The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#18424 - 11/23/05 07:29 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
resamazz Offline

Loc: brooklyn
chatty lady, I too have hair loss. I started using rogaine and my hair loss seemed to slow down but I hate using it. I don't even like to take an aspirin for a headache! I bought biotin. My question is, are you ladies also using rogaine or just biotin? And how long does biotin take to show results?

#18425 - 11/23/05 08:16 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Biotin? Ladies, do tell more. I lost all of my hair during chemo. It grew back okay. Some said it would grow back thick and curly. NOT. It grew back fine, thin, and straight as ever. What is biotin and where do you get it and what is it for and is it a vitamin, mineral, or animial product?

#18426 - 11/24/05 08:18 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I started losing my hair last year. Went to a Dermatologist. Was put on high does of Iron. Told a friend about the hair loss, and she said she had the same problem. She took vitamin E and Biotin. Gues what ladies? It works!!!!!!!
Just in the last couple of months my hair has turned curly. Shirley Temple curly!!! We belive it's from the high does of Iron. Now I have to get used to curly hair. I will get used to it, but I'll get used to having my hair stay in from now own. Try the vitamine E and Biotin. I can't hurt. You can get them at a health food store, or I get mine at Freddy's. Good luck!
Lynne

#18427 - 11/24/05 07:43 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Lynne, was you hair straight and it suddenly went curly from the iron? And are you also taking E and Biotin?

#18428 - 11/24/05 10:14 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Lynnie...
I had and still have very thick hair. Lots of body and some wave and a little curl. I modeled in Hair Style shows when I was a teenager in San Francisco because all the stylist "loved" my hair.
Then after blood loss, due to many medical problems, and transfusions, I started to lose my hair.
Was referred to a Dermatologist who did lab work, which came back with my iron down to 9. To be normal it should be 79. Started me on high doses of Iron.
Didn't start taking the Biotin and Vitamin E until a few months ago. Been on the Iron for over a year.
I've been told it's the Iron.
I've been told by my older daughter, who has tons of hair, very long, and hangs in ringlets, that her hair didn't really get as curly as it is now until she got older. She's a whoping 40!
My mother has very curly hair and a lot of wave.
Who knows?
All I know.......is it's really tough to try and make this hair behave!
I do know the Biotin and the Vitamin E helped with the hair loss.
Lynne(Lynnie is my nickname!)

#18429 - 11/24/05 06:46 PM Re: Hair Care, etc.
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Biotin takes about five weeks before you notice a difference. Your nails will get strong too.

#18430 - 11/25/05 01:44 PM Re: Hair Care, etc.
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I've taken biotin for at least a year, and unfortunately have seen no change. My hair has always been thin, straight and baby-fine, so the fact that it's somewhat thinner with age didn't come as much of a surprise. Maybe the biotin only works for hair loss that's NOT hereditary??

Lynnie, biotin can be found in the supplement area of any health food or vitamin store. It's a B vitamin that occurs in nuts, egg yolks, beans and cereal.

#18431 - 11/25/05 03:46 PM Re: Hair Care, etc.
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I too have been taking biotin for quite a while.....I have seen some change in my fingernails being a bit stronger BUT no change in the fine, thin hair. Oh well. Something is better than nothing - eh??? LOL

#18432 - 02/03/06 05:36 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am trying to let my hair grow and it is in the not too short yet messy looking stage. I haven't colored it in months and it has gotten brown again except for assorted gray hairs in some strange places. It seems to be changing monthly via color and consistency. What a pain this is. I want to let it get long to the shoulder and then go blonde. Lets see why am I stressed, messy weird hair, fat body full of lumps and bumps, dieting constantly, (yuk) not enough money coming in, can't seem to get rid of the ex totally, yada, yada, yada...thats why!

#18433 - 02/03/06 06:37 AM Re: Hair Care, etc.
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I let my hair grow out to its natural color about 5 years ago, when nothing would completely cover the gray. Now people ask me what I do to get my hair the silver gray it is. I've always had curly hair that does what it feels like doing. It can be a pain at times, which is why I wear it short.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved