The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#168929 - 12/26/08 03:39 AM Adenopathy
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Last month I had a flu shot. I haven't had a flu shot since I was 18. The only reason I did was because I didn't want to get the flu and spread it to my dad who is suffering from lung cancer.

Anyway, that night my shoulders were sore and two days later it was still sore and my under arm was puffy. I called the nurse and asked about this and she recommended I see my doctor. She had never heard of this happening before. I went to the doctor and she ordered a mamogram and told me to monitor the lump. After a week, the swelling went down and I felt relieved. But then I receive a notice advising me to follow up and the reason stated was: Adenopathy. I had never heard of this before and I looked it up. I was surprised at the little information one could find about this.

Is anyone familiar with this? BTW, my mamogram came back fine.

Cheers,
Cathi

#168949 - 12/26/08 08:32 AM Re: Adenopathy [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Were both shoulders sore or the one where you took the shot? I've never heard of it before.
Prayers for your Dad Cathi. How is he doing?

#168961 - 12/26/08 03:00 PM Re: Adenopathy [Re: chickadee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I have never heard of it before. My Medical Dictionary says its
swelling of the glands, lymph nodes. I have known people who
had trouble and/or ran into physical problems after having
a flu shot. One person I know, lost use of the limb in which
the shot was given. But I don't know why that happened. I understand your reasoning for getting the flu shot, to protect
your dad. And I'm sorry you ran into difficulty. Prayers for your daddy!

#169006 - 12/26/08 08:15 PM Re: Adenopathy [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Cathy, go to:

www.webMD.com

and type in adenopathy and seventeen pieces of in formation comes up...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#169013 - 12/26/08 09:02 PM Re: Adenopathy [Re: chatty lady]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
re: the flu shot. i heard on "the view" last week that people who are allergic to eggs should not have the flu shot.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#169028 - 12/26/08 11:46 PM Re: Adenopathy [Re: seek]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
my husband had a flu shot some years ago and it made him sick as a dog. He later learned he's allergic to eggs and figured that was why.

#169040 - 12/27/08 12:32 AM Re: Adenopathy [Re: DJ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is such an interesting topic. DJ, Ross had a flu shot many years ago and he's never been that sick in his life. I could hardly get him to the doctor because he couldn't be in the car long enough without getting sick. He got sick in the bathroom while he was there. It was awful. Neither of us have ever gotten one since.

We've been advised to get them in recent years because the actual flu virus is no longer in the vaccine, but we're not taking any chances.

#169066 - 12/27/08 03:02 AM Re: Adenopathy [Re: Dotsie]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thanks for the responses. Wow Chatty, I looked in webMD before and didn't get all this information.

Seek, I am not allergic to eggs and I read everything carefully before I had the shot.

Chickadee, it was only the shoulder I had the shot.

Even the doctor I saw said she never heard of this side effect before. I asked her if it was possible if the problem has been there and the flu shot triggered the soreness and swelling. She said it was. If that is the case, then the flu shot did me a favor, otherwise I wouldn't have known it was there.

I am trying to get in for a follow up, but it is difficult to see your regular doctor this time of year because of the Holidays and vacations, etc... I am going to have to try to go next week sometime.

Sorry to hear about your Husband Dotsie and what he went through.

You too, DJ.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Cathi

#169082 - 12/27/08 01:39 PM Re: Adenopathy [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Love that: Wisdom and Life. When I read your site name, the
question immediately came to mind, How does she know she has wisdom? But your signature abruptly answered that question!
Love it!

#169104 - 12/27/08 05:15 PM Re: Adenopathy [Re: jabber]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Hey Jabber, I figured as much and I wanted to explain the reason behond my username. Before I came in as Optimumsteps and it served it's purpose at that time. But I wanted a new start and this is what popped up.

Cheers,
Cathi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved