The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#169070 - 12/27/08 03:54 AM Gemstone Healing
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I heard this woman on a radio talk show I listen to talk about Gemstone Healing. I was fascinated with what she talked about, so I went to her web-site Shelley Kaehr I went ahead and ordered some stones and a couple of her books.

She has written many books on different subjects. She is a hypnotherapist. Her dad worked in the turquoise mines and that was the beginning of her influence. She met a Native American Shaman who tought her how to use these stones for healing.

Anyway, I am curious to find out if anyone else has looked into this and what you think.

Cheers,
Cathi

#169072 - 12/27/08 05:07 AM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Wisdom&Life]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
i have done some self-study and experimentation for years. i love gemstones and crystals and absolutely know they have properties that effect all forms of life.

which stones are you drawn to at the moment?
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#169078 - 12/27/08 12:55 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: seek]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is something I know nothing about. But if there's a stone I could sit on the knot on my back and have it feel better, I'm game.

#169098 - 12/27/08 04:26 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Dotsie]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Seek, right now I want to get rid of negative energy. I am drawn to the Hematite.

This is something I see in hindsight now, but a few years back I had a bracelet with this stone, and it seemed like everything was falling into place. Then the bracelet broke and I couldn't find a replacement for it. Anyway, since then, things have not fallen into place. BTW, I wanted to replace the bracelet because it was my favorite bracelet, I was not aware of any healing properties at that time.

Dotsie, this woman explains the reason why they have healing properties and the vibrational frequencies of the stones. I am currently reading her book, Gemstone Journeys and it is so easy to follow and it is hard to put down as well. I am happy to look into this for you Dotsie. This is what I like to do... research! I'll definitely post when I find anything.

Cheers,
Cathi

#169101 - 12/27/08 05:09 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Dotsie

Which stone is appropriate depends on where on your back the knot is...that may determine what you're "holding" there.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#169134 - 12/28/08 12:24 AM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Mama Red]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I believe we are drawn to what we need. Whenever people have a hard time choosing this-this-that-or-that? on my display, I tell them to pick the piece they were drawn to first.

I keep a paperback copy of a gem properties book at my craft booth in case someone wants to look up a particular stone. I also have 3 books at home that I reference. I work on an intuitive visual level but will research when requested. Most of this is available online as well.

I've been making jewelry almost forever but started concentrating on gems ~15 years ago because they were pretty! Before I even knew about gem properties, people would occasionally come to my booth and say they could feel my energy in the stones.

Probably the most interesting story happened several years ago. I saw a woman walking swiftly to my booth from a block away She went directly to a certain necklace and said, "I'll take that one." She told me she could feel its energy from 2 blocks down.

There are certain combinations I won't do because they resonate wrong. If someone asks for them, I try to steer them in another direction.

Poet and essayist

#169144 - 12/28/08 02:02 AM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: meredithbead]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thank you so much for sharing this Meredith. I had wondered and I thought of you when I first started looking into this. I had a feeling you had a story to tell.

I remember being drawn to this subject when I first saw this subject in the scheduled interviews for Coast to Coast. I have had a hectic year and I just wanted to be surrounded by positive energy for a change. I believe this was Divine intervention because I was in so much dispair. I've since then ordered some of Dr. Kaehr's stones and books. I've been utilizing the stones the best way I know so far. I have much more to learn.

I was so pleased to see the hematite jewelry at your site Meredith. If you were in front of me, I would've kissed you, I was so excited. I have not been able to find this particular bracelet. I will add, your design is even more beautiful than the one I had anyway. Now I am wondering if it was meant for me to find the bracelet from you and I needed to go through all this. I feel I have learned so much this past year. It's hard to explain in words.

Wow, someone sensing the energy 2 blocks away!

Cheers,
Cathi

#169148 - 12/28/08 03:12 AM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cathi, I'd never heard of this before now.

Interesting premise, Meredith, that people are drawn to what they need...I'm constantly experiencing that with books, music and information, finding exactly what I need exactly when I need it. But I've never thought about the spiritual connection to gemstones. Just out of curiosity, I looked up turquoise; it was amazingly accurate.

That would be so fascinating, watching people choose gemstones, knowing about the phenomena of energy calling people like that.

(Maya Angelou)

#169153 - 12/28/08 04:21 AM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Meredith..no wonder your jewelry is so popular and so well liked...I will get a piece when I get some of my debt paid off...darned start up expenses anyway (grin).

I know what you mean about being attracted to what you need. While in Sedona on my honeymoon, I was drawn to a gem shop and simply adored the proprietor. She walked up to a case and said "I think this is for you". When I reached for it, I got a bolt of energy and knew it to be mine immediately!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#169162 - 12/28/08 12:14 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Mama Red]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mama, I have some beautiful earrings and bracelets that are pink ribbon. Do you still do those Meredith?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved