The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#188328 - 08/15/09 04:33 PM Whats yours?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have enjoyed crocheting for many years now. I am self taught and have really gotten good on the items I can do. I also love writing, and painting. I don't paint too often anymore and also love photography when I have a working camera.

But mostly to relax and yes, to make money, I crochet. I am tickled pink others appreciate my work and want to own one of my one of a kind creations...

What are some of your hobbies or fun ways to relax?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#188338 - 08/15/09 07:01 PM Re: Whats yours? [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chatty, isn't crocheting fun? My grandmother was an accomplished person when it came to anything like that. She taught me to knit, crochet, embroider, do tapestry work and tatting. I taught myself crewel and macrame as well as hand-smocking and dressmaking. I write prose and poetry and my partner and I both have digital SLRs so from autumn to spring we're out and about taking pictures. I love researching just about anything; mentoring others in everything from art to zoology; and on and on. There are so many things to learn and do; not enough time to do it all. Now if I were rich instead of gorgeous and didn't have to work for a living I could really have fun! LOL
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#188380 - 08/16/09 03:54 PM Re: Whats yours? [Re: yonuh]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ain't it the truth Jonuh, you gorgeous creature...LOL!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#188386 - 08/16/09 04:33 PM Re: Whats yours? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I admire you, gorgeous ladies. I never learned to do all that handiwork!

Edited by jabber (08/17/09 01:31 PM)

#188417 - 08/17/09 06:24 AM Re: Whats yours? [Re: jabber]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I love your crochet work! Reading, playing the piano, even playing a sport relaxes me. And hanging with my family and friends.

#188418 - 08/17/09 11:24 AM Re: Whats yours? [Re: diamond50]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Counted crosstitch was my #1 hobby for years but I'm getting away from that these days. Have gotten into quilting, and making tote bags and little bags like you'd use for make-up or jewelry when your travel. I am working on a crosstitch project at the moment because I'm laid up recovering from surgery and it's easier to deal with. Once in a while I paint ceramic pieces. I also like making my own greeting cards. I also like making fleece blankets.
I've made some quilts for friends (only charging them for the materials) but have never tried making money off my stuff. Everybody says I should but somehow I just haven't gotten there. Maybe one of these days.

#188419 - 08/17/09 12:38 PM Re: Whats yours? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cross...a friend of mine makes the fleece blankets. I just love them. I use to do ceramics, too. And I cross stiched everything that was standing still. My Ex used to laugh and say to the kids, keep moving or you'll find an X on you! (He must have stopped, bawhahahah....ahem). I love crocheting and knitting...but I'm not as good as Chatty.

Now making the greeting cards...THAT is something I would love to jump into. I mean it. I would love the creative license it would allow. Do you use any particular program? I've been making my own tags for gifts but I just use whatever artwork I want and do a "set up" in WORD...for now. Oh to have a MAC for something like this!

Quilting...no thanks...I'm more into instant gratification.

PS--I'm not prying, but I hope that the results of the surgery having you feeling better, whatever it was, and that it was 100% successful! I miss you when you're not around, girl!

#188426 - 08/17/09 01:34 PM Re: Whats yours? [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Cross,
Here's praying for a speedy recovery!

#188502 - 08/18/09 10:46 PM Re: Whats yours? [Re: jabber]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I have some greeting card programs, but don't use them anymore. I like making three dimensional cards........I use lots of neat little stuff like scrapbookerers use. I save all greeting cards I get and sometimes cut stuff off of them to use when making new cards.
JawJaw, the surgery was for a bunion, caused by a bone spur. Not as nasty as most bunion surgery, but still has me not able to get around all that well. Doc took stitches out today, but I'm still on limited activiy. Working on recovery though!
Thanks for the good wishes!

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (08/18/09 10:46 PM)

#188503 - 08/19/09 12:00 AM Re: Whats yours? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
When I'm motivated, painting has been an area I dabbled and took courses here and there over the last few decades. I have a pile of art supplies and canvasses I should use...

I used to design my own greeting cards by using a combination of hand calligraphy and pen & ink cartoon drawings in per card design, for Christmas. I made the master designs and had card copies printed off to give to friends and families.

I used to sew alot of my own clothing ..for many years before that interest got supplanted by regular cycling.

loved using my SLR Nikon camera for a number of years. I did do photo shoots for weddings of several friends and relatives. Now with digital, I see it more as a tool to record pictures to inspire me to do other artwork..when I get around to it.

For now it's cycling, reading. Am procrastinating on other other stuff/not terribly motivated.

HMMM...do hobbies includes activities that one "should" do?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved