The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#17722 - 06/18/04 06:34 PM vitamins?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What vitamins are you women taking these days? I'm curious to see if I'm missing anything.

I take Vitamin E and Evening Primrose Oil for my fibrous cystic breasts.

I also take Calcium because I'm lactose intolerant and rarely drink milk. THis is a huge sacrifice because I absolutely love milk with my cookie! Notice I said cookie? I'm doing the BWS diet and I allow myself one treat a day. This is changing soon because I'm stuck with my weight loss and in order to drop a couple more pounds I have to drop the cookie. [Frown]

#17723 - 06/18/04 11:41 PM Re: vitamins?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi Dotsie,

I take a woman's multivitamin, B12, Niacin, Ester-C, Vitamin E and a baby aspirin, 81mg.

I don't take them all at one time--I space them out--some after Breakfast, some after Lunch and a few after dinner.

Works for me...

#17724 - 06/19/04 06:14 AM Re: vitamins?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dotsie, this is a big subject for me. As you might know I study and write about vitamins, minerals, natural cures etc. and have an extensive library on these subjects. Are you ready for what I take? Better be sitting down. I just ordered my supply for 3 month from Puritan's Pride. Each bottle has 100 and I take one a day of each.

Q-Gel, Magnesium, B150, Milk Thistle, Hawthorn, L-Carnitine, CLA, Coral Calcium, Bilberry, C1000, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamins A&D, Lechtin, Reservatrol, Biotin, Cranberry.

To support my Diabetes, once a day I take:
Gynema Sylvestre, Vanadyl Sulfate, Chromium Picolate.

I let myself run out in error and after a week I felt weak, tired and sore all over, once I begin taking them again....ALL'S WELL. It took me years to finally know exactly what works for me. My OB/GYN is certain thew reason I breezed through Menopause was due to the healthy supplements I take.... [Wink]

#17725 - 06/19/04 06:41 AM Re: vitamins?
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
I take plenty of caffeine daily (in the form of copious amounts of strong coffee laced with half 'n half). I also take vitamin "w" (wine).

Though I'll also admit to an occasional teaspoon of liquic C and a gulp now and then of liquid iron-and-B complex.

#17726 - 06/20/04 02:56 AM Re: vitamins?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
1000 mg Vit E
Eve Primrose Oil
Potassium
Magnesium
multiple mineral
drink about 2 quarts of 2% milk a day

the above vitamins are the ones I take when I remember . a few years ago I did some research, using Earl Mindell, and determined what I should take and how much. I need to do my homework again because I've forgotten and my needs have changed.

#17727 - 06/20/04 09:15 PM Re: vitamins?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, I see some vitamins in there I don't recognize. Mind explaining what you take them for? Let's see, I know A,B,C, and D. Oh well, at least I know my abc's. [Razz]

#17728 - 06/21/04 01:14 AM Re: vitamins?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sure but which ones do you want to know about?
Oh, I also take Evening Primrose but forgot to mention it, also forgot to order some, thanks for reminding me. [Smile]

#17729 - 06/22/04 10:39 AM Re: vitamins?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Daily:
natural multi-vitamin and mineral
1500 mgs. calcium
800 mgs. Motrin for arthritis

echinacea only if I feel a cold coming on

plus I eat a very healthy nutritious diet

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved