The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#15907 - 07/26/03 04:27 AM The big W.W.!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, so last Saturday I started Weight Watchers. Really just want to lose about 10-15 pounds. Don't want to get into the habit of gaining a couple every year.

Tomorrow I weigh in. Now I sound like a wrestler or football player.

Anyway, just checking in to see what other women are doing to fight the battle of the changing metabolism. [Mad]

#15908 - 07/27/03 06:52 PM Re: The big W.W.!
oleladee Offline

Loc: Kansas
Funny thing.... with my Lupus i am on a bunch of meds. well recently one of my doctors decided to cut back some that he thought were detrimental. a great thing happened... i began dropping weight! it turns out that one of the meds was causing me to eat when i wasn't hungry. when i dropped the outdated medication i noticed a drop in my appetite and over the last couple months i dropped 14 pounds. i have been eating less and keeping the weight off. i could get to like that idea since i am overweight. [Smile]
--kay oleladee

#15909 - 07/29/03 04:47 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Now that's a first! An easy answer to losing weight without having to do a darn thing. [Razz]

Usually they give little pills to help drop pounds. Now they are taking them away! [Big Grin]

#15910 - 07/29/03 04:51 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

By the way, I lost 2.8 lousy pounds the first week.

We shall see what happens this week...as I sit here with my gallon size jug of water next to me, after having had a 4 point breakfast.

The thing that kills me is my little glass of orange juice that I can't live without (that was once a huge glass of orange juice)counts as 2 of those points.

I think I better go in the Fine Whine Forum! [Wink]

#15911 - 07/29/03 05:18 PM Re: The big W.W.!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie,
You go girl! 2.8 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! If you don't believe me, take a jar of jelly and put it in your pocket. Carry it around all day. When you take it out of your pocket, you will be relieved! See? Weight is weight. 2.8 this week, 2.8 lbs the next week. Slow is the way. Trust me. I am very proud for you. Keep us posted.

P.S. One trick I use to do when on WW was taking a piece of red-peppered ham, spreading pimento cheese on it, roll it up and eat it. I use to do a couple of those for part of my lunch. I don't know how many points that is, OR WAS, but it didn't keep me from losing. Course that was a hundred years ago. No joke. I learned that trick while on the Ark.

#15912 - 08/12/03 05:39 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The jelly jar made me laugh. [Big Grin]

Unfortunately, after vacation last week I believe it is back in my pocket. Or should I say...on my stomach or thighs? [Razz]

Due to vacation that was the last time I weighed in. Got to get back to counting those stinkin' points and rid myself of some jelly jars!

#15913 - 09/09/03 04:42 AM Re: The big W.W.!
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
I've been on weight watchers program now for 3 months...I've lost 12 pounds. A very slow process. My weight goes up 2 and down 3 the next weigh in...stable then down 1 the up .2 but i'm averaging about a pound a week. I don't look at it as a diet anymore. Its a "weigh" of life. I have a lot to lose. Maybe one day I will actually hit goal

#15914 - 09/09/03 03:33 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smilingthrulife...great name and welcome aboard. We love it when people register and post right away! [Big Grin]

Glad to hear you are having success with the big WW. I had to miss 2 meetings in a row so I haven't gone back. Any excuse to put it off again. [Razz]

I'm just thinking more about the points as I eat my way through the day. Thanks for the reminder to get back on track.

One of my sisters told me her new rule and it's a toughie! Nothing out of a bag or box! Wow, not that's a challenge.

#15915 - 09/09/03 04:37 PM Re: The big W.W.!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
anyone who would give you that kind of rule, must be communist...I mean, no Oreo's? Isn't that a staple in your household? no? Is it me? WHAT? [Eek!]

#15916 - 09/09/03 05:05 PM Re: The big W.W.!
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
how on earth are you supposed to cook supper if it doesn't come out of a bag, a box or a can????
[Razz]
(the Queen of Mushroom Soup with everything suppers........)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved