The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#18924 - 11/19/05 03:33 AM Re: Tattoos
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ohhhhhhh, Ladybug!!!!!!!!! Thought you'd be back by now to tell us about your tattoo...Did ya pass out??? [Big Grin] [Eek!]

#18925 - 11/19/05 03:56 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Bluebird, here I am!!!!!!!! I love my ladybug tattoo. I just took off the bandage and washed it wih soap and water. It looks just like the picture in the website but the shadowing will not show up for awhile. It was only $50.00 and took 10 minutes to do. Did it hurt? YES, OH HECK YES!

Am I glad I did it? Yes, I am!!!

Thanks again for the picture of the Ladybug. I would kiss you if you were here!!!

#18926 - 11/19/05 04:00 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

yepthatsme2, just to be clear on that you know the kiss was for you but if Bluebird thought the kiss was for her that's okay cause I love her too!

Thanks again my ladies. You came through for me. I had my daughter come and hold my hand. I didn't look while he was doing it. He's an RN.

#18927 - 11/19/05 04:12 AM Re: Tattoos
Bluebird Offline

I missed the post where you said what part of you the tattoo would be on.
Glad you're ok!! I knew the kiss was for yep...

#18928 - 11/19/05 05:17 AM Re: Tattoos
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ok where's the pics?
chick

#18929 - 11/19/05 10:28 PM Re: Tattoos
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Where is that Born to be Wild Woman???
Glad to hear, you got your lady bug.
Sounds as if, you artist had talent at drawing.
Always helps if you have someone, to hold your hand.
Bet is wasn't as bad, as you imagined.

Grabbed the kiss... so glad your happy with your choice.

Now on to the Harley.

My dad had a Harley when I was young...he always gave the kids rides, on the front of the handle bars.

My first solo ride was in high school. One of my dad's friends had a daughter who bought a Harley. We were out riding around one day...when she pulls over and says, you want to give it a try"?
Oh yea...I want. So, she shows me the different gears, the gas. I've got it reeved up, (it's sounding real good) pop the clutch and I'm off.
Front end actually raised up in the air, I'm riding on the back tire...while up in the air, I'm thinking, where is the break? (She forgot to show me).
I'm going faster and faster with a busy street a block away. My heart is pounding to beat the band.
All of a sudden I turn the gas into reverse position and the bike slows to a near stop. As soon as my feet reach the pavement...I fall over in slow motion with the bike...kissing the ground.

I've got better since.
[Big Grin]

#18930 - 11/19/05 11:46 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Hi all my ladies!!! I was at my elderly neighbor Marge's for three hours cleaning out her pantry for her and tossing out dated food.

The tattoo looks great, gee I'm telling you just like the picture! This guy IS a wonderful artist.

Can you believe someone would say to me, "my whole image of you is now shattered."

Please, this is just a drawing on my upper arm under my sleeve for heaven sake! I am a respected mom, donot booze, (don't even take one drink) and have never run around on my husband, so why now, am I suddenly in a league with drunken sailors?

The man who did my tattoo has a wife and three children. He tells me he has several teachers and other professional people getting tattoos but apparently they aren't admitting it.

Think about it, it is just a drawing on your body that doesn't come off. I did not grow horns or a tail, I go to church, I like to read the Bible and I say my prayers at night. I help my neighbors whenever they need it and now I'm some other creature! Go figure!

I'll have to have one of my kids take a picture with the digital camera and see if I can post it.

#18931 - 11/20/05 01:08 AM Re: Tattoos
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Perception, my dear...It's all in their heads.
chick

#18932 - 11/20/05 02:10 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Now I'm feeling like the ladies who smoke and say society frowns on them. [Frown]

#18933 - 11/20/05 02:12 AM Re: Tattoos
Bluebird Offline

Ladybug, who said it? I am Sicilian and I have relatives...ahem...

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved