The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15817 - 01/15/03 04:43 PM Walking my way to sanity
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
A few months ago, I noticed that I was having frequent chest pains, loss of apetite and some pretty severe anxiety attacks. When I finally went to my doctor, he told me that I had acid reflux which had caused my esophagus to become ulcerated. (there's a name for the condition but it escapes me). Apparently the anxiety attacks were contributing to the acid reflux problem. Oh, my cholesterol was way high too! So now I'm taking two meds to control both anxiety and reflux. But my doctor urged me to get real exercise. So I started power walking, and pre-puppy got up to 4 miles in 35 minutes about 5 times a week. I've lost 20 plus pounds, several clothing sizes and my cholesterol has dropped dramatically. Best, because I'm walking while losing I'm not dealing with too much of the saggy skin syndrone I've experienced before. Most significantly though, I find that after a serious walk, my head feels better....the internal chaos and screaming subside and I am able to function like a civilized human being. So get good shoes
and start with a short, quick walk, preferably near pretty trees and with some hills to challenge you. You'll be amazed!

#15818 - 01/15/03 06:52 PM Re: Walking my way to sanity
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
i think the term is g.i.r.d. that you are looking for and i have it too. i take prilosec for it. i also have an anxiety thing going on along with a mood disorder thing and a depression thing going on ....ummmm lets see what other pills are in my easter basket today?!?!

#15819 - 01/18/03 05:59 PM Re: Walking my way to sanity
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Not only are you walking your way to sanity, you have also walked your way to better health. Which comes first, the sanity or the health? They are soooo related.

I am also a walker, 3-4 miles a day about 5 times a week and I wouldn't trade it for the world! Keep on truckin'.

#15820 - 01/21/03 05:02 PM Re: Walking my way to sanity
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
An update to my walking post....Dr. called yesterday with my most recent cholesteral test results. My overall cholesteral is down 34 points, my good cholesteral is up 30 and my wicked, evil bad, bad, cholesteral is down 30. I haven't lost the pounds I want, but am definitely more healthy. It has to be the walking!

#15821 - 01/21/03 05:32 PM Re: Walking my way to sanity
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You go girl! Happy to hear your good news! Walking is good for the mind, body, and soul.

#15822 - 01/22/03 10:09 PM Re: Walking my way to sanity
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
kathryn..that is awesome news!!! you go girl... you go girl..

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved