The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#165075 - 11/09/08 03:11 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
EW, I had no idea it was like that in China. Gee, you learn something new everyday.

What did your friend do when he was there, raise his leg on a tree? Sounds horrific.

Edited by Dotsie (11/09/08 03:11 PM)

#165094 - 11/09/08 08:00 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
Mountain Ash Offline

There are western toilets...thank goodness..my daughter has her stories.when using a stable type where all users are visable from the shoulders upward.Toilet paper put in a pail.
My son leaves on friday to visit China Cambodia Vietnam again...he does not share his experiences..but I suspect he will seek out a western facility.
The childrens clothing with open gusset...saw an antique silk all in one...that still bore evidence of what you would expect..
my friends taught there and had many items of general interest.
we have a quilt made in patchwork the shapes are butterflies and frogs and all from offcuts used so cleverly.
Mountain ash

#165106 - 11/09/08 09:52 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ]
Mij Offline

A little off-topic, but I can't remember if this was posted on this site or not, but I still find it . . . unsettling.

A public toilet in Basel, Switzerland, mirrored on the outside, clear on the inside. It reminds me of nightmares I used to have.

#165110 - 11/09/08 10:40 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Mij]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This would freak me out too; indeed, the stuff of those dreams that you have JUST before you wake up JUST in time to run to the real bathroom (the bathroom that you can never find in your dreams).

Er, blush, am I the only one who has those dreams? Too much information?

(Maya Angelou)

#165111 - 11/09/08 10:41 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I wonder how many people using this toilet have had to sit there and watch people do weird things in the mirror, like floss their teeth or straighten their bra (or other clothing)...

(Maya Angelou)

#165127 - 11/10/08 01:01 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mij Offline

Um, yes, many of those dreams. A lot of people I know have them.

I never thought about what people would be doing in the mirrors - how funny. smile

#165148 - 11/10/08 04:02 AM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Quote:
What did your friend do when he was there, raise his leg on a tree? Sounds horrific.
Ha ha Dotsie. I got to ask him that.
That's a thought Eagle. Wouldn't want to see anyone flossing while I am sitting on the john, that's for sure. lol

He stayed in an exclusive hotel in Peking, but travelled in the outskirts, from there. I don’t know exactly where he saw this…but if you google Chinese toilets, you will see more than you care to.

MIj… I think we had the same nightmares.

#165155 - 11/10/08 02:18 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Edelweiss2]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
This thread is so funny! Hey Mij, I sure take exception to some dude or dudette that would name a female urinal the Lady J!!! Hmmm....I, too, would love an invention of a way to potty in the car. When I was doing visiting nursing I knew every restroom within my travel area. It seems the problem is worsening with age for me. Thank God for advanced immodium and detrol!!

#165159 - 11/10/08 02:39 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Can you imagine sitting on the toilet and watching the world go by? That's hysterical. After looking at the first picture, I thought... not so bad, but then I saw the second one and roared. Eww, I don't think I could use it.

Off to Google Chinese toilets.

#165169 - 11/10/08 03:28 PM Re: LOL... at least, for travel, or in a pinch.... [Re: Dotsie]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I'm guessing that most of you won't want to see these toilets but I dealt with them for 6 weeks while in Russia...ewwwwwwww
okay now I'll go do some housework....

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved