The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#18901 - 11/13/05 07:35 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

The website mentioned earlier has a lot of good information and I want to say thanks again to yepthatsme. I'll be studying this website before I make my decision. I do know several people who have very old tattoos that seem to have held up well. If you get yours on areas not prone to wrinkles like your back it should hold up nicely. Let's keep in contact and see how this progresses. When I mentioned it again to my husband he didn't like the idea but he knows that once I make up my mind to do something no one deters me. Gosh I do love that Ladybug tattoo on that website. About 33 years ago a friend got a butterfly tattoo on her abdomen. She had to go way out to Sandusky which is an hour away from me to get it done. Now we have a tattoo parlor right in my city. I think because tattoos are now so popular it's easier to find a parlor close by. My niece has one on her ankle as do several of her in-laws. Keep me posted.

#18902 - 11/14/05 08:27 AM Re: Tattoos
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
One pierce in each ear was enough for me. [Big Grin] I'm with chatty on the needle thing!

#18903 - 11/14/05 08:43 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

A woman I use to work with at I.R.S. now has five piercings in each ear! I've only got one in each ear and that will stay as that! Remember the old clip on earrings and how much they hurt? I finally got my ears pierced when I was 25 or 26. I had Vicky's ears pierced by her pediatrician when she was four months old. I came home from shopping and found one gone and the other on the floor. Daddy had never noticed. She had swallowed it. Because they were 14kt. gold I ugh, "dug through" things and found it. They were tiny, round gold hoops.

#18904 - 11/13/05 10:12 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

I think that getting a tattoo is some sort of symbolism. For those of us contemplating one think about it: we are saying to the world, this is my body and I have earned the right to finally do as I wish with it. A tattoo is a very personal thing isn't it? All my life I have been the straight-laced, "good girl" doing what I felt was pleasing to society. Sometimes it went against what I really wanted. Even now by having our tattoos placed out of sight we still want to keep society's stamp of approval. That's okay too. To me a tattoo symbolizes that I am a strong woman and of the age where I have earned the right to do whatever I want with my body even if it means others might disapprove.

#18905 - 11/14/05 04:21 AM Re: Tattoos
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Happy Wife and Mom, you betcha they stay in tact, just ask someone trying to have one removed...ouch! [Big Grin]

#18907 - 11/14/05 06:10 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

OOO, now THAT does worry me! Has anyone else heard this? Thank you speaker mom! Has this lead always been used? I would think the FDA would've banned it. However, I don't always believe the FDA does what's best for us as it should. Thanks for the facts!

#18908 - 11/14/05 07:46 AM Re: Tattoos
Feisty49 Offline

Loc: Niskayuna, NY
About 9 or 10 years ago, I got a tat just because I wanted one. It was supposed to be the first daisy flower in a chain that was going to go around my wrist. Wellllllll.. the first flower is also the last one because it hurt like crazy to have it done. I suppose the lesser amount of flesh at the point of the tattoo, such as the wrist, the more likely there is to be pain. I chose the wrist because I wanted to be able to see it. I wasn’t going to pay for anything I couldn’t enjoy, and I admit I like the reaction of those who see it and wonder what it is! I wasn’t concerned about the contents of the ink. I suspect just breathing the air on a bad day hurts the body more than the small amount of ink in a small tattoo. I say for anybody considering a tattoo, go for it. It’s your body, it doesn’t hurt anybody, and it’s fun.

#18909 - 11/14/05 02:43 PM Re: Tattoos
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
I've been envying belly button peircings. My husband says if I want one, get one. Those glitzty littly belly button decorations are so cute! But I don't know....

I've heard that it's really painful, takes a long time to heal, and that they tend to get infected more often than other piercing locations. I have no other piercings.

Anybody have one of these? How was it? Should I?

#18910 - 11/14/05 06:11 PM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Ouch Chatty, I just want to get a little ladybug no more than a half inch across not a huge I LOVE BILLYBOB tattoo like Angelina Jolie had the mistake of putting on her body. I think she tried to have it removed and unsuccessfully so because if I'm not mistaken it looks like it's still there in a more faded version.

#18911 - 11/15/05 01:29 AM Re: Tattoos
ladybug Offline

Okay, in a little while here I am going up to the tattoo parlor, just to get some info. Vicky also did a little digging on line and found out that lead has not been used in tattoos since the 60's when it was banned. That's a relief.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved