The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#164354 - 11/02/08 05:00 PM LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch....
gims Offline

Loc: USA
New to me, but I can think of some uses...
ONEDAYWEAR whistle

#164359 - 11/02/08 06:29 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is amazing. What will they think of next. I had this weird thought. Ross and I were just out running errands. We saw a dirty diaper sitting on the side of the parking lot, right next to where we parked. I thought it was so gross. Anyway, can you imagine finding an adults onedaywear left on a parking lot? Okay, I'll stop.

#164368 - 11/02/08 07:51 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
That's pretty weird. Underwear takes up the LEAST amount of space in my bag, it always tucks into some little hole somewhere. Wonder who's buying it?

#164375 - 11/02/08 11:40 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
gims Offline

ewwwww... that is a gross thought... hadn't thought of that!

DD, good wonder... who would be buying them?

#164404 - 11/03/08 09:24 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: gims]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Not a bad idea. If you need a kleenex, just drop your pants, and rip a piece off the undies.

#164407 - 11/03/08 01:05 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Ok, EW, we'll let your family know what you want for Christmas!

That's so funny, cause it reminds me of my mom. She always has a couple of wadded up kleenexes tucked into the waistband of her lovely polyester pants. Even if they have pockets, she keeps them in the waistband.

#164411 - 11/03/08 01:18 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I could have used a few pairs of these in Morocco - as well as disposable slacks, socks and shoes for a couple of the muckier places we visited (let's just say that this "muck" was rather questionable and definitely had it's own distinctive odor!) Many people in our group threw good clothes and shoes away afterwards. We tossed all of ours - shoes and all, in a bathtub full of hot soapy water as soon as we got back to the hotel. But if we ever go back, disposable would be the safest way to go!

(Maya Angelou)

#164415 - 11/03/08 02:30 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Eagle Heart I've been to Morocco, too! I stayed in Agadir with day trips to Marrakech. Beautiful country, yet there is a degree to which poverty is a norm in this 3rd world country. I enjoyed the beach and riding horses in the morning and shopping - I've a lovely mirror. Learned to eat calamari and was the only one in our group that did not get sick!

#164457 - 11/03/08 06:32 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Yeah..I can see the idea of disposable underwear..dispersed with the usual kind. Hmmm..not bad at all! grin

#164464 - 11/03/08 06:47 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ]
Edelweiss2 Offline

It's time a women built a car according to her needs.
Better lighting to fix the lipstick.
Pop up scary dolls to sit in the passenger seats, when driving alone.
Automatic perfume dispenser
And last but not least... just push that little button, and your seat is transformed to a toilet. aaaah blisss.

#164487 - 11/04/08 12:34 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now thats my idea of fantastic transportation, you go girl!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164562 - 11/04/08 08:47 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Love the very last one. You need to begin working with the auto engineers!

#164747 - 11/05/08 08:10 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I would kill for a car that doubles as a potty on the road. Oh be still my IBS syndrome heart!

#164766 - 11/05/08 11:09 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: chatty lady]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Whenever I get stuck in Atlanta traffic jams I look around hoping to see a camper so that, in case of emergency, I can use their bathroom. Maybe if we stay in this crazy city that is what I should drive!

#164789 - 11/06/08 01:41 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ]
greene Offline

There is a device called a female urinal. I've seen pictures but never could quite figure how it worked.

#164792 - 11/06/08 04:13 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: greene]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Great Idea. It should be "a whiz" for someone to come up with something like this. wink

#164797 - 11/06/08 05:14 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: chickadee]
gims Offline

You know, I use to go without visiting a restroom for a full work day. I was told by a receptionist with one of the corp. I worked for that it would damage my bladder... I think she was right. I have a time with this now... I do drink more water now, but still. Kegel-Smegel, it's one of the things I wish I had back.... the control.

#164839 - 11/06/08 04:03 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: gims]
greene Offline

I have teacher friends who were told by Doctors that the profession causes urinary problem because the get to go so infrequently and on the bell schedule, not their own bodies schedule. Sso there must be something to it.

#164842 - 11/06/08 04:13 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: greene]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Okay, I see everyone searching "female urinal." Does it really exist?

#164844 - 11/06/08 04:26 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

#164989 - 11/08/08 02:51 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Onederwear??? What will they think of next? They're kind of like
those pull ups they use on the elderly. Don't ya think!

#164991 - 11/08/08 02:55 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DD, that's amazing. I've been living in the dark for so long. I never knew they existed.

This topic reminds me of potty training my daughter. She was in big girl panties, but was barely in them when our oldest son's baseball season began. We'd take her to the game and she'd have to go potty. There weren't always bathrooms around the fields, and the schools were locked, so I'd take her to the car, get a diaper, pull down her pants, and let her pee in the diaper, then put her big girl panties on again. Once she started wearing them, she wouldn't go back to diapers. I should have known then that she was going to be an underwear queen.

#164996 - 11/08/08 03:11 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
Mij Offline

#164998 - 11/08/08 03:38 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Mij]
greene Offline

Wow! A toilet and an ice chest, what more could one need.
This could replace the scooters used by folks, the ones you see advertised on tv. The drinks from the ice chest ensure that the potty will be used often.

#165018 - 11/08/08 07:41 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mij, that's hysterical. Where did you find that? I especially love the pink toilet seat.

#165023 - 11/08/08 10:05 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

LOL, I agree Mij, that is hysterical... the only thing I can see missing is a hand wipe dispenser... oh, and a 'slow, potty at work' bright orange triangle... do they come in purple?

#165043 - 11/09/08 02:20 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: gims]
Mij Offline

I use Google image search all the time, Dotsie. I just used the words "car" and "toilet" and voila!

I just thought a funny thing about the men part. Somebody should invent an alarm for toilet seats. When any liquid touches the toilet seat, a loud alarm sounds that can only be turned off by a person with a secret code (i.e, women). The secret code also enables the woman to turn off the alarm for cleaning. But the entire household is alerted that the men in the house are peeing on the toilet seat. If the owner of the code is not home, the men have to endure the sound of the alarm until the secret code disables it.

Just think how quickly men will learn to raise the seat. smile

There has been a woman's urinal around for a long time called the "Lady J" that you can find at the Campmor site. It was invented for female campers/backpackers to be able to stand up rather than squatting. http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___80976

I had one, it worked well. I had as much privacy as men.

Cars, though, very tricky business. I was really hoping somebody had invented what EW proposed - the car seat sliding back to reveal a toilet - there must be a way.

#165060 - 11/09/08 12:16 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Mij]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Great idea that alarm MIJ, but can you just see all of us women running to turn it off everytime a male in the household makes it go off. They are such dunces! Not so good if that happens...

#165070 - 11/09/08 02:52 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

That is GREAT!!! I could use one of those inventions, when I go geocaching out in some forestry, where there isn't even an outhouse. Love the pink!

Mij,
I never heard of that camper, standup-no-squat thing you mentioned. I should ask Santa for one. I bet that would be a hot selling item on the geocachers' site.

Edited by jabber (11/09/08 02:55 PM)

#165072 - 11/09/08 03:03 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: gims]
Edelweiss2 Offline

A friend of ours is a music professor. He just got back from conducting at October Fests in China for 4 weeks! Now you may ask what does this have to do with this subject?

Well, I was shocked when he told us that in China they have toilets lined along the sidewalks…and get this…..without doors! Men and women go to the bathroom, and everyone can see!!!

Little children walk along the streets with slits in their pants, and go on the sidewalks like dogs. No one uses diapers or …OMG… toilet paper.

So--- who need inventions like mine;…just move to China. Lol
Great photo Mij.

#165075 - 11/09/08 03:11 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

EW, I had no idea it was like that in China. Gee, you learn something new everyday.

What did your friend do when he was there, raise his leg on a tree? Sounds horrific.

Edited by Dotsie (11/09/08 03:11 PM)

#165094 - 11/09/08 08:00 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
Mountain Ash Offline

There are western toilets...thank goodness..my daughter has her stories.when using a stable type where all users are visable from the shoulders upward.Toilet paper put in a pail.
My son leaves on friday to visit China Cambodia Vietnam again...he does not share his experiences..but I suspect he will seek out a western facility.
The childrens clothing with open gusset...saw an antique silk all in one...that still bore evidence of what you would expect..
my friends taught there and had many items of general interest.
we have a quilt made in patchwork the shapes are butterflies and frogs and all from offcuts used so cleverly.
Mountain ash

#165106 - 11/09/08 09:52 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ]
Mij Offline

A little off-topic, but I can't remember if this was posted on this site or not, but I still find it . . . unsettling.

A public toilet in Basel, Switzerland, mirrored on the outside, clear on the inside. It reminds me of nightmares I used to have.

#165110 - 11/09/08 10:40 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Mij]
Eagle Heart Offline

This would freak me out too; indeed, the stuff of those dreams that you have JUST before you wake up JUST in time to run to the real bathroom (the bathroom that you can never find in your dreams).

Er, blush, am I the only one who has those dreams? Too much information?

(Maya Angelou)

#165111 - 11/09/08 10:41 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

I wonder how many people using this toilet have had to sit there and watch people do weird things in the mirror, like floss their teeth or straighten their bra (or other clothing)...

(Maya Angelou)

#165127 - 11/10/08 01:01 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mij Offline

Um, yes, many of those dreams. A lot of people I know have them.

I never thought about what people would be doing in the mirrors - how funny. smile

#165148 - 11/10/08 04:02 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Quote:
What did your friend do when he was there, raise his leg on a tree? Sounds horrific.
Ha ha Dotsie. I got to ask him that.
That's a thought Eagle. Wouldn't want to see anyone flossing while I am sitting on the john, that's for sure. lol

He stayed in an exclusive hotel in Peking, but travelled in the outskirts, from there. I don’t know exactly where he saw this…but if you google Chinese toilets, you will see more than you care to.

MIj… I think we had the same nightmares.

#165155 - 11/10/08 02:18 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Edelweiss2]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
This thread is so funny! Hey Mij, I sure take exception to some dude or dudette that would name a female urinal the Lady J!!! Hmmm....I, too, would love an invention of a way to potty in the car. When I was doing visiting nursing I knew every restroom within my travel area. It seems the problem is worsening with age for me. Thank God for advanced immodium and detrol!!

#165159 - 11/10/08 02:39 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Can you imagine sitting on the toilet and watching the world go by? That's hysterical. After looking at the first picture, I thought... not so bad, but then I saw the second one and roared. Eww, I don't think I could use it.

Off to Google Chinese toilets.

#165169 - 11/10/08 03:28 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I'm guessing that most of you won't want to see these toilets but I dealt with them for 6 weeks while in Russia...ewwwwwwww
okay now I'll go do some housework....

#165172 - 11/10/08 03:33 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I Googled Chinese toilets and there are hundreds of images out there. None you really want to see!

LJ, so the same thing stands for Russia. I won't be going to China or Russia. Count me out!

#165276 - 11/11/08 03:31 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

When I was in Italy, back in '95, some of the restaurants had co-ed toilets that were a mere hole in the floor. Uck!

Edited by jabber (11/11/08 03:32 PM)

#165280 - 11/11/08 03:43 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Ladyjane...did you ever tell us why you lived in Russia? I think I missed that.

Gee, that toilet with the black seat is fancy...stainless steal, heh? And that blue pipe decor? That's a pee stopper, if you ask me. shocked

#165309 - 11/11/08 09:17 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Edelweiss2]
gims Offline

Originally Posted By: Mij
I just thought a funny thing about the men part. Somebody should invent an alarm for toilet seats. When any liquid touches the toilet seat, an alarm [would go off]..
Since chatty made a good point, how 'bout a boxing glove coming out of the wall to stamp them on the head, if they duck, a laser beam could catch them and send the glove to aim much lower... Or, the seat could pop up when its sensor feels wet and whack the guy from underneath... any of these would work, I guess... next thing we'd know, our SO/DH would be out by a tree or near an open window.

Quote:
There has been a woman's urinal around for a long time called the "Lady J" that you can find at the Campmor site. It was invented for female campers/backpackers to be able to stand up rather than squatting. http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___80976 I had one, it worked well. I had as much privacy as men.
So, does it come with a carrying case, and handy wipes to keep you and it clean? Surely one doesn't wear it full time... although I guess one could, if the spout accordioned in on itself...

Those toilets are nasty!!!

#165844 - 11/17/08 06:15 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

This is the weirdest topic I can ever remember seeing here and it is the most important as well because no one I know, rich or poor, famous or ordinary does not have to make poopoo every now and again. We are soooo fortunate to live in the country we live in, all the most modern conveniences, and privacy too. I can't even imagine living in China, yuk! What are they thinking?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved