The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#18913 - 11/15/05 04:09 AM Re: Tattoos
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Go for it girls....not me!!! I use enough needles testing my Diabetes everyday several times, yuk! Oh and those bellyrings are cute if you're flat tummied and a younster maybe but my sisters daughter got one and it got ripped out one day when her levi zipper snagged it, ouch!!!

#18915 - 11/15/05 05:53 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Thank you yepthatsme2. I copied the ladybug picture after my visit to the tattoo parlor. He assured me there is no lead in any of the inks used in the process and needles are a one time use. The offices were clean and looked like my own doctor's rooms. He gave me a tour and a 25 minute explanation of how the other equipment he uses is sterilized. He impressed me because he never paused to add in the words, "uh" or "um." He said their parlors standards for cleanliness exceed that which is required by the state of Ohio. There were other people there looking at pictures of tattoos and he did show me a photo album of work he's done. I still liked the picture in the website mentioned by yepthatsme2. Thanks again so much!! So ladies, it looks like it's either Saturday or Sunday unless I chicken out.

#18916 - 11/15/05 05:57 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Mrs. Madness, I say if you want to go for it!! Yes!! He had pamphlets there too explaining how to care for the tattoos and piercings after they're done. I see no reason why you'd get infected if you follow the directions for keeping it clean while it's healing. Sure it can happen and in some cases it does but if it's what you really want why not? We're not little girls anymore asking for permission so go for it. Especially if your husband doesn't mind then why not?

#18917 - 11/15/05 06:26 AM Re: Tattoos
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
You are not gonna chicken out....it will be just fine.
Sounds as if your feeling better about all your questions, since visiting the shop.

#18918 - 11/15/05 06:35 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Yes, I do but it still looked a little intimidating. Nothing they had in the shop even came close to looking as nice as the ladybug tattoo you posted for me. Thanks so much for taking your time to do that it was really thoughtful of you! [Smile]

#18919 - 11/17/05 10:47 AM Re: Tattoos
bemidgie Offline

Loc: Washington State
My first post, but this is one of my favorite subjects. I have 7 tattoos. Got my first one when I was 51. I am now 58 and don't regret any of them. Yes, they hurt, but after about 10 minutes your endorphins kick in and its not so bad. The one on the back of my neck was the worst. I am just a regular woman, but I love expressing myself with tattoos. Sometimes you just have to go for it. Life's too short!

#18920 - 11/17/05 11:10 AM Re: Tattoos
LSmith5434 Offline

Welcome bemidgie......glad to see another Washingtonian in the group. I'm in Olympia, and love it here in the great Pacific Northwest. Just think....maybe one day we can plan a get together like the ladies from Colorado and Ohio are planning.
My oldest daughter had her first tatoo in August. She turned 40. She had an anklet done. I have to admit it's pretty.
I have three tatoos, but they are only a dot. I had to have them for my radiation for breast cancer. It hurt!!! So I won't be doing the real thing. I survived breast cancer, and the tatoos!!!
Lynne

#18921 - 11/17/05 06:46 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

LSmith I read a book about three months ago in which a very beautiful and young woman got breast cancer. I wish I could remember the title of it! Anyway, you know what she did? She got a tattoo right near her reconstructed breast! Yes, she did! I wish you the very best in continuing to remain healthy.
I am so happy to hear all the wonderful comments. Gosh, I have to endure 10 full minutes before those endorphins kick in? My daughter said quite a few of the girls at school also had it done and said the same thing. I'm going tomorrow around 3:30 p.m. I've done a lot of homework on this issue and I have wanted one for a long time now...years! It's body art and it doesn't change me and who I am. Thanks also to bemidgie, the encouragement is very important to me and very much appreciated.

[ November 17, 2005, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#18922 - 11/17/05 09:15 PM Re: Tattoos
bemidgie Offline

LSmith, I also live in Olympia...Lacey actually. I love it here also. I have been here for four years. I moved here after my husband died to be near my daughter. She lives in Everett, and this is close enough. Ladybug, you will do great with the tattoo. I also consider it body art and I think its fun. And now I blend in at my job. I work for Harley-Davidson here. Fun! Have a great day ladies.

#18923 - 11/17/05 09:35 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

I think "body art" and gorgeous Harleys go together perfectly. I have been "just looking" at Harleys. They are so beautiful especially in the color they call "black cherry." I don't know much about Harleys. Once I get my tattoo I'll be playing the song Born to be Wild, a lot more often.

Maybe if I think about you while they're doing it it won't hurt so much????

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved