The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#180801 - 04/24/09 05:30 PM read th8is one! Mathew 5:3
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
been a hard day and nearing end of afternoon i meet a wee women who always talkes to me in cheach out so i go to hers a lot just for the hi how you doing and light chitter we do.

I meet her few times in street and always she stopped to talk, turned out she lived in scotland and loved it their and been heer few yrs and not quite seattled. I though she be familure with sound of my scottish accent and since she missed scotland she warmed to me.

thats the background.

she finished work and came out of door as i was 10 feet from shop front, she said hi and asked how i was i said"oh as well as expected" which is my way of not lieing but answereing that question when days are tough.

she asked L what he profered butterflies or ladie bugs!

he said lady buggs, she said she was surprised but brough out of her bag an envelop! I said thanks asked why she said becouse your nice custemer to me.

She from east europe and NI quite racist reallie and hostile to imigrant influx of people so i know it aint easy for her heer.

one of nisest things that happend all week so i got home opend envilope to find a hand made CARD with ladie bugs on cover. message was thanks for being such a kind custemer to me!

so whats that to do with mathew lol. oh yes, the point of the post!

opps finsish this in a few moments

#180808 - 04/24/09 06:10 PM Re: read th8is one! Mathew 5:3 [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What a sweet woman. But I'm sure you've been good to her too. Looks like L had a new friend!

Now what abaout Matthew?

#180811 - 04/24/09 06:15 PM Re: read th8is one! Mathew 5:3 [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Please carry on, Celt. I'm waiting for the rest of your post as well.

#180857 - 04/25/09 01:09 PM Re: read th8is one! Mathew 5:3 [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

sorry about that ladies, dying throws of my old moniter...i have borrowed L, yep not good....

anyway i thought mathow 5:3 so its all the blessed be those,...
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
(who am i kidding you know ths more than I)some blessed are i love some not so much.

ovrall its a message of hope and upliftment and a positive outcome spiritualie for those that are hurt, hurting, persiquited so on...long term message of reward and more importantlie hope...i just finished looking it up when comp started moniter started dying and i was writting heer. But what the best thing for me to have just finished reading...after thinking of this girles phamflet quotasion.

This week every night i only got 3 hours sleep, L reajusting to po being gone and him starting school after easter holiday. sleepless very tired meeting a hard day dose't work well.

i had a real hard day and my 6 mouthlie pedriatic consultant appontment about L.Troublsome news and possibility of him potensialie being medicated in day time...(obviouslie not what i want nor wanted to hear) Short term we going to find some clinical psychologist to work with around certine behaviours, short term pain and work for long term reward...sound familure lol.

Just hours outa that appontment that was my situasion, and i was hurting but at lest hopefull a solution be found for stuff, non medicated wise.

the kidness from her i appriated, Inside the card was the bible study phamphlet, the quote or phras i was drawing to was based around mathew and went something like "Happy are those counsiouse of thir spirtual need" Thats the one that was ringing bells for me

I am consiouse of that spiritual need but i forgett get overwhelmed with life duties work and all. If and when i forgett my spiritual need ... i become reliant on ME and thats when the pain starts. Do you find it that way too?

reliance on god for to make a situasion better OR alter my mindset so i can cope with the situasion or put it into perspective, needs humility, also for me needs god centered consiousness, and thats what i had lost yesterday or over the whole week...so the doc news just felt like icing on cake...and what timming that on that day things co-ordinated themselfs that we meet, the events would happen and i end up reading the very thing i needed for that day.....a message from god about life and just some kidness back from another humane person.

that card, though gesture gave me both.

she risk her job giving me that as its the stuff ya get fired for within NI, nurses giving prayer cards gt taken to disiplinary triabunials....i don't know if she knows that but she must have some awareness, therfore some trust in me, that i neither react badlie to her personalie or do anything to persecute her for her christ cetered position on faith. Its a strange world when we can be hurted still when talking or passing on a message of god.

thats all i was trying to say when my moniter started paking in. Inicallie i was feeling a bit what! and why now! but why not now? how i felt was best time for monitore to brake on me becouse i was already looking past today and all thats physical to something etherik and a bit more comphorting.

monitore broke so L and i done some good relashionship building work, since i did't have him in bed sharp at bedtime. He's in bed sharp for his routine but also over last week for me to do work via computere, i needed him in bed.

we all won last night.

sory for such a long post but bad at editting and i just wanted to pass on that message...the situasion...my belife that stuff dose happen for reasons or right times....and plz rember just today if you have happend to have forgotten that spiritual need and reliance bring rich rewards. smile

cheers.

#180900 - 04/26/09 08:07 AM Re: read th8is one! Mathew 5:3 [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Quote:
.the kidness from her i appriated, Inside the card was the bible study phamphlet, the quote or phras i was drawing to was based around mathew and went something like "Happy are those counsiouse of thir spirtual need" Thats the one that was ringing bells for me

I am consiouse of that spiritual need but i forgett get overwhelmed with life duties work and all. If and when i forgett my spiritual need ... i become reliant on ME and thats when the pain starts. Do you find it that way too?

reliance on god for to make a situasion better OR alter my mindset so i can cope with the situasion or put it into perspective, needs humility, also for me needs god centered consiousness, and thats what i had lost yesterday or over the whole week...so the doc news just felt like icing on cake...and what timming that on that day things co-ordinated themselfs that we meet, the events would happen and i end up reading the very thing i needed for that day.....a message from god about life and just some kidness back from another humane person.

that card, though gesture gave me both.

Doing the best we can with what we have and leaving the rest to God is a process of trial and error, Celt. And, we all go through that because we try to discern the practical conclusion as to whether we have done our "best". The cue is when we continue to feel pain, conflict, fear and doubt or to face hard questions. It is at that precise point when we leave everything to God to get from one stage to another. The bliss of "Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need" is that of a God-controlled life because self-control is beyond human capacity. The Gospel of Matthew is a teaching gospel, particularly the Beatitudes where it teaches "blessed is the man who has the humility to know his own weakness". You are blessed, Celt.

#180904 - 04/26/09 10:32 AM Re: read th8is one! Mathew 5:3 [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
celtic, this is a tremendously lovely post. I totally believe this woman was put in your life at the exact moement becasue you needed her and the reminder that God cares for you.

You are so human and honest with what you revealed abut your faith. It's beautiful.

Please know that eveyone becomes reliant on themselves, and all of us need the gentle reminders from little angels that God gently moves to touch us when needed. By His grace, your eyes were open to your spiritual world so you recognized His grace for what it is - grace!

As far as L being medicated, Get some oopinions, and remember it may not be the worse thing. It may give him a little more peace and calm which can give him and you a better quality of life.

WHile in the second grade, we had to place my daughter on medication for ADHD, something I never thought I would do. But guess what? After much research, we decided to try it knowing we could always take fer off if it didn't work. THink of it as trial and error; not a forever thing if need not be. The medicine was precisely what my daughter needed to help her learn. Her quality of life improved tremendously. Many times medicine is the answer for children who struggle.

Love to you celtic. You're a beautful woman, mother, and friend!

#180925 - 04/26/09 03:29 PM Re: read th8is one! Mathew 5:3 [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Celtic...

Don´t worry..the medicine might just be thing that does the trick..that helps. It does actually..in some cases. Give it a try..and then ditch it..if it isn´t helping..as Dotsie says.

Those meetings where a person SEES and takes the TIME to say something..they are so special..and not easily forgotten..

hmm..

#181257 - 05/01/09 01:44 PM Re: read th8is one! Mathew 5:3 [Re: humlan]
celtic_flame Offline

God-controlled life because self-control is beyond human capacity. good its for you all then.

The Gospel of Matthew is a teaching gospel, particularly the Beatitudes where it teaches "blessed is the man who has the humility to know his own weakness".

Beatitudes...thats the word then i could't recall....all the blessed be's...i like most of them becouse it covers most types of humane condisons that would aile or hurt us.

#181259 - 05/01/09 01:51 PM Re: read th8is one! Mathew 5:3 [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

thanks dots and yea its getting used to stuff we have no control over and ending up recociling ourselfs to the facts, not headbutting the fact to makle them fit our world view.

as for being humaine yea somedays i get a little less garded, normalie when i moved a bit or my defenses or dowen and then its about expresing it, as is.

i have a big edit in my head.

I didn't know your child was medicated i glade it did help her and after we try some refomulating of some home boundries (pen paper action plan at ready) and try ths behaviourists we see if he will still be considered for meds.

Dotsie i ask my doc what about and he refares my question back to his peadtrision and she ask/say about it. my doc a bit whimpie sometimes.

if when it comes to meds i see what options i can have for second oppinions.

poppie certinly thinks hes over the threashold and needs it. hmmm knew i should't let her in my house that last visite lol. (jking)

#181260 - 05/01/09 01:52 PM Re: read th8is one! Mathew 5:3 [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Those meetings where a person SEES and takes the TIME to say something..they are so special..and not easily forgotten..
yea humline to be tresured when they do come aloing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved