from shopping and found one gone and the other on the floor. Daddy had never noticed. She had swallowed it. Because they were 14kt. gold I ugh, "dug through" things and found it. They were tiny, round gold hoops.

#18904 - 11/13/05 10:12 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

I think that getting a tattoo is some sort of symbolism. For those of us contemplating one think about it: we are saying to the world, this is my body and I have earned the right to finally do as I wish with it. A tattoo is a very personal thing isn't it? All my life I have been the straight-laced, "good girl" doing what I felt was pleasing to society. Sometimes it went against what I really wanted. Even now by having our tattoos placed out of sight we still want to keep society's stamp of approval. That's okay too. To me a tattoo symbolizes that I am a strong woman and of the age where I have earned the right to do whatever I want with my body even if it means others might disapprove.

#18905 - 11/14/05 04:21 AM Re: Tattoos
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Happy Wife and Mom, you betcha they stay in tact, just ask someone trying to have one removed...ouch! [Big Grin]

#18907 - 11/14/05 06:10 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

OOO, now THAT does worry me! Has anyone else heard this? Thank you speaker mom! Has this lead always been used? I would think the FDA would've banned it. However, I don't always believe the FDA does what's best for us as it should. Thanks for the facts!

#18908 - 11/14/05 07:46 AM Re: Tattoos
Feisty49 Offline

Loc: Niskayuna, NY
About 9 or 10 years ago, I got a tat just because I wanted one. It was supposed to be the first daisy flower in a chain that was going to go around my wrist. Wellllllll.. the first flower is also the last one because it hurt like crazy to have it done. I suppose the lesser amount of flesh at the point of the tattoo, such as the wrist, the more likely there is to be pain. I chose the wrist because I wanted to be able to see it. I wasn’t going to pay for anything I couldn’t enjoy, and I admit I like the reaction of those who see it and wonder what it is! I wasn’t concerned about the contents of the ink. I suspect just breathing the air on a bad day hurts the body more than the small amount of ink in a small tattoo. I say for anybody considering a tattoo, go for it. It’s your body, it doesn’t hurt anybody, and it’s fun.

#18909 - 11/14/05 02:43 PM Re: Tattoos
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
I've been envying belly button peircings. My husband says if I want one, get one. Those glitzty littly belly button decorations are so cute! But I don't know....

I've heard that it's really painful, takes a long time to heal, and that they tend to get infected more often than other piercing locations. I have no other piercings.

Anybody have one of these? How was it? Should I?

#18910 - 11/14/05 06:11 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Ouch Chatty, I just want to get a little ladybug no more than a half inch across not a huge I LOVE BILLYBOB tattoo like Angelina Jolie had the mistake of putting on her body. I think she tried to have it removed and unsuccessfully so because if I'm not mistaken it looks like it's still there in a more faded version.

#18911 - 11/15/05 01:29 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Okay, in a little while here I am going up to the tattoo parlor, just to get some info. Vicky also did a little digging on line and found out that lead has not been used in tattoos since the 60's when it was banned. That's a relief.

#18913 - 11/15/05 04:09 AM Re: Tattoos
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Go for it girls....not me!!! I use enough needles testing my Diabetes everyday several times, yuk! Oh and those bellyrings are cute if you're flat tummied and a younster maybe but my sisters daughter got one and it got ripped out one day when her levi zipper snagged it, ouch!!!

#18915 - 11/15/05 05:53 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Thank you yepthatsme2. I copied the ladybug picture after my visit to the tattoo parlor. He assured me there is no lead in any of the inks used in the process and needles are a one time use. The offices were clean and looked like my own doctor's rooms. He gave me a tour and a 25 minute explanation of how the other equipment he uses is sterilized. He impressed me because he never paused to add in the words, "uh" or "um." He said their parlors standards for cleanliness exceed that which is required by the state of Ohio. There were other people there looking at pictures of tattoos and he did show me a photo album of work he's done. I still liked the picture in the website mentioned by yepthatsme2. Thanks again so much!! So ladies, it looks like it's either Saturday or Sunday unless I chicken out.

#18916 - 11/15/05 05:57 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Mrs. Madness, I say if you want to go for it!! Yes!! He had pamphlets there too explaining how to care for the tattoos and piercings after they're done. I see no reason why you'd get infected if you follow the directions for keeping it clean while it's healing. Sure it can happen and in some cases it does but if it's what you really want why not? We're not little girls anymore asking for permission so go for it. Especially if your husband doesn't mind then why not?

#18917 - 11/15/05 06:26 AM Re: Tattoos
yepthatsme2 Offline

You are not gonna chicken out....it will be just fine.
Sounds as if your feeling better about all your questions, since visiting the shop.

#18918 - 11/15/05 06:35 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Yes, I do but it still looked a little intimidating. Nothing they had in the shop even came close to looking as nice as the ladybug tattoo you posted for me. Thanks so much for taking your time to do that it was really thoughtful of you! [Smile]

#18919 - 11/17/05 10:47 AM Re: Tattoos
bemidgie Offline

Loc: Washington State
My first post, but this is one of my favorite subjects. I have 7 tattoos. Got my first one when I was 51. I am now 58 and don't regret any of them. Yes, they hurt, but after about 10 minutes your endorphins kick in and its not so bad. The one on the back of my neck was the worst. I am just a regular woman, but I love expressing myself with tattoos. Sometimes you just have to go for it. Life's too short!

#18920 - 11/17/05 11:10 AM Re: Tattoos
LSmith5434 Offline

Welcome bemidgie......glad to see another Washingtonian in the group. I'm in Olympia, and love it here in the great Pacific Northwest. Just think....maybe one day we can plan a get together like the ladies from Colorado and Ohio are planning.
My oldest daughter had her first tatoo in August. She turned 40. She had an anklet done. I have to admit it's pretty.
I have three tatoos, but they are only a dot. I had to have them for my radiation for breast cancer. It hurt!!! So I won't be doing the real thing. I survived breast cancer, and the tatoos!!!
Lynne

#18921 - 11/17/05 06:46 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

LSmith I read a book about three months ago in which a very beautiful and young woman got breast cancer. I wish I could remember the title of it! Anyway, you know what she did? She got a tattoo right near her reconstructed breast! Yes, she did! I wish you the very best in continuing to remain healthy.
I am so happy to hear all the wonderful comments. Gosh, I have to endure 10 full minutes before those endorphins kick in? My daughter said quite a few of the girls at school also had it done and said the same thing. I'm going tomorrow around 3:30 p.m. I've done a lot of homework on this issue and I have wanted one for a long time now...years! It's body art and it doesn't change me and who I am. Thanks also to bemidgie, the encouragement is very important to me and very much appreciated.

[ November 17, 2005, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#18922 - 11/17/05 09:15 PM Re: Tattoos
bemidgie Offline

LSmith, I also live in Olympia...Lacey actually. I love it here also. I have been here for four years. I moved here after my husband died to be near my daughter. She lives in Everett, and this is close enough. Ladybug, you will do great with the tattoo. I also consider it body art and I think its fun. And now I blend in at my job. I work for Harley-Davidson here. Fun! Have a great day ladies.

#18923 - 11/17/05 09:35 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

I think "body art" and gorgeous Harleys go together perfectly. I have been "just looking" at Harleys. They are so beautiful especially in the color they call "black cherry." I don't know much about Harleys. Once I get my tattoo I'll be playing the song Born to be Wild, a lot more often.

Maybe if I think about you while they're doing it it won't hurt so much????

#18924 - 11/19/05 03:33 AM Re: Tattoos
Bluebird Offline

Ohhhhhhh, Ladybug!!!!!!!!! Thought you'd be back by now to tell us about your tattoo...Did ya pass out??? [Big Grin] [Eek!]

#18925 - 11/19/05 03:56 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Bluebird, here I am!!!!!!!! I love my ladybug tattoo. I just took off the bandage and washed it wih soap and water. It looks just like the picture in the website but the shadowing will not show up for awhile. It was only $50.00 and took 10 minutes to do. Did it hurt? YES, OH HECK YES!

Am I glad I did it? Yes, I am!!!

Thanks again for the picture of the Ladybug. I would kiss you if you were here!!!

#18926 - 11/19/05 04:00 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

yepthatsme2, just to be clear on that you know the kiss was for you but if Bluebird thought the kiss was for her that's okay cause I love her too!

Thanks again my ladies. You came through for me. I had my daughter come and hold my hand. I didn't look while he was doing it. He's an RN.

#18927 - 11/19/05 04:12 AM Re: Tattoos
Bluebird Offline

I missed the post where you said what part of you the tattoo would be on.
Glad you're ok!! I knew the kiss was for yep...

#18928 - 11/19/05 05:17 AM Re: Tattoos
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ok where's the pics?
chick

#18929 - 11/19/05 10:28 PM Re: Tattoos
yepthatsme2 Offline

Where is that Born to be Wild Woman???
Glad to hear, you got your lady bug.
Sounds as if, you artist had talent at drawing.
Always helps if you have someone, to hold your hand.
Bet is wasn't as bad, as you imagined.

Grabbed the kiss... so glad your happy with your choice.

Now on to the Harley.

My dad had a Harley when I was young...he always gave the kids rides, on the front of the handle bars.

My first solo ride was in high school. One of my dad's friends had a daughter who bought a Harley. We were out riding around one day...when she pulls over and says, you want to give it a try"?
Oh yea...I want. So, she shows me the different gears, the gas. I've got it reeved up, (it's sounding real good) pop the clutch and I'm off.
Front end actually raised up in the air, I'm riding on the back tire...while up in the air, I'm thinking, where is the break? (She forgot to show me).
I'm going faster and faster with a busy street a block away. My heart is pounding to beat the band.
All of a sudden I turn the gas into reverse position and the bike slows to a near stop. As soon as my feet reach the pavement...I fall over in slow motion with the bike...kissing the ground.

I've got better since.
[Big Grin]

#18930 - 11/19/05 11:46 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Hi all my ladies!!! I was at my elderly neighbor Marge's for three hours cleaning out her pantry for her and tossing out dated food.

The tattoo looks great, gee I'm telling you just like the picture! This guy IS a wonderful artist.

Can you believe someone would say to me, "my whole image of you is now shattered."

Please, this is just a drawing on my upper arm under my sleeve for heaven sake! I am a respected mom, donot booze, (don't even take one drink) and have never run around on my husband, so why now, am I suddenly in a league with drunken sailors?

The man who did my tattoo has a wife and three children. He tells me he has several teachers and other professional people getting tattoos but apparently they aren't admitting it.

Think about it, it is just a drawing on your body that doesn't come off. I did not grow horns or a tail, I go to church, I like to read the Bible and I say my prayers at night. I help my neighbors whenever they need it and now I'm some other creature! Go figure!

I'll have to have one of my kids take a picture with the digital camera and see if I can post it.

#18931 - 11/20/05 01:08 AM Re: Tattoos
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Perception, my dear...It's all in their heads.
chick

#18932 - 11/20/05 02:10 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Now I'm feeling like the ladies who smoke and say society frowns on them. [Frown]

#18933 - 11/20/05 02:12 AM Re: Tattoos
Bluebird Offline

Ladybug, who said it? I am Sicilian and I have relatives...ahem...

#18934 - 11/20/05 02:22 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

A well-meaning? Spanish teacher.

Yeah, I'm Sicilian too but it didn't make me angry, it just hurt a bit.

It seemed very small-minded.

Even hubby thinks it's cute now that he's seen it.

You're always a comfort! Brother Joe is coming for Thanksgiving dinner and I told hubby please don't mention my tattoo because I don't think brother will like it.

#18935 - 11/20/05 02:59 AM Re: Tattoos
Bluebird Offline

I meant relatives who could take care of this person who disrespected you... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#18936 - 11/20/05 04:08 AM Re: Tattoos
yepthatsme2 Offline

BBird is his name Vinny? I might know him.

Lbug...let it go...doesn't matter. If, your happy that's all that matters.

#18937 - 11/20/05 04:34 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Bluebird I know what you meant.

Yepthatsme2 that sounds like quite a spill you took on that Harley! Did you get hurt badly?

I've never ridden on one but was asked to many times, was a chicken in "those" days. They are beautiful though aren't they? You know what is really weird? Yesterday when I got the mail there was a card from the Elyria Harley Davidson shop announcing a sale. Isn't that strange???

[ November 19, 2005, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#18938 - 11/20/05 06:59 AM Re: Tattoos
LSmith5434 Offline

I learned to ride on a Harley. Sure glad my first experience wasn't like Yepthatsme2! Wow......that must have been a site for sore eyes.
Still riding bikes, but not the big ones. Have to have the dirt bikes for the Grandsons.
My daughters were riding bikes with me when around 3 years old. Now.......you protetive mothers out there.........I have to admit I was young and stupid to do it. But.....they learned to ride.......and when they got behind the wheel of a car with a stick, there was no "luching," no slipping the clutch, no stalling the car. I think it has to do with just the "feel" you get from riding a bike, even tho' the clutch is done by hand, and the acceleration done by hand. They are fun to ride if you are into that sort of thing. I guess the same thing goes with tatoos. Hope you really enjoy your ladybug!!!
Lynne

#18939 - 11/20/05 06:59 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Thanks Lynne, I love my Ladybug.

Speaking of clutches, my husband wants the next Corvette in a stick and wants to teach me. My 2002 is a torch red convertible and I insisted it be automatic.

The ladybug is the official "insect" of Ohio but I don't see any special license plates for it. I've just got my initials on mine.

#18940 - 11/20/05 07:12 PM Re: Tattoos
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have a Dyna Wide Glider with a custom seat and ground pounder pipes. It screams! A friend had my book cover painted on the back fender. I think I'm gonna sell her though. My husband says I have too many toys. The garage is so crowded. My hot rod truck and the black bullet (car) along with my daughter's SUV leaves very little room for anything else. Plus, with my neck injury, I don't feel safe riding a Harley right now and may never again.

#18941 - 11/20/05 10:52 PM Re: Tattoos
yepthatsme2 Offline

Ladybug...not one scratch.
My parents told me I was sheet bleached white when I walked through the door.
Remember my knees knocking together too.
[Big Grin]

#18942 - 11/21/05 06:19 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Dianne, tell me more about your Harley. What color is she?

Those Dyna-Gliders are the smoother street-riding types but correct me if I'm wrong here because the Harley store here had many different types.

I'd find it hard to part with her but as long as you know she's going to a "good home" it's okay.

#18943 - 11/21/05 06:22 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Mrs. Madness, and anyone else interested to get piercing and tattoo info., here is the website of the place I went to: www.medicinemantats.com.

There's a picture of Joel, the guy who did my "body art."

They are now in a newer and bigger shop renamed Goodfellas so the website is slightly outdated.

#18944 - 11/28/05 04:04 AM Re: Tattoos
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Oh my goodness! You DID IT?!?!? How painful was it?

#18945 - 11/28/05 07:20 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

At first it started out okay. I turned my head away as he was doing it. My daughter held my hand as I silently mouth a few choice obscenities when it started to hurt. Thankfully he had to stop every now and again to wipe dripping ink. For the most part it was okay but I don't know why some parts were more sensitive than others.

A classmate of my daughter's from school wanted to come along and see it being done. Unfortunately she told me beforehand that red ink has to be put in deeper and hurts more. I don't really know if that is true or not. It just seemed to hurt at times whether it was black or red ink.

The upside is it took only 10 minutes. If you're thinking of doing it go ahead it isn't that bad. I don't even know it's there. It's at a peeling stage right now. The aftercare was simple too.

When it completely heals maybe we'll post a picture. [Big Grin]

[ November 28, 2005, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#18946 - 11/29/05 08:51 AM Re: Tattoos
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

At least it was dripping ink and not blood! [Eek!]

My Harley is more lady-like than say, a Fat Boy. It's sleek and low. It's a sunflower yellow with very fine pinstriping in a deep purple. And of course, a ton of chrome. You do know that HD doesn't really stand for Harley Davidson. It stands for hundred dollars, which you end up spending when you start adding chrome and bling.

#18947 - 11/28/05 10:21 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

OOOOOOOOOO What beautiful colors Dianne. How about posting a picture of her right here?

The blood was dripping as well, but not too much.

#18948 - 11/28/05 11:27 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

My good friend called me today and we had a long chat. At the end I said, "I got a tattoo."

There was silence on the other end for awhile and I thought, uh-oh.

She said, "I've wanted to get one for a long time too and am going to on my 50th birthday in March."

I told her I'd go with her. She's a married lady with four children and has been an RN for more than 25 years.

#18949 - 12/01/05 01:35 AM Re: Tattoos
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Ladybug,
Belated congrats on your ladybug tatoo...You made up your mind and you did it...that is so awesome!!! I'm glad the whole thing only took 10 minutes...I'll bet your daughter will never forget that you shared the experience with her...Way to go !!!! [Smile]

#18950 - 12/01/05 04:22 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Thanks AvalonBlondi! I'm still wondering if Mrs_Madness is considering her navel ring?

#18951 - 12/01/05 09:01 AM Re: Tattoos
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Have any of you seen the Absolutely Fabulous show where she gets a navel ring? It's just so funny. She's overweight and has to move the flab so you can see her new navel ring and it's bloody and just...gross.

I'm too chicken to get a tatto. I have trouble with shots!

#18952 - 12/01/05 06:16 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Dianne, I think that's a sight I'd rather not behold.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved