The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 181 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#188300 - 08/15/09 12:40 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Meredith, I don't recall you being or looking overweight at all. You looked perfect for your height and bone structure. I was pretty much resembling a basketball with teeth.

I look forward to the day when I am just 15 pounds overweight. Sigh...

#188375 - 08/16/09 03:19 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Personally, I would like to be 10 pounds underweight just once in my fluffy existance...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#188415 - 08/17/09 04:04 AM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks Jawjaw. Until 10 years ago, I had no excess weight, period. Now I'm heavier due to Tamoxifen as much as menopause.

The earth still turns and the universe goes on. I know what I was, and what I am now. 15 lbs. isn't unhealthy, it's just a little bigger.

Poet and essayist

#188420 - 08/17/09 12:43 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Until 10 years ago, I didn't either...then menopause entered my life, along with two different car wrecks which almost took me out...pain meds, everything broken on my left side, and my dad getting Lewy-Body Dementia and his death, then getting laid off after 25+ years, then I quit smoking in the middle of all of it...then mom getting breast cancer in the middle of all of it...it's a wonder I don't weigh 300 pounds. Stress...it WAS my middle name.

But not anymore!

#188429 - 08/17/09 01:53 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Wow! Jawjaw, the way you joke around, I never would've thought of
you as having to fight stress. But you've really, really battled
too. Well, I'm fighting the good fight. We'll see what happens.

#188467 - 08/18/09 01:22 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Divine,
There's just that much more of you to love! Think of the extra
15 pounds that way! And you'll love 'em!

#188479 - 08/18/09 02:06 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
JJ, congrats on your hard work and lifestyle changes. I know your tickled.

Mustang, keep up the good work. I can't imagine you have only but a few pound to lose with your height and weight.

orchid, I always admire your eating and exercise routines. You deserve the occasional sweet.

Meredith, you looked great in Vegas. I can relate to you feeling okay about your weight gain. I felt fine with the five pound weight gain, making it 150, but now I'm right aroudn 160 and just don't feel great, even though all summer, I've been walking, or walking/running five mornings a week. I absolutely love getting the exercise. It feels great and I feel a boost just knowing that I'm doing something to help myself, but no weight loss. I'm working harder on my diet and hope to see some results in the next two weeks.

My problem is that we've pretty much eaten healthy due to Ross's diabetes, so how do we keep cutting/changing when we already feel as though we're doing so? My answer is to eat less. That's all I can come up with, and I don't like it one bit.

#188480 - 08/18/09 02:07 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, I hear ya on the metabloism slow down. That has to be it. That and the fact that I sit on my butt for work.

KathyC, I'd never thought about my thyroid. GOod point!

#188481 - 08/18/09 02:09 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

ciao, I like the trampoline idea. Sounds like a good workout.

EW, do you walk when you golf, or use a cart?

Chatty, I thought of you last week when I had Dad at the PT and he told him to do his little exercises on the commercials. Are you still marching on commercials?

#188494 - 08/18/09 07:41 PM Re: Exercise, weight loss/control [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Yes, I walk, even briskly, when I play golf. I've only used a cart in Spain, where everyone uses carts, because the golf courses are gigantic. Golf is def. a sport for me; up and down hills, in the bunker, outta the bunker,...in the bunker....outta the bunker, crawling on all fours looking for the ball, stooping, and going in hiding when hubby's balls zig zag across my head.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved