The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#182902 - 05/24/09 06:30 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hmmm...more reason to get the butt out the door...which I have this past long week-end..but now work looms ahead again frown and then I get tired by the time I get home frown

#184285 - 06/14/09 04:06 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Lola]
nancy j Offline

I have been walking about an hour a day. I have three dogs and it is too hard to walk all three at once, so I walk the two smaller ones together for about 20 to 30 minutes. Then, I walk the American Bulldog for about 35. I used to ride my bike about 5 miles every morning, but the dogs need the walk.

#184286 - 06/14/09 04:09 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: nancy j]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
How neat that you consider your dogs, nancy. Kudos to you!

We do, too. We take all five out in the desert to run. They must go 10x's the distance we go while they weave in/out, chasing rabbits or each other.

#184657 - 06/19/09 08:40 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Spring = watching the trees bud and leaves grow; planting plants and arrival of hummingbirds
Summer = swimming in pool
Fall = Sept. vacation; Oct. birthdays
Winter = Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years; March vacation

Walk all year 'round; nothing new there. Those are the things
I think about each season! Honest injun, jj! And jawjaw, if you
ever seriously consider selling Dolly, I'd like first dibs! Love
her face! See's a cutie!

Edited by jabber (06/20/09 01:15 PM)

#186564 - 07/16/09 04:11 AM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: jabber]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I walked a mile yesterday and walking the track at my old school here . I am on a diet and need to get my blood presure down with a weigh gain of 35 pds and not as winded as I first started out . Walking clears the head of any cobwebs and helps the blood flow to the brain . Jabber love what you have written . Walking realives stress too .

For the winter either the gym or basic ballet bare work for me . Adult classes once a week . Got to get the pounds off and get rid of my jelly roll it is getting smaller . LOL

Sadie

#186625 - 07/17/09 02:44 AM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Sadie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am doing what I call "house walking" because it is 112* out there right now and I don't need heat stroke. Plus the blacktop is too hot for my dogs feet. Many people don't realize how hot that blacktop gets and dogs pads WILL BURN!!! So my walking consists of all around the house and up and down the long hallway. Its not scenic but at least its walking plus I do my up and down chair exercise, and walking in place during TV commercials.
Every little bit helps. I have even parked my bike for awhile, that blazing hot desert sun will blister your skin in 15 minutes if you aren't careful.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#187096 - 07/24/09 02:21 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
That's a great idea, house walking. My friend walked around her basement several times a day, before the world put her in a care facility. She lived in the country and that seemed like a good way to exercise. I've been listening to weathermen report how hot it is where you live. Geese, you can bake cookies inside your car and fry eggs outside. You folks don't need a stove oven!

#187105 - 07/24/09 04:21 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: chatty lady]
Madelaine Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
I decided to ramp up my exercise program to include walking home from work once a week. That's 4 miles up hill.
The first 3 walks I did my feet were very sore, last week they swelled up too (it was close to 90 degrees) One toe in particular even blistered. Well, Wednesday i walked again and to my delight, my feet felt better. I also try and walk a mile a day at lunch time but i discovered there is a big difference between a mile and 4 miles.

#187189 - 07/26/09 01:46 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Anne327,
It sounds pleasant with the gentle breeze blowing in over the water. And 2 miles each way isn't so tiringly impossible.

Madelaine,
4 miles up hill, sounds a bit exhausting! Don't overdo it there, girl!

#187238 - 07/27/09 06:16 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Madelaine, is that four miles each day? Wow. My feelt don't sweel, but my hands do, especially when walking in the heat. I run them under cold water when I get home and it feels so good.

Anne and chatty, I just walked to the post office and it's hot and humid here too. Yuck!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved