The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#181595 - 05/06/09 02:15 PM 10 Easy Low-Cal Desserts
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, here are desserts you might want to consider when having that snack attack, or wanting something yummy. I found quite a few of them appealing. I nabbed this off of the Biggest Loser site so I want to give them credit where credit is due.

10 Easy Low-Cal Desserts
Join the Biggest Loser Club now, CLICK HERE!

1. Ricotta Fruit Cup. Fill a wineglass or parfait glass half-full with blueberries or fresh sliced strawberries. Top with 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese, then drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.

2. Roasted Fruits with Honey. Halve fruits such as peaches or nectarines and remove the pits. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle each half with 1 teaspoon honey. Roast in a 350°F oven until tender and juicy, about 15 minutes.

3. Banana-Peanut Butter Sandwich. Peel a banana and cut it in half lengthwise. Spread 1 tablespoon creamy reduced-fat peanut butter onto the cut side of one half, then top with the other half to create a banana sandwich. Cut into bite-size pieces, if desired.

4. Low-Cal "Ice Cream" Sandwich. Create a homemade frozen treat by sandwiching 2 tablespoons sugar-free whipped topping between 2 fat-free chocolate graham crackers. Cover with plastic wrap and pop into the freezer for 1 hour.

5. Baked Maple Apple. Core and halve an unpeeled apple and place it in a small microwavable bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and heat on high power in a microwave for 2 minutes. Drizzle each half with 1 tablespoon sugar-free maple syrup, then sprinkle with cinnamon or allspice.

6. Low-Cal Peanut Butter Cup. Stir 1 teaspoon creamy reduced-fat peanut butter into a sugar-free, fat-free chocolate pudding cup. It tastes just like a peanut butter cup!

7. Banana Milkshake. Peel an extra-ripe banana, cut it into chunks, and freeze in a ziptop bag. In a blender, process the frozen chunks with 1 cup fat-free milk or fat-free yogurt.

8. Healthy Latte. For a healthier alternative to the drinks sold at many coffee chains, pour 1 cup of cooled coffee over ice, add a small scoop of fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, and top with a sprinkling of nutmeg or cocoa powder.

9. Angel Food Trifle. In a parfait glass, layer 2 small chunks of angel food cake (equal to one slice) with sliced berries of your choice and 1/2 cup fat-free frozen yogurt.

10. Not-So-Decadent Chocolate-Covered Strawberries. Dip 5 or 6 large fresh strawberries into 2 tablespoons fat-free chocolate sauce for a guilt-free version of chocolate-covered strawberries.
Adapted from The Biggest Loser Success Secrets by The Biggest Loser Experts and Cast, with Maggie Greenwood-Robinson, PhD.

#181689 - 05/07/09 03:42 PM Re: 10 Easy Low-Cal Desserts [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I can't believe nobody jumped all over #6! Am I the only one eating nowadays?

#181734 - 05/07/09 09:45 PM Re: 10 Easy Low-Cal Desserts [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have from time to time made most of these JJ and they are sooooo good! When freezing bananas I also freeze large sweet strawberries to mix in with the bananas, it makes a delish shake. I especially like number six, I freeze these as well sometimes, and no you're not the only one eating. I have the fluffiness to prove my point to.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#186398 - 07/13/09 03:45 PM Re: 10 Easy Low-Cal Desserts [Re: chatty lady]
chocoholic Offline

These are going on my grocery list - thanks!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved