The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#15917 - 09/09/03 05:17 PM Re: The big W.W.!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
cook? like...turn on a stove and put stuff in the oven? What is wrong with you people? Haven't you ever heard of Kentucky Fried Chicken or Taco Bell?

#15918 - 09/10/03 03:39 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Dots, as you know I've lost 40 lbs in about a year but that was on the caffiene, nicotine, my husband's crazy diet. And the addition of small holes in my esophagus have probably helped too. But I've noticed that I've gained back about 3 lbs in a month and can't understand it. I'm still exercising, still being pretty careful about what I eat. However, I have been having a beer or glass of wine a couple of times a week and I think that may be the problem. But regardless, it seems that since hitting menopause or whatever this is....post partial hysterectomy syndrone, I can gain pounds overnight even while exercising. So stick to the WW but my one bit of advice is that if you eat bread and potatoes....stop. That seemed to be the one thing that dropped the fat off of my belly and butt faster than anything.

#15919 - 10/23/03 04:36 AM Re: The big W.W.!
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
A friend of mine and I signed up for Weight Watchers this week. How's it been going foryou Dotsie? I did it about two years ago and lost 45 bound. I was usrprised when I weighed in because I have only gained 15 of it back in the two years. I still need to loose more than 30 pounds to be a lifetime member. We'll see how it goes. Today was my first day and I was so hungry off and on throught out the day that I was delirious.

#15920 - 10/23/03 04:12 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I never went back after two meetings. Sorry, no help here! For three Saturday mornings I had something to do and didn't get there, and by then I had lost interest.

I wish you well with it. I think doing it with a friend is a good answer!

I'm still doing the walking thing five days a week. I'm not losing, but I'm not gaining either.

Just read Kathryn's post and she's right. It's the bread and potatoes. The starches, carbs, blah, blah, blah, for me. I'm a carbohydrate junkie and I' trying to cut back a little, but it's not easy! [Mad]

#15921 - 10/29/03 04:38 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Candice Johnson Offline

Well, I lost 6 pounds after the first week on WW. And for those of you who deprive yourself of carbs and sweets on Atkins, I had birthday cake at a party on Saturday and a low fat whole grain waffle with ice cream almost every night! It's all about writing everything down and keeping track of what you eat. So far I don't have that much trouble with it. They give three different ways to keep track. FOr those who need to write it all down or just want to cross off the number of points they 've used. I think I'll be sticking to this.

#15922 - 10/29/03 05:55 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Way to go Candice. Sounds like a good diet for you. How did your friend do?

I bet you loved every morsel of that birthday cake! [Big Grin]

Funny how you appreciate things so much more when you don't indulge. Another way we take things for granted.

#15923 - 10/29/03 06:52 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Candice Johnson Offline

My friend lost two pounds. She was littel dissapointed because these other people who joined last week lost 7 pounds. I told her loss is loss. She be able to keepp the two punds a week thing for a few more weeks, probable, where as I will never lose 6 pounds in one week again. Our leader said if I lost that much next week, she'd call 911!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved