The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#18434 - 02/03/06 09:25 PM Re: Hair Care, etc.
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
when I was younger I wore short hair, then went into the Marines and kept it short. After I got married, I let it grow out a little, but it wasn't until I was in my 30's that I decided to let it grow long. I kept it long until I was 40, and it got so that I was hurting my back having to take care of it. I had to bend over at the waist to comb it out and dry it. My hairdresser hated to cut it, but it needed to be done. I've been wearing it short now for a few years and I like it. It's easy to take care of, it looks like it's styled every day. I just run a comb through it and I'm done.

I stopped coloring it and it looks fine. The brown is still there, but it's more gray, and a few streaks of white.

I have been taking biotin now for over a year and the results are great. My hair is thick and healthy. My nails are strong.

And, funny thing. Now that I'm taking my Cymbalta, that stops the pain in my back, I don't have the problem anymore about taking care of my hair. Think I should start growing it out again? :-)

#18435 - 02/05/06 12:56 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, I didn't know you were in the Marines. Learn something new every day here at BWS.

My vote is to keep it short. It looks good. I saw the wedding pictures, remember?

#18436 - 02/07/06 02:08 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
I suffered a bit of thinning and hair loss at the temples the last few years. After I read this I started taking biotin and iron around last October.

Can't say I've seen tons of hair sprouting out where I'd like to have it. But by golly yes, my fingernails have become bullet proof! I can hardly get a pair of nail clippers to go through them.

How much longer do I need to wait for my thick luxurious mane? [Big Grin] Or maybe the har will grow in a place where I don't want it? (wouldn't that be just my luck to have a splendid growth of underarm hair?)

#18437 - 02/07/06 02:30 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Madness......I was losing my hair over a year ago. Went to a dermatologist, got on iron, Vitamin E and Biotin, and my hair came in curly!!!!!
I now have tons of hair, it's still curly, and I'm finally getting used to it.
Give it time and the hair will come back.
Lynne

#18438 - 02/07/06 05:14 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My hair didn't come in thicker but I seemed to have alot more of it. My usually thin easily broken nails are thicker and stronger with the Biotin. I noticed the difference in about 90 days or so. [Razz]

[ February 06, 2006, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#18439 - 02/08/06 08:54 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The curly hair reminds me of a few women I know who lost their hair due to chemo. When it grew back, it was thick and wavy. What's up with that? Anyone know? HAs that happened to anyone here?

[ February 07, 2006, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#18440 - 02/11/06 06:40 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well ladies, I caved and got it all cut short again. Looks great and is very blondish. Once short its hard to let it grow out I guess, too lazy to fiddle.

#18441 - 05/27/06 09:35 PM Re: Hair Care, etc.
cara4art Offline

Loc: north-central New Mexico
For those of us with naturally-curly hair, the website www.naturallycurly.com is great - loads of support and celebration of curliness in all its forms. Very active discussion boards too, including a new one for over-40's. A tip, once you have your hair cut right for your particular texture, it's a whole lot easier to deal with. It can be challenging to find a haircutter who really knows how to deal with curly hair, but once you find him/her, stick with them! I've followed mine around to several salons in Santa Fe, with great results!
Fortunately thinning isn't present for me - my cutter says I have enough hair for 3 people. It's maybe gotten somewhat finer over the years, but it is still very plentiful and does exactly what it wants, which is to curl in loose curls and waves.

#18442 - 05/28/06 02:57 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nice of you to advertise for this other site, but why not go to the welcome thread and introduce yourself and tell us something about you. You may or may not have noticed that the site you mentioned charges others to advertise on their site...

[ May 27, 2006, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#18443 - 05/28/06 03:13 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've gone strawberry blonde for the summer! I like it. It's gonna take a while for my hair to get back all of it's shine but I'm putting great conditioners on it and being extra nice to it. As my French BIL says, my hairs, not hair!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved