The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#17366 - 10/19/02 03:42 AM Our Bodies from Our Babies
boomersis Offline

Loc: Maryland
My body has been different ever since giving birth to my babies. I would like to blame my extra weight on childbirth, but I think the statute of limitations has run out since my youngest is 14 years old. My biggest problem as far as my body is concerned is that I do not make time for exercising. It would be great if watching my kids run around would take weight off of me. Lord knows I have seen them sweat and get plenty of exercise. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day. I need some tips on finding time to exercise. Any ideas for quick exercise?

#17367 - 10/25/02 05:17 PM Re: Our Bodies from Our Babies
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Wouldn't it be great if there were portable stationary bikes that we could carry to our kid's games? We could all sit and pedal while watching and chatting with our friends. I've always thought that would be awesome! I think the best thing to do is get up earlier and hop right to it. One thing that works for me is exercising with a friend. There are many times when I don't want to walk, but knowing I am doing it with a friend gets me out there. Exercise needs to be scheduled in like everything else in our lives...at least for now! Good luck finding the time!!!

#17368 - 10/30/02 03:15 PM Re: Our Bodies from Our Babies
Dotsie Offline
Founder

How come it seems that we exercise less when we need it the most? One idea is to take your tennis shoes with you and walk while the kids are practicing. You can walk around the field or the track or the school. It's amazing how far you can walk during a soccer practice or swim practice or dance lesson. Of course, it's usually more fun to just sit and talk with the other parents...we do need that adult time. However, tell the other moms to bring their tennis shoes and you can talk and walk. It's all about using what little time we have wisely!!!

#17369 - 11/02/02 03:04 PM Re: Our Bodies from Our Babies
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
Having just recently lost an enormous amount of weight (about 150 pounds so far after a gastric bypass Roux-N-Y procedure April 20), I am required to get in lots of exercise to try and tighten the hanging skin that is left. I do it by walking anywhere I can. If my father, who lives about 6 miles away from me, is coming to my house for anything, I start off and walk towards his house until he gets to me. I go to the Costco or the mall and walk. I park as far out in the lot as I can at stores and hike in and out. I take my dogs for walks (I have 5!!), whatever. I also just recently joined Dynamic Women, but I went to work (supposed to be a driver for the First Student company 5 hours a day, and so far, after two weeks driving, I am now working from 6 AM to 6 PM or later daily) and don't have the time to devote to that. I also finds myriads of reasons to go up and down the stairs (which I couldn't do on a bet just 6 short months ago). Hope this helps......and just DO IT!!!!!!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved