The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#175076 - 02/18/09 05:46 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What is the truth and what is honesty these days? I mean, I know what it is, but there's always some swanky lawyer that can get these sports figures off the hook. When I spoke to my 23 year old son about Michael Phelps, he reminded me that Ray Lewis, a star of our football team, murdered someone and is still playing football and making millions. Now, did he really do that? My son seems to think it was possible, but his lawyer proved otherwise. It's all so sad. What we learn from this is that no one deserves to be on a pedastal.

jabber, my son has a friend who gets paid handsomely for touching up a major singer/actress photos. It's only a part time job for him, but it pays as much as some people's full time jobs. He knows precisely how to make her look for print so he gets all her photos and is paid for each one he touches up. What is reality these days when it comes to photography? It's whatever you want it to be.

#175077 - 02/18/09 05:47 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh, and Michael Phelps goofed big time. I agree. I'm anxious to hear what Mom has to say about it. Probably the same thing we would say about our kid if we were her. Good kid, dumb decision that he'll have to pay the consequences.

#175089 - 02/18/09 08:03 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: Dotsie]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yonuh, I agree with you. I am not a pot user but it should be legal for so, so many reasons. An addict will find thier addiction and it can be anything, really.

The problems with pot are problems with alcohol or prescription drug abuse, (which is out of control at this time.) Pot does not make an addict.

As you know, Yonuh, there is SO much money made in pot each year that the government likes the revenue from it being illegal. It has been proven in places that pot being legal has cause fewer problems than it being illegal.

Thanks for the input.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#175101 - 02/18/09 10:32 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This country needs to get a grip! Whether pot is legalizecd or not and taxes taken, drugs, like cockaroaches, are here to stay. The best thing is to legalize pot and charge high taxes like they now charge on cigarettes. If they think by not legazlizing drugs they will disappear, think again! Being illegal makes it more fun for some eggheads and we the tax payers are paying their share too.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#175138 - 02/19/09 03:04 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dotsie,
I have no idea what is the truth and what isn't the truth!
God only knows!

#175162 - 02/19/09 05:44 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: jabber]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
oops

Edited by DJ (02/19/09 05:44 PM)

#175246 - 02/20/09 02:58 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Evildoers do all kinds of things to destroy innocent lives.
And for the most part, many get away with it. It's scary.
It's sad!

#175281 - 02/20/09 08:57 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: ]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I know several guys (all men) who smoked pot in their youth, and some still do. Some are my age, one is my older son's age (30s. It ruined their lives. The belief was that it's not addictive. Maybe not addictive physically, but psychologically it is. It definitely seems to be connected with destroying one's motivation. Granted you can also destroy your life with alcohol. Personally, I think we need to create a culture where people don't want or need to alter their consciousness. We need to create beauty. I am alcohol and drug free. I remember once someone said to me, "You mean, your consciousness is the same from when you wake up until when you go to bed at night." Interestingly, that guy quit imbibing alcohol a few years after that.

People who need medical marijuana can get it, just like we can get morphine if we need it for medical purposes. That discussion clouds the issue.

Re: our legal system -- It has some strengths to it, but one big weakness is that it's all about the letter of the law. And if the law isn't written exactly so, then you can find a loophole -- it has nothing to do with truth. The French system is about the act in context and the results of it, not whether the act was performed exactly as proscribed by law. It seems more about truth than the British (our) system.

Edited by DJ (02/20/09 08:57 PM)

#175342 - 02/21/09 02:54 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: DJ]
jabber Offline

Somebody tell me how guys like Madoff and similar jerks dupe the system for years and years, and are let run amuck. The US economy is shot; politicians are focusing on "love for sale" instead of minding the store; babies are born for fame and money; brutality and cruelty top the news. It isn't any wonder people can't face reality without being drugged out their skulls. And an innocent person reports a crime and they investigate them, instead of the evildoers doing the crime.
Liberty and justice for all? If citizens could just get their
civil rights back, it'd be nice!

#175365 - 02/21/09 08:37 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I have to agree 100% but unfortunately with whats going on now in our nation capital its going to get far worse before it gets any better, it in fact it can ever recover from the corruption. This corruption is from the top down too and being ignored by main stream media, and yet some poor kid smokes a bong and the media want to crucify him. That just stinks!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved