The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#163312 - 10/20/08 05:00 PM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: jawjaw]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
To whom do to you.."HUH", JJ? I'm confused. confused

JJ, never mind. I see you were replying to MA. I'm slow today. crazy

Edited by Cookie (10/20/08 05:08 PM)

#163313 - 10/20/08 05:16 PM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: Cookie]
Mountain Ash Offline

JJ
you said earlier about liking Scotland

well a brush is called a besom in OLD SCOTS LANGUAGE
and besom can be used also for Woman

sure you can do something with that information..

#163316 - 10/20/08 05:46 PM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...don't you love a blonde? Mahahaha....

Cookie, how special that you have that from your grandpaw! It speaks highly of him that you keep it and do so...lovingly. I like that...

#163320 - 10/20/08 06:11 PM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
My broom and I fly together when the moon is full. cackle cackle

(getting into the Halloween spirit here)

#163321 - 10/20/08 06:11 PM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

I have a rolling pin made by an old man long gone..he even made a child size one for my then five year old...its good for marizpan sweets...though meant for a kiddie.

and one pyrex bowl must be 40 years old...used daily it has earned its keep.This is not a joke like the brush JJ

In case any one believe the brush story...sorry...

#163370 - 10/21/08 02:55 AM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: Mountain Ash]
gims Offline

I resorted to using the $3 brooms from the dollar store. I try to keep one broom for the indoors, one for outdoors. My DH and grands seem to forget and it's off to the dollar store for me. I can't stand the thought of an outdoor broom being used in my kitchen, only on of two rooms that we use a broom for.

How cool for you to have a broom made by your grandpa, Cookie and Mountain, I have a rolling pin made for me by my dad, and two small ones he made for our girls. I have small hands so the girls' fit me best. My DH made me a holder for the wall... mine is on top and the other two below. Prized possessions.

#163401 - 10/21/08 12:28 PM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I have a collection of roller pins in graduated sizes. Wish I had one of those holders to display them. Right now I have them swirled inside of the oyster bucket that there's a pic of in the FOR SALE area. It works, but they would look better on the wall in the kitchen.

#163411 - 10/21/08 02:01 PM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

My DH cut a small version of a gun rack out of a plank of redwood with a jigsaw. The bottom finger broke off of one side... we Gorilla glued it a couple of times, so it still holds them all. I'd like to have a new (nice and finished) one, but the small rollers belong to the girls and I'm sure they'll be wanting them to pass on to their girls (who are now starting to learn to cook) soon. The memory is what I'm hung on...

I bet your house is to die for, comfy and cute... I come to thinking this by way of you and hints of what it's like from past posts.

#163416 - 10/21/08 02:15 PM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Honey, my house is more like to DIE IN...not for. It is a mishmash of old...and after having been married to Mr. [censored]...I am not one of those people who tidy up every second of every day.

If you came to my house, you could take off your shoes and curl up on the couch...it wouldn't bother me a bit...in fact, I would probably beat you to it.

My sisters (four of um) all have big beautiful homes and they are decorated to die for....now THEY have the knack.

Mine is Early American Poverty. LOL! But hey, it's mine. I love whimsical, too...and cottage style. Overstuffed, lacey, etc...I belong in the 1800's...and probably look like it! LOL!

But thank you for that sweet comment anyway...

#163454 - 10/22/08 02:25 AM Re: Getting Back to Basics [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

I'm sure you're selling it short!
You describe it so much like I'd have my living quarters, if it were just me - comfortable, homey, cottage style and whimsical... I might even add cooky.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved