The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#187144 - 07/25/09 11:16 AM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anne, does the agency know he gets drunk while you're there? I'm surprised they allow you to go if her's drunk. That's a bit scary.

Loooking for the good in everything takes practice. I've gotten so much better at it through the years.

My all-time favorite is:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3: 5-6.

#187157 - 07/25/09 02:14 PM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Yes ma'am! That is wisdom right there: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." There is
so much in this life that I don't understand, it scares me!

#187185 - 07/26/09 01:20 PM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I am trying to train my thoughts so that I focus on the good in life and downplay the bad. And I know that will take practice.
I was doing okay until everything went awry. It is easy to be
upbeat when life goes along smoothly. But when most everybody you love is in an awful fix, trying to keep a song in your heart and a smile on your face is a whole different ballgame.

#187239 - 07/27/09 06:18 PM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

This is pathetic. He's only making matters worse. Is there another person from the agency there with him at night?

#187279 - 07/28/09 01:52 PM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Anne327,
I know you are right. I try to keep upbeat and do, most of
the time. I know depression can completely unglue life, so I
police myself not to go too far in the pits. Good luck
with sir drinksalot!

#188327 - 08/15/09 04:28 PM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I believe those doing caregiver work need to give themselves a break. There is only so much one can do for another person before going over the edge of depression. Especially if the one you're caring for isn't able to think clesarly and acts accordingly. Ladies, comments please.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#188414 - 08/17/09 02:51 AM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jabber...sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to the sad things in our life. No matter what we wish for or want we're going to have to face disappointment and loss of someone. I'm going through a really tough time at the moment and I've found that talking to people who really care is most important. They provide me with optimism and soft, kind words of support. I have found that I can carry a lot for a long time and then I just break down and cry and cry and cry...I have so many thoughts that run through my head...injustice, unfairness, resentment...negative things that creep in. But, then a friend with say something that shifts my feelings of sorrow and I begin to push away the negative and move towards the positive. Not an easy thing to do when I'm really hurt or sad. I guess I come to the conclusion that I can't change things/someone/situations and resolve myself to stop beating myself up for that. I'm not sure what your situation is but I hope that you have someone who you can share the bare to the bones feelings with and get a sympathic and supportive response. We all need that. I hope things get better for you...I don't really have a scripture but I guess it would be 'in the beginning'...every day is a new beginning...a chance to start over.

#188477 - 08/18/09 01:53 PM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Dee,
Thank you. I recently loss someone very close to me. She was
my sounding board; for, I'm dealing with another very difficult situation, and we were all friends. A group of us gals went out
to lunch together. It reminds me of the "Valley of the Dolls"
scenario. One died. One is in the nursing home. Another got
cancer. Another betrayed everyone. And I'm left to work out the
hurt and bring healing wherever I can. It helps to have this site, where I can ask for and get understanding. Thank you for caring, Dee.
And I pray everything works out for you! Blessings,

#188483 - 08/18/09 02:14 PM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dee, sorry to hear you are struggling with anything, but you are so right - it's life. Having a sounding board is vital, especially when it's someone who is compassionate and caring. I'm glad you have that in your life and pray it remains there forever. That's why it's important that we keep making new friends.

jabber,wow, what a lot of changes going on with you and your girlfriends. Are you still able to gether thre troops for lunch, or have you all pretty much gone your own ways?

Dad never complains - never. But on a rare occasion, he'll say, "It's hell to get old." I think it's hell enough to witness. I can't imagine being in their shoes. God help us all.

Edited by Dotsie (08/18/09 02:15 PM)

#188509 - 08/19/09 03:48 AM Re: 1 Cor. 2:9 [Re: Dotsie]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jabber...you are more than welcome...and I continue to hope that you remain strong and steadfast through all this. You will always have us.

Thank you Dotsie...I'm sending you a PM.

Your dad is amazing...cherish him and love him and give him a big hug for me... smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved