The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#165370 - 11/12/08 03:33 PM Re: Leap of Faith [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
So wrong!
Do you think we are going into a "new" type of business culture. Everything around us is going to pot.

---thought I'd look up 'going to pot,' out of curiosity, to find out where it originated - here's to share:

"Around 1542, when the phrase first appeared, 'to go to pot' was to be cut up like chunks of meat destined for the stew pot. Such a stew was usually the last stop for the remnants of a once substantial cut of meat or poultry, so 'going to pot' made perfect sense as a metaphor for anything, from a national economy to a marriage, that had seen better days. Early uses of the metaphor were usually in the form 'go to the pot.'"

I'm sorry this happened to/for you, meredith. Might it be a sign that this particular location is not meant for you? Then again, it might be a sign from a totally different direction --- Or, the universe knowingly realized you had your own reservations and brought them to attention....
So many possibilities - but, don't let them shake you. We know what you're worth!

#165388 - 11/12/08 06:29 PM Re: Leap of Faith [Re: gims]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Meredith, if I ever come out your way, you'll have to give me the name of the place so I can go in wearing one of your pieces and ask them if they have any more - then be aghast because, well, everyone in Europe LOVED this piece that I'm wearing, so I want to get more before my next trip.

Because it's true. I wore my beautiful Meredith ensemble several times while overseas and each time received so many comments from the other women raving and asking me all about it. So I told them your name; one woman who lives in California was particularly interested, but I didn't have your contact info with me. But I will be sending her the info as soon as I can find her email address again.

They're very short-sighted not to recognize and appreciate the beauty of your work, and the value of such diversity.

(Maya Angelou)

#165421 - 11/13/08 03:04 AM Re: Leap of Faith [Re: Mama Red]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I think I could've accepted the rejection better if they weren't such uncommunicative, inconsiderate snots about the whole thing. I was expected to drop my whole life every time they snapped their fingers, and they couldn't even bother to pick up a phone?

Revenge dreams are good, but I don't even think these people care. They have their own little agenda, their own little playground, and their own little rules.

Edelweiss, hotel windows and gift shops are operated in 1 of 2 ways:
1. they're owned by the hotel itself (or hotel chain) which then buys merchandise to stock in these windows and displays; or
2. they're rented by an outside party, who then buys the merchandise displayed.
Either way, their merchandise tends to be more commercial and/or glitzy than what I do.

I absolutely prefer selling to consignment, which can be a royal pain in the butt, but most galleries are consignment. Retail stores have already spent their holiday $$ and will not be looking to buy more for several months at least.

The next few days I'm busy with customer orders smile but hope to put my holiday jewelry online SOON. For the rest of the season, I'll use the extra time for updating my websites with a bunch of new pics. Or maybe even start a site on Etsy. I certainly don't have a shortage of things to do.

Eagle Heart, I want pictures!! laugh laugh laugh

Poet and essayist

#165505 - 11/14/08 04:13 AM Re: Leap of Faith [Re: meredithbead]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I hope the next direction for your business, Meredith makes you stronger and even more creative savvy ...with abit less stress. smile

#165518 - 11/14/08 02:38 PM Re: Leap of Faith [Re: orchid]
Eagle Heart Offline

Meredith, out of over 2000 pictures, this is the only one of me wearing the jewellery, and it was taken in a boring hotel room. Hubby grabbed the camera later that night at the restaurant , and took many pictures of the other people there, but didn't think to take one of me in my Meredith-masterpiece (this night we were in Madrid; but I wore it several other times and can't believe that we didn't think to take pictures!) So this is all I have, unless someone else sends me some of their photos. I know lots of other people took shots of us at these various outings, so someone out there has better photos of your jewellery! Anyway, this will have to do for now.

(Maya Angelou)

#165577 - 11/14/08 06:50 PM Re: Leap of Faith [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
That's a cute picture of you Eagle Heart. Do you have some Irish blood in you? You look Irish or even German.
Okay...here goes; I'm posting a picture of me showing off Meredith's necklace as well....I also love wearing these turquoise stones to a white summer dress.

#165581 - 11/14/08 06:56 PM Re: Leap of Faith [Re: Edelweiss2]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ya'll are so purdy. Meredith's Jewelry is beautiful. Eagle, was your Mom part Irish? Many Nflders are. My ancestors go back to Tipperary, Ireland. We could be related.

#165584 - 11/14/08 07:01 PM Re: Leap of Faith [Re: Edelweiss2]
Eagle Heart Offline

Edelweiss, my Dad's side of the family are all Mennonites of Dutch/German descent. Many of my relatives can speak German and Dutch. Dad had a German Bible and seemed to be able to read it, but never advertised that he could speak the language, though German would have been spoken exclusively when he was a child.

Chick, Mom's family proudly and stubbornly claim that they're Newfoundlanders and nothing but Newfoundlanders, as if nothing else ever existed before. Her family have records (and gravestones) dating back to 1604. But I did hear Mom refer once or twice to a Welsh connection way way back.

Edited by Eagle Heart (11/14/08 07:02 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#165697 - 11/15/08 10:20 PM Re: Leap of Faith [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Eagle Heart and Edelweiss, you both look great and are the perfect models! Thanks to both of you for posting those pics (and an ongoing thanks to Dancing Dolphin for her current avatar with MB earrings smile )

I spent all day yesterday working on my websites and will continue today. Depending on the fire situation (see the post in Current Events) I may or may not sell at the market tomorrow.

Poet and essayist

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved