The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166759 - 12/01/08 05:49 AM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: Dotsie]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Chatty

Yup, you're absolutely right and it is one of the reasons I'm soooooooooo thrilled to have found a holistic MD!!!!!!!! The funny thing is that my brother is a traditionally trained MD (orthopedic surgeon) and his wife uses almost all natural stuff, wanted home births, had two water births and there is my precious brother...it is hysterical, especially because he is so big (6'4") and she is so tiny (5'0") and she definitely rules the roost when it comes to this stuff. I'm thrilled because I know it rubs off on him! Now my brother who is a nurse? That's a whole other ball of wax all together. I'm wondering if he would even take a multi-vitamin, let alone a homeopathic or holistic remedy! Makes for interesting conversations!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#202407 - 04/17/10 01:39 AM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: katebcca]
megchat Offline

Kate,

I have experienced these exact symptoms (even the ankle pain)to the point that I was considering medication (which I detest). A friend of mine turned me onto a new pajama on the market called "Goodnighties" that is made with an ionization process in the fabric that takes away muscle pain and night sweats etc. It was the ticket for me. I sleep perfectly again and it has made all the difference in my life. I now am trying to spread the word to those who suffer because only those who haven't slept know how debilitating it can be. I think they are only available online- hope you get some sleep!

#202412 - 04/17/10 03:29 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: megchat]
Lisa Richardson Offline

Hi Megchat....
I couldn't believe you were talking about Goodnighties! we are definately on to something my cousin just sent me a pair and I just love them! they are so soft and comfortable and the best part... I sleep like a new person! no more #$%^&* night sweats and wild dreams.... there's something in that fabric that really works!! I just bought 2 more pairs! sweet dreams to you too!
Lisa

#202620 - 04/23/10 07:08 AM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: Lisa Richardson]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I had major blood work done. I was told to take iron and tested positive for the Lupus antibody. My Doctor sent me to get more blood tests and the were fine. I continue to suffer from body aches and pain (daily) work out 4 to 5 times per week through the pain.

My hands are sore and I drop things, have problems opening things etc.

I do use the computer quite a bit, work from home and sit all day. I take the dog for a walk three times a day but still sit too much.

I am thinking of changing jobs. I have worked from home for 2 years now and am sooooo bored and depressed. Depression can also cause stress pain etc.

I'm stuck wondering what to do. Staying home when the kids were younger was great as I was there for them after school. But, they are almost grown up, don't need me anymore and I am turning into a hermit.

Many things could be causing this body pain but the depression about my stay at home job situation is not helping.
Kate

(I was just reading some other posts and looking at all the paintings. I really need to take a painting class as I love to paint. Need to find a passion real quick)

#202638 - 04/23/10 03:56 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: katebcca]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Do you like to write?

I'm not sure if your daughter is living with you, but since she does have a digital camera (I think) and has an artistic eye. She could take photos here and there if she doesn't have a bunch of pretty photos.

You could learn to blog. With a purpose in mind. (You seem like a goal-oriented person who might like a passion/hobby with a purpose tucked at the back of your head. :)) Blog abit and figure out things for awhile. Use some of your daughter's photos.

Looking back, I am glad I got myself blogging abit. So wishing you cherry blossom greetings from vancouver in http://cyclewriteblog.wordpess.com

#202639 - 04/23/10 04:05 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: orchid]
katebcca Offline

Orchid, I just love the cherry blossoms. They are so beautiful. There are a few streets here that are lined more than others. When they come out I walk down them. It's heaven. Pink snow.

In answer to your question, I love to write, and paint actually. But am blocked. For some reason I just can't seem to get into it. I can easily fall into depression and get all caught up in awful news items. I think it would be better if I got rid of the TV. I don't watch it too much but tend to watch negative stuff.
This kills my creativity and I know it.

My daughter loves to take photos and got the painting bug from me. Now she uses all my canvases and paints. I watch her paint and wish I could just do it. Keep saying I will but don't. Not a very good message to send her :-(

Blogging. I have not thought of that. Great suggestion and I will try it. Sounds like it could release some creative juices.

thanks,
Kate

(and yes, sorry we could not get together when you were over, another time for sure)

#202641 - 04/23/10 04:16 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: katebcca]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Kate,general achiness could have many sources including allergies and depression or arthritis. I know how hard it is to get moving when you just don't feel like it. Have you tried meditation? I find meditating just 5 minutes every morning helps get me in a different frame of mind for the rest of the day. I try to focus on what I want for the day and imagine what it would feel like if I accomplish that. Most days, I'm able to focus and then have a good day. Once in a while, my brain has other ideas and the focus isn't there, but I keep doing it.

Orchid's idea of blogging is a good one. Another way to get the creative juices flowing is free-writing. Just write. Even if you have a whole page of "I don't know what to write" that's okay. It's the act of actually writing that can free the blocks.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#202652 - 04/23/10 06:52 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: yonuh]
katebcca Offline

Thank you. I am getting wonderful ideas here as usual. I have always meant to meditate in the mornings so should just do it.
I do automatic writing but not enough of it. I find this helps with troubles I am dealing with.

So, note for self, buy a journal and some more paints and canvases. (my daughter has used up all mine)
Kate

#202689 - 04/24/10 11:39 PM Re: aching body - is this menopause related? [Re: katebcca]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
It is so easy, Kate, to know what we should be doing, but so hard to actually do it! I find myself falling by the wayside sometimes and have to force myself to do what I know I should be doing. I feel so much better when I do. Why do we do that??
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved