The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#157323 - 08/24/08 07:40 AM Believe in past lives?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I recently spent hours on this website, reading every word. It was so fascinating!
www.johnadams.net

Poet and essayist

#157327 - 08/24/08 09:24 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: meredithbead]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
So interesting... to me anyway.
There's another guy, David Wilcox, claiming to be the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce.
Have you read Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss? I borrowed it from the library - a quick read. He's a psychiatrist who didn't believe in past lives until one of his hypnotized patients regressed. Then he became a believer.

#157328 - 08/24/08 09:27 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
gims Offline

Here, I found the youtube where Wilcox makes this claim, and others.

#157410 - 08/24/08 09:54 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I read Edgar Cayce a long time ago (book given to me by Mom!) but haven't read the Wilcox book. If our library ever re-opens, I'll check it out...

Poet and essayist

#157484 - 08/25/08 08:06 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I learned a long time ago not to boo-hoo anything. I know personally I have seen a place or a person, but mostly places that I have never in this life been to, and yet it was eerily familar to me...Gave me gooseflesh and my hair on my neck stood up.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#157764 - 08/27/08 01:10 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I believe. My father taught me about reincarnation and I've read many books about it.

One of my MySpace friends, Jessica, has her own amazing story at http://www.myspace.com/fannychamberlain that I am enthralled with.

Gims, Many Lives, Many Masters is on my reading list now.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#157788 - 08/27/08 12:37 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Saundra]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
I, too, believe although if you had told me when I was young, I would have poo-pooed the entire idea. It was until I had some very specific experiences that I became convinced. Not that my belief system is my mom's favorite. I was raised a "nice Midwestern girl" and good Midwestern girls don't have 7 tattoos that support her spiritual journey or believe in reincarnation!

I have read Many Lifes, Many Masters and love the book...definitely a good read.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#157795 - 08/27/08 04:10 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

Mama Red, I'd love to hear about your experiences.

#157828 - 08/27/08 08:38 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Gims

Great to hear from you! Hope you've had a peaceful day full of loving on yourself...

I would be happy to share my experiences and I don't know if it would offend anyone for me to share them or not. Some of the lives I've explored through Soul Retrievals and Past Life Regression definitely haven't left me in the rosiest light ... I haven't discovered any of the "kewl" things like being the Queen of England or anything like that...smile. AND what I've learned about the lives revealed has helped me learn so much about myself, what I bring, and who I am in *this* life.

So let me know what you think!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#157839 - 08/27/08 11:29 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I surely won't be offended. I would enjoy hearing about it, Mama.

#157842 - 08/27/08 11:45 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chickadee]
Saundra Offline

I want to know your stories, too, Mama Red.

#157921 - 08/28/08 06:36 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Saundra]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Chickadee and Saundra

Thank you for the encouragement. As I thought about it, I realized I've never written down any of these experiences...although I've told them to many people (or at least that didn't think I was cavorting with the Dark Side). I don't know if I could record it and post it here for you...although I think I shall try that first since speaking comes easier to me than writing (unless it is a big 'ole manual!).

I'll play with that today and see what I can do...and thank you for lending such a kind ear. I know this experience wasn't well received in the circles I was in when it first happened. The Creator has brought me so many gifts and friends who are willing to listen to something out of the "norm" and look at this, new ones now! Wow, I am a blessed woman.

Does anyone know if it is possible to post an audio here?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#157928 - 08/28/08 07:12 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

You could make a youtube presentation like Lynn (Princess Lenora) did, and if you don't want to be in the presentation, you could use pictures, like others do. Or, you could link to a quicktime (or other) recording...
Some might be surprised at how many of us live/love to hear about EVERYTHING, ANYTHING and ALL THINGS.
I say go for it!!! You have an eager audience.

#157947 - 08/28/08 08:47 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Gims

Great idea...I've never done a YouTube presentation, although I recorded the page intros for my upcoming teleseminar series and thought I was one hot potato (grin). I was able to record it using a headset and a Sony software tool ... it was fun, even if it seemed like it took forever to record. I'll record the story when the house is quiet (I love working from home and normally have a quiet house ... however both the hubby and the youngest son will be off work tomorrow).

I'm so glad to hear there are so many others who live/love to hear ALL THINGS!!!!!!!!!!! That is me too...I may not always agree, or may not understand, and I want to learn (although I'm not *quite* that capable of being sanguine when my hubby gets on one of his "the world is coming to an end" rants...I do my best to stay away from negativity). I'll see what I can figure out...I'm supposed to be a techie, right? Tee hee.........

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#157948 - 08/28/08 09:20 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

Originally Posted By: Mama Red
Hi Gims Great idea...... and thought I was one hot potato (grin).

I have to defer credit for the idea... from viewing Lynn's video. And, I bet you were one hot potato!

Quote:
... when my hubby gets on one of his "the world is coming to an end" rants...

This literally cracked me up laugh laugh laugh

Quote:
I'll see what I can figure out...I'm supposed to be a techie, right? Tee hee.........

Can't wait!!!

#157963 - 08/29/08 12:38 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Gims

You're too darned cute! I got a really kewl presentation a couple of days ago with Celine Dion's "I am alive" in the background and the most exquisite pictures. I may do something more simple like my voice telling the story and 1 picture...if not, my NSOS (Next Shiny Object Syndrome) may kick in again. I get all jazzed about one thing (like my teleseminar series), then I see something shiny somewhere else and the next thing you know I'm off on that!

And doing this is a great "excuse" for me to learn how to do this and I'll add another skill to my toolkit. smile

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158044 - 08/29/08 09:26 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

Originally Posted By: Mama Red
And doing this is a great "excuse" for me to learn how to do this and I'll add another skill to my toolkit. smile

Attagirl!!!

#158062 - 08/29/08 10:56 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I believe, and I've had experiences to let me know I'm right.
Dancer.

I'd love to hear other's stories too.

"Question your privilege"

#158418 - 09/01/08 03:10 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: dancer9]
Mama Red Offline

Well, step 1 done...I recorded the story using the mic on my computer. I may re-listen to it and re-shape it a bit since it was done off the top of my head and I may have put some details in that are boring or non-essential. I haven't, yet, figured out how to get it to something I can post on YouTube. I tried creating a 1 slide presentation and using a conversion tool I found online. That didn't work right, so I'll give it another shot when I have more time this week.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158458 - 09/02/08 05:01 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

Hi all

Well, I got through the learning curve...at least a little bit. You can hear an 8 minute version of one of my past life regressions here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQE01yRTjW8

No fancy pics or video...a static picture was my achievement for the day!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158471 - 09/02/08 06:01 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What a great marketing VOICE you have. I'm so jealous. My own, unfortunately, is of that nasal, whiney-like quality. Try being a keynote with that going on...you had better be funny or you'll get tar and feathered...

#158476 - 09/02/08 06:44 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
MR, you do have a great voice! I never thought to read without a video. You chose a good picture to go with. PL

#158485 - 09/02/08 07:11 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
MamaRed,
I agree with jj and PL, you do have a great voice. It's soothing and comforting and charismatic. I quit smoking via hypnosis. But that's the only experience I've had along that vane. That'll be 25 years ago, in March 2009. I don't know if I believe what you do. But I'll say this, This life is enough for me to hack. Don't ever want to do it again. And I hope I'm going to Heaven forever hereafter. I enjoyed listening to you experience, however!
Prayers and blessings,

#158487 - 09/02/08 07:14 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jabber]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Jabber, you quit smoking via hypnosis? Bravo! I quit with "aversion" therapy. I'd like to get hypnotized into filthy rich. This time around.

#158498 - 09/02/08 08:18 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jawjaw]
Mama Red Offline

Aw shucks Ms. JJ...you're too kind! Thank you for the kind words...I most certainly appreciate them and you. I love your amazing sense of humor and am sure your keynotes are positively awesome. Now if I would get off me bum and put together marketing materials maybe I would get to do a keynote again. Guess folks aren't going to drive up to my door in DinkeyTown, IL and say "please, pretty please, come talk to us", eh? Crap, darn, doodles and a whole lot of other words I guess I'm not supposed to say (although it doesn't seem to stop me from saying them...tee hee).

I have made progress tho'...got a bio in decent even shape to keep from me having a permanent "blush" on my face. I think I'll start recording everything first...not for publication, simply because I think better when I'm talking!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158499 - 09/02/08 08:21 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mama Red Offline

Thanks Princess Lenora...I appreciate the kind words. And I LOVE that picture, although I can't explain the "why" of it. I actually recorded several versions of this story off the top of my head and *would* have been done sooner if I had realized YouTube has a 10 minute maximum...my original was 12 minutes. Maybe one of the bazillion conversion tools I used would have uploaded properly if I had paid attention to the time limit (grin). I kept getting an error on YouTube and now I don't know if it was the conversion I chose or the time thingy. Gracious, I have so much technology to choose from and so few brain cells!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158500 - 09/02/08 08:22 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Jabber

Thank you...and I wouldn't have believed it had it not been experienced many many times since then. And yes, you're right, this life is enough to deal with!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158502 - 09/02/08 08:24 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

A question about the recording...did ya'll find it was too soft? One of my friends said she had to turn up the sound all the way. That wasn't on purpose, it was just how I recorded it and I'm so darned unused to recording anything that I haven't a clue what things sound like on other systems!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158510 - 09/02/08 09:28 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Princess Lenora Offline

no, not too soft. Maybe it depends on the quality of the computer speakers that you are using?

#158516 - 09/02/08 09:48 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mama Red Offline

Thanks PL...wanted to check. I have one of those voices who can fill and auditorium without a mic...so being told something was "too soft" was a hoot!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158521 - 09/02/08 10:43 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Saundra Offline

Just got here MR. Been getting the blue death screen that kept me away for 2 days.

I had to turn my one and only speaker all the way up and I enjoyed your voice. I, too, love the pic you chose. You are so courageous to get up on that massage table (not a couch?). I think about trying it and realize I have enormous trust issues. How did you gain the trust to do it?

#158539 - 09/03/08 12:19 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Saundra]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Saundra

Oh goodness, the blue death screen...eek!!!!!!!!!! That is enough to drive one well, to do something that wouldn't be considered "ladylike" by my mom's standards (smile).

I'm glad you enjoyed the recording and the pic.

Hum...I never thought of it being corageous because I'm so darned curious about things. Considering I have enormous trust issues, I'm not sure how I did it either! Other than the woman I was working with (Karen) was the most amazing person and I felt completely and utterly safe with anything she suggested. I had been working with her for a couple of years at that point so I "knew" her.

I'm not sure I realized exactly how deep my trust issues were until about three years ago when I was in a transformational leadership program. One of the exercises required us to do a trust fall and I was positively certain no one could *possibly* catch me because I'm "too big" (even tho' I had seen the group successfully catch, hold, and lift up a woman bigger than I am...both in height and in weight). I cleared some of the issues and didn't realize they were still hanging around until about a year later (in 2006), when my then BEST practitioner was working with me and said something about trusting (I don't even remember what I was supposed to trust at the time!) and I flipped out. Started crying, sobbing, and basically feeling like my whole world was falling in on me.

For almost 6 months, people who knew me knew to not to say the "T" word around me! Part of my past life work has helped me develop a way to work through those issues. That is a whole 'nother story!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158580 - 09/03/08 06:58 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

OK, I have to give you another 'yea' vote for voice quality.
The sound quality didn't do your voice justice, though. I had to move my speakers close, and the volume seemed to rise and fall on its own, not a constant volume level. Did you use a stationary mic or did you wear one, like a mic on a headset? It doesn't matter, really... I was able to hear the whole thing... and can't say enough about your story telling ability, that deserves a WOW, along with your voice quality.
Anxious to hear more.

One of my sisters and I have talked about going together to experience PLR... we are both timid, afraid to be exploited, or have ourselves come away with suggested thoughts... we also have the instilled religious reservations...
We were extremely serious there for awhile, right after I read (and told her about) Weiss' latest book. I even made a list of possible hypnotists in the Houston area. She'd come here, and we'd go together, sitting as guards for the other. The last we talked about it was six or seven weeks ago.

How'd you choose your hypnotist, Mama Red?

#158599 - 09/03/08 12:58 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
jabber Offline

Mama Red,
Your voice came through just fine on my computer. Nice quality.
Nice tone. Loved it!

#158608 - 09/03/08 01:53 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Gims

I do understand the fears and wish I could give you some advice on choosing a provider. It has been a long time since I had this PLR done...although I had some other work done with a person here in the Chicago area. For me, it was an instantaneous "this person is safe" feeling and I wasn't going strictly to a hypnotherapist...I was going to someone who had other background in other healing modalities. My personal preference would be to find someone who focuses their work on past life, regressions, or soul retrievals if you're going to do that. Does that make any sense? And, btw, you're more than welcome to give me a call and we can talk about it if you like. Let me know if that would serve you and I can send you my phone number.

One thing my provider said, when I mentioned my fear of having thoughts not my own instilled during hypnosis, is that it doesn't work that way. I don't know if that was her ethical system at work or the way the brain takes suggestions...it has been too long ago that I had this particular one done. I'm sorry I'm not of more help on that particular concern.

As for the recording, it was made with a headphone/mic combination and stored directly in my computer using Sony Soundforge software. I'm so blasted new at this that I have no idea what settings to choose or how to test to make sure what is happening (other than listening to it on my system and getting some other folks to listen). From what I'm learning from this recording, and another one I have (a tongue-in-cheek reading called "Kindness is Overrated" that I originally created for my Acts of Kindness website)there is a lot of variance, which makes it even more challenging! How the heck does one troubleshoot for that! (grin) It would be interesting to hear my voice coming from your system to understand more fully the "up and down" quality you mention. I'm not sure if that is me or the recording.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#158610 - 09/03/08 01:54 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Jabber

I'm glad you enjoyed it!And thank you for the kind words.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160190 - 09/18/08 09:04 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Thanks for the recording MamaRed. I also had to turn my speakers up a little.

I can't light a paper match at all and was in my mid-20s before I could light the big wooden ones. I always assumed I had died by fire in a past life but have no memories per se.

Poet and essayist

#160194 - 09/18/08 12:02 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: meredithbead]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Meredith

Thanks for the feedback...I'm learning about doing recordings and have learned (since I did this one) that it might be better to do it on my digital recorder than via my computer.

Interesting that you have had the experience with lighting matches...I wouldn't have had the memories without the guidance of my past life regressions. I've had several of those plus other energy based approaches to clearing blocks (including something I did yesterday called Reconnective Healing and Theta Healing).

The more of the energy work I do, the more fascinated I become with what it is like to be a Spirit living in a human body. Not exactly the knowledge I grew up with! (Which causes its own set of questions and challenges!)

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160225 - 09/18/08 06:12 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh my GOD, MamaRed I just noticed you are from Wauconda. I lived in McHenry off of Pistakee Lake for 14 years. My husband and I owned the Speakeasy bar right near the train station on the main street in Fox Lake. We use to pick apples in the apple orchard off of Rand Road in Wauconda, and buy cider and apple pies and fudge. Oh so delicious. Also there is a small grocer next to that big plastics plant, the name escapes me at the moment, where they smoke their own meats. The bacon and hams were to die for. I loved Wauconda, small, cozy and so green... It would be a hoot if we knew one another back then. My ex also had a big white van he sold all sorts of merchandise from to the customers of ALL the many bars out there. He golfed with Mayor Joe Armodo and Chief of Police Lou Volke...What a small world.

#160237 - 09/18/08 08:00 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Chatty

OMG....too amazing, too amazing by half! I just got back from a doctor's appointment in McHenry and several of the folks I attend church with live in that area too. My hubbie and I picked Wauconda because of its small town look/feel and, in general, the "feel" of it. Helps that it gave us both a 1 hour drive to work (I worked in North Chicago at the time we moved here and he works in Itasca). I'm betting my hubbie knows exactly where you're talking about...he is a Chicago native and has spent most of his time around Mundelein, Elgin, and Dundee. Know where any of those are?

I'd love to say we might have known each other and just didn't know it ('til now) and I've only been in the Chicago area 3 years, so I'm doubting that we did (blast it anyway, I would love to meet you!).

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160259 - 09/19/08 12:18 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes, I worked in Libertyville, Zion, Mundelein, Waukegan, Elgin, and the greater Chicago area. I was on the road for Sears Photo Service. I spend the entire week going into each and every Sears store in the greater Chicago suburbs area. We moved to Fox Lake bought the saloon and lived in Mc Henry mostly because of the reasons you mentioned, small, safe, communiuty minded people. I loved it there and may move there again been considering it. I can live where ever I want to since I am my business, and ework from home. Fill the freezer for winter and hardly need to leave the house. Who knows we may meet yet one day...

#160279 - 09/19/08 03:49 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

WOW...sounds like you got a real "view" of the area!

I work from home now too...although who knows where I'll get to go as I get information out on my movitational speaking career!

Who knows what time will bring, eh?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160334 - 09/20/08 07:21 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

chatty and mama red, you two keep describing the place as you have and we may all be moving there!

#160342 - 09/20/08 08:14 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh now that would be fantastic, a whole bunch of us boomer women in one cancentrated area. Then the other gals could come and visit us and have plenty of places to stay. I for one would LOVE it...

#160818 - 09/24/08 12:39 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Gims...grin...and I guess I had better be "fair" and say I'm not much fond of the winters! BRRRRRRRRRRRR...

Chatty...wouldn't that be too kewl for words!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#161037 - 09/26/08 05:47 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

crazyGhost in gym... Kansas news crazy
What do you think it was?

#161067 - 09/26/08 04:46 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Gims

Wow...that is interesting! I haven't a clue what it was and realize I don't know much about that kind of "paranormal" activity!

BTW, did you ever find someone to do a past life regression for you?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#161085 - 09/26/08 06:56 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

MamaRed, Our lives have been preoccupied with other things... We still have a little over a quarter of an acre to clear debris from. We only lost a few shingles, but the hole in the wall (now covered with a tarp) is next in line. The schools opened again this past Wednesday, so watching kiddos isn't taking my days anymore. I'm vegging for a few. Living outside my own nest for a week (8 people, three dogs and two cats in one house driven by alternating generators, conserving use from lack of fuel, was draining). It was a big house, with room to roam, but it wasn't my house. I still need to shoot you an email. DH will be out of town starting this Sunday PM... hope to have the peace and freedom to get that done then... Lord willing and the creek don't rise (I shouldn't use that ol' saying, as our back acre fronts a creek...lol.)

#161322 - 09/29/08 03:48 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Gims

Oh my goodness, that sounds like a lot to deal with! I'm so glad you didn't have severe damage AND any damage causes a disruption in our lives. Vegging sounds like a good thing to do. And please know I'm not asking to add to your list of things to do...sounds like that is long enough as it is!

And that saying is a common one i n my family and there is a totally new meaning to it when you go through what you've been going through. EEK! Grin.

Please let me know how I can support you...

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#162254 - 10/09/08 07:16 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
jabber Offline

Believe in past lives? I'm having enough trouble with this one!

#162283 - 10/09/08 11:48 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#162288 - 10/10/08 01:18 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Meredith,
I come to this thread late. I wanted to ring in with my experience. It has been true in my own life that there is too much evidence that "this is all there is."
I can believe in a "past life," because of what I have heard, seen and felt in my lifetime.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#162321 - 10/10/08 12:45 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: dancer9]
Mama Red Offline

As ya'll already know I do believe in past lives...not because I started out to do so, because of specific experiences I've had. AND I agree with Jabber when she says this one is "more than enough". The things I've learned and walked through haven't been easy in many ways and yet they have helped me in others. It has been an interesting journey...and I'm not sure my hubbie likes it when the past lives bring up "crap" that I get to deal with and heal. He thought it was kewl when there was, as he said, good stuff. When it brought up some real fears that affected our relationship, then he wasn't sure!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#162404 - 10/11/08 10:49 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm also coming late with a different opinion. I don't believe in past lives, however I believe this isn't all there is. I believe this is just our short season on earth, with eternity lived in heaven.

#163365 - 10/21/08 02:35 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

oh jabber, you are just too cute!

#168350 - 12/21/08 02:50 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: meredithbead]
Deborahmce Offline

Loc: Arkansas
A MOST interesting thread!

In the 70s and 80s I believed absolutely in past lifes and was in a Cayce study group for several years. From early childhood I had experiences which had convinced me that there was more to our existance than what we could experience through our physical senses....and particularly my experiences as a midwife and then hospice nurse. But then, a couple of Philosophy classes in the mid 90s led me to question and explore my belief system. I'm no longer so convinced that something is true and real simply because I thought I experienced it...just leaving open the possiblity that my mind may have created the experience for whatever reason.

That said...I did have a fantastic past life regression approximately ten years ago. I remembered in great detail snippets of three previous lives which were still being dealt with in this one. The remembrances explained some of my present life experiences.

I had never been regressed before though I was very familiar with relaxation and meditation. One thing that I think was a little unusual according to the person regressing me was that the usual instructions to "look" or "see" did not work with me...I had no visual experience until I stopped trying to see and just "felt" (I've always known that I'm more aware of feelings than visual things)...once I took the time to "feel" then I was able to "see" ...sorry if that doesn't make sense..its the only way I can describe it...the person regressing me said that she'd not had that happen before...but what it did for me was add another level of assurance that the experience was not "placed" in my head by another person....she was directing me to become relaxed and to a hallway with many doors...I picked the door to open and then stepped through the door and described to her what was there. I do have it all on audio tape and enjoy re-listening to it.

I have recently found myself thinking about doing this again but have lost touch with the person who helped me. Anyone have any leads?

I've enjoyed and am still exploring the various links in this thread. MamaRed your YouTube presentation was fabulous and you are a great story-teller!! Thanks for the effort of putting it together!

#168352 - 12/21/08 04:04 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Deborahmce]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Like Dotsie I also don't believe in past lives but that we continue on into spiritual realms. Our soul is briefly here in the three dimensional world but progresses, and we take our spiritual qualities that we learn here, and can be best learned here. There's a logic and a justice in creation. Having past lives that you forget about just doesn't make sense to me.

#168356 - 12/21/08 07:09 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: DJ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I don't believe in past lives. But I am willing to believe someone else either in a totally different country or living in a different century/time period, might share a few but not all, the same characteristics as self.

#168357 - 12/21/08 07:11 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: orchid]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Here was the thread, mamared from awhile ago about a person's twin somewhere, sometime on Mother Earth:

http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/forums/u...true#Post106671

I also posted the same topic on a totally different forum of women. There were also some incredible stories. One forum member even posted photos of her daughter and her..daughter's close twin..who lived in same area. the 2 girls met each other.

No, mother never had another daughter.

Edited by orchid (12/21/08 07:17 AM)

#168368 - 12/21/08 02:25 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: orchid]
DJ Offline

That's interesting orchid. I think there's a lot happening on the spiritual/soul level that we don't understand. I also believe that the departed are never far from us -- the next level of existence is as close to us as we are to the animal world, and animals are to the plant world. We live in, move in, affect and are connected to the plant world, but plants are unaware of us. I think it's the same with those who depart form this physical plane. We see them in dreams, we get ideas and inspirations. "Coincidences" happen.

God's creation is much greater than we can imagine with our little minds. The painting can't understand the painter.

This 3-dimensional world of existence isn't so spectacular that you'd have to keep coming back time and again until you get it right. The few decades we have here should suffice, imho. We need to learn love, trust, faith, generosity and similar attributes. A 3-d world seems perfect for such lessons i.e., we can't see inside others' souls in order to know their motives, etc., and God gives us free choice whether to believe or not so that everything we become is a result of our own effort and not because God forces us.

#168371 - 12/21/08 02:43 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: DJ]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
DJ, I think the same way. I don't think that we come back to earth as humans more than once, but I do believe that our DNA is imprinted with the experiences and especially emotional experiences of our ancestors. So that when we think we're experiencing a past life, it may be a sort of collective unconscious from our ancestral DNA pool which culminates in us (and will continue to build with each new generation).

I also believe that our loved ones aren't entirely gone from us when they die. I think they're available to us whenever we need them, but that we have to use our spiritual eyes and ears to see...as you say, through dreams, ideas and inspirations - "God-incidences" so to speak.

I've had some interesting experiences lately in regard to my brother. I don't know if it's considered to be in-topic, but it's sort of relevant. This happens so many times, I can't believe it's just coincidence. I'll see someone in the distance whose walk, mannerisms or body features are EXACTLY the same as my brother's. Not everything is exact, but one visible aspect will be so exact that it takes my breath away. Then the person turns and looks STRAIGHT AT ME, in the eyes, then moves away. Yesterday it happened in the grocery store. From the side angle, his face was the same shape, the same glasses, the guy was even chewing the inside of his mouth just like Gary always used to do. Even hubby saw him and was taken aback. Then the guy turned and looked me in the eye, then wandered off. So bizarre, but each episode actually makes my heart jump for joy, because I'm willing to believe in the possibility that Gary's using these moments to remind me that he's not very far away and is everywhere and in everything around me. It brings great comfort.

(Maya Angelou)

#168372 - 12/21/08 02:47 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Deborahmce]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Deborah

Great to meet you and to hear your description of your experiences. I totally *get* what you mean about "feeling" it...because that is exactly what happened with/to me during my experiences. In fact, that has been something I've been learning to deal with, manage and understand ever since my first experience with being hypnotized. My practitioner kept saying to "see" a golden globe of light and I couldn't, I simply couldn't. It wasn't until she changed the wording to "feel" the light that I could go forward. And that pattern has stayed the same ever since.

In fact, when I was attending a transformational coaching program a few years ago, the faciltiator was doing a guided meditation and I was struggling, really, struggling, to follow along. It was until I remembered my "feel" gene that I was able to move forward and have a wonderful experience. I shared this approach with some others in the group and it totally changed their experience. Now, when I do guided meditation with folks, I use all the sensory words I can think of to find the one that connects with them so they have can a great experience.

I no longer have someone who I do past life regressions with although I do have a person with whom I have done, and will do again, soul retrievals. If you would like her contact information, send me a Private Message (PM) and I'll get you that information. Something else you might be interested in is something called The Reconnection (www.thereconnection.com). I went through the process a few weeks ago and have felt many shifts happening...although describing them is a royal PITA 'cuz it is, again, a "feel" thing for me! And this is coming from someone who loves to talk and express and learn about new ideas and modalities and opportunities through the spoken word!

And thank you for the kind words about my YouTube recording...how kind of you!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168374 - 12/21/08 02:58 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

Interesting thoughts and ideas...all. I DEFINITELY agree there is more to the spiritual realm than we can possibly begin to understand or comprehend. I use the term "past lives" to describe the memories I have AND I'm fully aware it may not be truth with a capital "T"...it may only be, as I say, "the world according to Jerilynne!".

I also believe in the possibility of collective memories or information passed to us through our DNA...in fact, a few months ago, I attended a presentation by an engineer turned spiritual seeker and teacher. It was quite fascinating, especially when he started talking about what he called genetic memory.

He brought up a passage in the Bible (I'm sure I don't have it exactly right, so I hope those of you who have deep Biblical knowledge will forgive me poor attempt at writing the phrase). He was discussing the verse regarding "...and the sins of the fathers shall be visited on the sons yeah until 4 generations.

He then discussed the genetic studies that have been done, saying that our DNA carries the imprint of 4 previous generations.

It was an interesting discussion and got me to thinking a lot about this. As I said, I am no Biblical scholar nor do I profess to know this stuff in depth. It was one of those "get Jerilynne thinking" things!

So much to learn ... and I enjoy it all! I don't know that any of us have the final, perfect, in His terms, answer since everything we hear is filtered through our own experiences and own knowledge and our own preconceptions of what life is, and isn't.

Which is why I soooooo enjoy conversing with people from so many backgrounds, cultures, belief systems and family structures. I learn something new every time!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168383 - 12/21/08 03:44 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: meredithbead]
Deborahmce Offline

MamaRed....sooo happy to hear that you too had to "feel" rather than "see"...I was under the impression that was pretty uncommon....although afterwards, it seemed to be totally in line with how I have "known" and obtained certain knowledge/information throughout my life.

I did send you a PM requesting the info on soul retrieval and am going to the Reconnection site now....thanks!

#168386 - 12/21/08 03:59 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Deborahmce]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Deborah...yup, I'm doing a "me too" on this one...smile. I understand it isn't necessarily the most common, although I seem to be around a lot of folks who are that way...Law of Attraction at work (at least that is my take on it). For years, I was the "odd one out" and I got some coaching on a different way to approach things. When I did, many of the old group fell away...no angst, no nastiness, just fell away. Once I let go of the old, I began attracting an amazing group of people who shared my, admittedly eclectic, belief system and I am no longer the odd one out!

In the last few years, I've learned that what you describe is the same for me...I have been an intuitive and empath and gained my knowledge by so much of the unseen transmissions (body language if you will) that we all have. It has been a challenging road since many times I couldn't understand why I knew what I knew...I knew it and I questioned it because I couldn't explain it and yet, time and time again, what I felt turned out to be true. Quite a bizarre journey in many ways.

I responded to your PM (thanks) and would happily refer you to my Reconnection practitioner. However, it is a series of sessions combined to equal a Reconnection and 3/4 of the series must be done in person. Darn...she is a great person and I'm betting you would like her a bunch!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168395 - 12/21/08 05:56 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Deborahmce Offline

Ahhhhhh....Mama Red....I appreciate hearing of your experiences which are similar to mine....and how over time your "knowledge" was confirmed...somehow, I knew to hold the knowledge in the back of my mind and not to respond or react immediately based on what was initially given but over time, the knowledge/understanding was confirmed in a variety of ways and I learned to discern subtleties in the information. I even think the evalution of my belief system which I began after taking some Philosphy courses several years back was not only healthy but added another level of discernment.

I wanted to add a little comment about the "Law of Attraction"...I believe in that as well...however, my current felings of isolation have shaken me quite a bit. In all my life I have never been without friends and despite much time, energy and effort for the first 2-3 years of living in Arkansas, I have not been able to develop these. I spent a year or so feeling angry about it and periodically, I have the energy to try again...I have explored and attempted relationships with my neighbors...with ppl in the small nearby town and in the two closest larger towns..(finding BWS is the result of my most recent "expanded" attempt).

I was single for over 20 years and was not lonely during that time because of my kids AND my friends...now, I have a husband I believe is my one true soul mate but I need and want friends as well....and it just hasn't happened! Recently, I have attempted to look at myself to see if something has changed about ME that is creating the difficulty and I don't think so.

There is no way I would willingly choose to go back to my former life of friends over the marriage I have...but I just don't understand why it hasn't happened...I think it's likely a combination of the result of rural living and of being a "newcomer"....anyway...just sharing....this is my primary troubling issue these days.

#168418 - 12/21/08 10:24 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Deborahmce]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Deborah

Interesting to hear you say this...I've noticed a trend among a lot of the women of our age group...they seem to be cocooning a bit (for however long that is for each individual), then coming out of it and being a similar place as you are.

As for the Law of Attraction at work, my studies in recent years have led me to combine my focus on both Law of Attraction and the Law of Resonance. Not something I find easy to discuss in the written word (no offense intended...I happen to process verbally). A good portion of my friendships take place by phone and on this forum...I'll admit I didn't make much of an effort to find new friends when I moved from Indianapolis to Chicago...guess I was in the cocooning phase myself then.

I wish I had a nice pat answer to this one...and I don't, blast it! Other than to say it may be that those in your immediate vicinity, for the moment at least, aren't the best match for where you are in your journey. Also, are you, by any chance, holding on to some script or story (not meant in a mean way at all!) about friendships? Kinda thinking out loud on screen at the moment.

The other thing that I didn't, originally, consider when I was doing my shifting, changing and studies was the "collective consciousness" of those around me. I find I need to pay attention to that a bit more than I originally thought.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168420 - 12/21/08 10:36 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Deborahmce Offline

Hmmmm...Mama Red...interesting question: could I be "holding on to some script or story about friendships"...could you elaborate on that a bit? I'd like to explore that as a possiblity but not sure what it means!!

#168421 - 12/21/08 10:42 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
this is kind of crazy, but when i was in graduate school, i did a past life regression and i think it was dr. weiss himself. but can't remember for sure.

anyway, i was raised in a traditional religion that taught heaven and hell, but as a teen, i started investigating myself (have always been a spiritual seeker) and found that i believed in past lives. it just made the most sense to me of all of the possibilities i had heard thus far).

i also resonate with the people here (mama and deborah) who feel, as opposed to see. i have had problems with visualization exercises . . . i don't always see . . . sometimes i do, but i always get info in words or feelings. not everyone is visual. it must be a dominant way of experiencing, though, because most people who do any kind of visualization exercises usually ask you to envision this or that or note what you see.

i have also done shamanic journeying . . . and have had all kinds of experiences.

i also think we pick our parents and wonder what i was thinking in the case of one of my parents!!!

interesting thread.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#168426 - 12/21/08 11:20 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: seek]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Deborah

In my experience, and in my coaching practice, I look for the underlying belief systems around specific "stories" or scripts or circumstances. The reason I say it is harder for me to do in writing is because I listen for the energetic of the words when someone talks to me. So, I'll do my best to describe with an example, hoping that is OK and might provide a bit of insight for you.

During the last few years, I've had many say to me that I'm a "healer"...I couldn't fathom why I got terribly sick to my stomach when that was said and why I tended to run the other way from anyone saying any such thing. As time as gone on, I've realized that one of the Belief Systems (BS)I have is that those that put themselves out there to be a healer get killed or tortured or some such thing and I didn't want to do that (again, in my belief system).

Another one I've had is that friends are a "weight" on my shoulders because most of my friends in my early years were leaning on my strength and constantly draining my energy away. I didn't understand it, felt it happening and felt I HAD to do it that way. Friends, the way I had my story, were to be taken care of, lifted up, carried and then put down. As soon as I needed something they ran away because they were no longer "receiving". So, in my script, friends became something that were a drain on me and not to be trusted. However, it wasn't them, it was me and what I was attracting because of my underlying BS.

I also believed I HAD to be the one doing the carrying and shouldering of burdens because it was the only way I had known. And even when I started finding friends who were giving and caring and would help me when needed, I didn't know how to receive...I equated that with weakness. So those friends kept "running away" because they got tired of trying to help and me not letting them.

The more I look at what my underlying BS, the more I learn about what I wasn't aware of before!

I hope this example helps a little bit. If not, let me know and I'll try again! I have made no attempt to say what your beliefs might be...just that I know there is something. Whether it has been your time to cocoon and regroup a bit and now you're ready or it is something else.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168428 - 12/21/08 11:23 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Seek

I come from a similar background and have many fundamentalist family members who wonder about me...in no uncertain terms! They think I'm kind, loving, caring and giving and still believe I could be going to Hell. And I might be, I don't know!

I, too, believe we pick our parents and have wondered what in the world I was thinking. During my journey of awakening I've learned there were reasons and lessons to be learned from them. One that was exceptionally hard was when my dad decided to shun me for 8 years using Biblical principles which, I believe, he took out of context. The gift in the situation was that, although I had grown up a "devout" Daddy's girl and believed I couldn't live without his approval, I have since come to believe differently. Gots to tell ya, I would have, at least with the thinking me, *preferred* another way to learn that lesson!!! It was an extremely painful way to come into my own!

I know others don't necessarily agree with my beliefs and I have no problem whatsoever with that. My approach to working with people is to meet them where they are and focus on our commonalities ... of which I believe there are gazillions!

Edited by Mama Red (12/21/08 11:25 PM)

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168429 - 12/21/08 11:30 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Deborahmce Offline

Thanks for the thoughtful reply MamaRed..that does indeed help and I'll consider the possibility...I know you weren't implying anything...but because I am an introvert and a seeker, I'm not afraid to look at myself and wouldn't want to miss the chance to learn something further about myself...thank you, again generous one!!!

#168431 - 12/21/08 11:36 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
seek Offline

i am curious about my lesson. my mom is elderly and i manage her care. she was horribly abusive to me as a child and is capable of still being very nasty. i choose to try to interact with her on a higher level and mostly succeed. but sometimes i don't and get caught up in her negatively and games.

i cannot share my true self with her because she mocks and ridicules me. she has never seen me for who i am. just a quick example - i told her that me and my children would be making gifts for christmas this year and she said, "you can't do anything." my response was "is that what you think?" it is incredulous to me because i am very creative, but she has no clue. normally i would have been wounded by such a comment but i was able to not take it personally this time. but i have to be careful around her - i have learned to just be in the moment with no expectations and to ignore most of the digs and hateful comments. but as for what i am learning from her - the only thing i can think of is how to protect myself from evil people. how not to trust everyone or let down my guard with everyone. that kind of seems counterintuitive. seems like it would make more sense if i was learning TO trust instead of NOT TO trust, but everyone is not safe and good. some people are toxic. it is very sad when there are toxic people in one's family.

the other thing i have learned from my mother is to be independent. she did no nurturing, so i have had to take care of myself from a young age, and i have learned i was fully capable of doing so. so maybe i learned i have inner stength and resourcefulness. maybe i have learned that just because someone can't see good qualities in you doesn't mean you don't have them - so maybe it has been to trust myself and my thinking instead of trusting what other people say is true. it's an interesting exercise to see what the troubling parent might be teaching us. thank you.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

#168436 - 12/21/08 11:49 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: seek]
Deborahmce Offline

Seek...I admire your efforts to raise your interactions with AND feelings about your mother to a higher level. My mother has become somewhat less toxic now that she is 80 but it is still wise to keep the contact down to a minimum.

You know, at one point, I began to see/feel that continuing to go around my mother and subjecting myself to her abuse was no different than women who stay in an abusive relationship with a spouse and I just stopped seeing and talking with her for a long time. Eventually, the contact resumed and I found quickly that the less frequent the contact, the less frequent the abuse. Sad but true.

#168438 - 12/21/08 11:51 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Deborahmce]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Deborah

I absolutely *get* that you're a seeker...I can tell that from your posts! Like I said, I have no clue as to what the lesson or gift is for you...I only know I believe there is one and am sure you will find the perfect path for you.

And you're right, I wasn't implying anything! Thanks for understanding that...I was debating what to write so as to make sure there was no implications for you. I'm grateful for that statement...you have no idea how much!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168440 - 12/21/08 11:54 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Deborahmce Offline

Mama Red...I knew you were trying to be sensitive. I appreciated it and wanted to let you know!!! (smile!)

#168441 - 12/22/08 12:02 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

Seek

The sense I got from your words is that is exactly one of the things you learned...her strength and resourcefulness and those are powerful gifts indeed.

My DH grew up in a very abusive household...both verbally and physically...and carried a great deal of hatred and pain around his stepfather (and, in actuality, around his mother to for allowing that kind of behavior to her children). We ended up in a very interesting exercise one day where we both put ourselves in the situation that would create the kind of behaviors his stepfather and mother exhibited. It was quite enlightening and led to a great deal of compassion for this abused and hated man. As we've been together, he has been able to find more ways to forgive this abused man, slowly but surely. He has also realized how many of his behaviors he had adopted over the years, because that is what had been modeled for him. Learning to forgive has been a gift, to both our relationship and our children, because he has been able to reach out to them and give them new models to work from.

I spent so many years hearing "forgive and forget" and being unable to that it was a real gift when someone taught me a new way of looking at forgiveness and teaching me forgiveness prayers that continue to help me grow and forgive, even if I don't forgive the behavior. And I have, at times, chosen to move myself out of the situation.

During a sermon one day (I go to a Unity church), I heard the pastor say..."yes, forgiveness is important and recognizing the Light within each soul is too. That doesn't mean you stay in a situation where abuse is happening...you can recognize and honor the Light after you've gotten yourself into a safe place."

For some reason, that one really touched me and helped me look, once again, at things differently.

I in no way mean we stay in, near, or around our abusers. No one deserves that, no one!!!!! And it must be very hard to hear those kinds of things from your mother...I know it hurts, and hurts deeply and I most definitely don't condone abuse. It sounds as if you have made some shifts in your interactions with her and I congratulate you for that one.

One of the things that struck me as I read your post was that you learned you wanted to be different from her...to treat people differently, more kindly and respectfully.

My thought for the moment...blessings to you and lots of love coming your way.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168442 - 12/22/08 12:03 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Deborahmce]
Mama Red Offline

Deborah

Thank you, thank you, thank you...smile. Communicating via the written word, with no clues, is an interesting challenge, isn't it?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168460 - 12/22/08 12:51 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
seek Offline

yes, it is "all good."
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

#168463 - 12/22/08 01:01 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: seek]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Seek, someone needs to teach your mom the old adage, 'don't bite the hand that feeds you.' This is such an interesting and mind exercising thread but I have to say, the jury is still out with me on this one.

I believe in God and for 8 looooong years in Catholic school learned that 'the devils gonna get you for that.' I am not a practicing Catholic any more but all those years of brain washing have stayed engrained in my psyche and make religion a very perplexing subject for me, reincarnation too. Oh mercy!

#168473 - 12/22/08 01:48 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Chatty...one of my best friends was raised in the Catholic church and I gotta tell ya, we've had some interesting conversations! I thought I played the "guilt card" with great finesse until I met her (no unkindness intended). Wow, what a trip! What trip indeed!

And who knows what truth is...I'm sure I don't. I only know my own experience. Cripes all mighty, couldn't this journey called "life" be done with a more clearly written handbook!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168481 - 12/22/08 02:47 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
seek Offline

i know the catholic brainwashing all too well. what i tried to do is take what i loved of the tradition . . . the gothic churches, latin mass (yes, i am that old), the incense, midnight mass on christmas eve, high masses, the choir, etc.

no doubt i have remnants that are not so positive (probably chiefly the guilt).

my mom doesn't get it. she sees me as a slave. she has entitlement issues. i am sure i hang in there out of duty only. and i do believe in karma so i try to treat her as i would like to be treated (and i do fail miserably sometimes because she can be so toxic and i relatiate with my words once in awhile . . .but i have never said what i really think because it would crush her and i do not wish to add to anyone's pain.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

#168538 - 12/22/08 05:51 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: seek]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
seek, I like the way you've taken what you loved of the Catholic tradition. I've done the same. I was raised Catholic, have since joined the Presbyterian church. It was a shock to my parents and exteneded family. I'm the one who left the church, but I am also the only one of five children who attends on a regular basis and is involved. The others are C and Es at best.

While there's much I didn't like about the Catholic faith, I'm still grateful I was raised in the faith because it's the foundation of which I continued my protestant faith journey. It's all the same God and Bible, just different interpretations, rules and regulations.

#168569 - 12/22/08 09:54 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I guess we all do the same thing, those of us raised catholic. We take the good tnhings they teach and use them and enjoy them and move on to more traditional teachings to live our lives by.

I agree seek, my own mother can sometimes bring me to the edge of my chair with her words BUT she is my mother and never have I uttered a cruel word to her, and I never will. OH, I hear those words screaming in my brain but I keep my mouth closed so none can escape in a weak moment.

Dotsie, I truly believe our relationship with God is a very private matter and whatever denomination we say we are, it comes down to how we serve the Lord God in our everyday life, wouldn't you agree?. That goes for ALL religions.

#168570 - 12/22/08 10:05 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
seek Offline

just a note about my personal faith. it is not christian. i am grateful for the catholic upbringing but no longer consider myself christian. organized religion of any kind is not for me.

i consider myself spiritual and do believe in past and future lives. i believe i am here on the earth to learn earthly lessons and to experience certain things.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

#168585 - 12/22/08 11:14 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
GIMS thanks for putting in that wilcox u tube link it fits well with reincarnasion but the rest of it about the 2012 enigma was very very intresting. did you listen to the rest of it ?

#168589 - 12/22/08 11:34 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
celtic_flame Offline

thats me finalie gotten round to listening as i gad to read the whole thread first you sound reallie well and like an american frend i have heer at the moment, the two of you sound reallie alike accent and voice qyualitie too.
secondlie how brave are you to put something onto u tube, well done for that.

i also was intrested in your storie i come dowen on the side of the purpise of regresion work is to make heal or understand stuff in the hear and now too.

cool stuff.

#168592 - 12/22/08 11:46 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

i had some past regresion work done as well, this ladie was "clear sighted" and as we talked she watched the manifestasion of the old spirite or how one would have looked in that life. After the session we comared notes as i now how i looked and wanted to double test her and see how accurite she was and on the occasion with me she accuritelie described how i felt and saw myself to be. Id just like to add that i was very carefull not to lead her or give her any hints.

as for past life or not im not sure it as simple as it was once for me, weather its a seprite life experinses a soul groups experincses and any one can (belonging to that group) accsess that information or sumbolic reprisentasion as a means to work out current day issues.
I do belive healing can occure in an inexblicable way but i not so sure i can fit it all neatlie into a catogarie, over and above somethings going on! That probablie makes no sense but i found out the more i go looking and questioning the less i can neatlie catogarise and once id have sworn blind and trulie had belived in past lives.

anyway anyone else willing to share ther experinses ?this turning out to be a great topic and i think thers loads of tangents yet to be tunrned lol.

#168595 - 12/22/08 11:50 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: seek]
celtic_flame Offline

Originally Posted By: seek
organized religion of any kind is not for me.

is their no religion or spiritual group that youd belive you belong too? I know you said your not of the tradisional type but weer do you draw your spiritualitie from or base you spiritualitie upon, influenses even?

just trying to make some chatt and welcome you into the group so i am hoping that questions not gonna leave you vulriable smile

#168597 - 12/22/08 11:57 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Celtic Flame

I know what you mean about trying not to lead or give hints. I did the same thing during my past life regressions and my soul retrievals. To be honest, nothing is in a neat category for me any more...I remember when my dad got to be this age (50s or so) he said "oh yes, everything is more black and white now". Hah! Not for me, the older I get the less able I am to put things into a category that I would be willing to swear is the "one and only way".

It may be memories of an actual past life, the collective memories of millions, something i can't possibly begin to comprehend or explain.

The thing I do believe is there is wisdom within each of us, to be accessed, shared, learned from, mulled over, tasted, swallowed, spit out. I believe each person must assess, for themselves, the truth of anything they read, hear, see or feel.

It may not fit with my upbringing or what others believe AND my personal belief is there are 6 million versions/instances of the same soul, walking a different journey, learning the lessons they need to learn in the best way for them.

I so love hearing more from the women on this group...heck, I love learning about people and their belief systems, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At one time, I wanted to be a cultural anthropologist...I didn't have the guts to buck the norm at the time. So now I get to learn about cultures by being on the internet, being a coach, and being a speaker.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168601 - 12/23/08 12:13 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Celtic Flame

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was a very interesting exercise in learning about new technology! Of course my son tells me, after I spent all day figuring it out, "gee mom, I could have helped you with that...why didn't you ask?". I forgot he spent some time at University learning those kinds of things.

Where is your American friend from? How long do you get to spend time together?

I'm looking at creating some additional recordings to put on YouTube...my challenge is that I do better responding to question or statement of some sort...I don't do as well just trying to come up with something out of the blue!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168612 - 12/23/08 01:58 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
celtic_flame Offline

i honestlie could't pinpoint her locasion that accuritlie lol

i forget to ask that type of stuff along with "oh and what is your last name anyway "lol in favour of having the bigger chats lol.
i know it was within california, so you sound similare voice tone qualitie and intinasion as her, you just sound very familure to me.

well you learned the hard way how to do it but i bet you won't forget how to do it lol.

what is soul retreaval?
how is it diffrent from PLR?

#168613 - 12/23/08 02:01 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh the other part of the question time spent together i meet her at womens camp over summer and seen her 1 or 2 times a mounth sinse then as she dating someone heer, she's living in southern ireland so it 6 hrs buss drive away but she up regulare enough.

how about trying to answere that question about soul retrival and PLR maybe a quick one in written form (i am impasionst lol) and answereing it more detailed just talking it out if you wanna try doing some more. Would you be willing to do that?

#168681 - 12/23/08 05:18 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

Oh goodness, Celtic...you have me remembering my desire to come to Ireland/Scotland/Wales. I've never had much interest in England...something about the Celtic "fire" (or at least my perception of it) has always had me intrigued. Technically, I'm what my family calls a "mutt"...a little bit of this, a little bit of that. However, what I "claim" is my Scots/Irish heritage (and with the red hair and passionate personality, I fit the stereotype...grin).

I'm a big one for big chats...I can't count the times I haven't asked where someone was from, what their last name was or any of that stuff. I tend toward what I consider "important" stuff...like spiritual belief systems, cultural beliefs, family, and all that jazz!

As for the remembering how to do the recording and conversion from audio to video again, we'll see! I've written technical documentation for 25 years...you would *think* I would have written down the steps. But NOOOOOOOOOOOO...that didn't happen 'cuz I was so darned excited that it worked and had done a gazillion different things to get there. So, this time, if I can't figure it out right away I will a) get my son to help and b) write down the blasted steps! Grin...

As for the differences between a soul retrieval and past life regression, let me mull this over and think of a good way to describe them...they will, of course, be descriptions according to MamaRed...not the textbook. Or maybe they'll be a combination!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168682 - 12/23/08 05:24 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

OOPS, just read the second part of your message. Very awesome that you get to see your friend so frequently. I have many friends in many places (many whom I've never met, like those on this list)...and my connection to them is via computer, so I'm extremely grateful for technology and for the fact that I've spent about 35 years of my 51 years playing around with it!

Impatient are you? Hum...gee, I wonder who else might have that trait (can you see me point my finger at myself!).

Soul Retrieval: The core belief is that, as we go through our lives we leave "pieces" of ourselves behind, especially when there is something traumatic (like rape or abuse) and that we can only be whole when all the pieces are returned. The Soul Retrievals I have had were very interesting and returned some "pieces" that I didn't even know were missing. The sessions are on tape...and I don't have a tape player any more, darn it! A Shaman travels into the the other worlds (lower/upper) and brings back what they are directed to by their guides and your guides.

PLR: A process by which a facilitator takes you (in my experience, via hypnosis) back in time to another life to learn lessons, pick up information, or gain clarity on something that is going on in your life. A couple of the ones I had were emotionally painful and really explained some things in this life for me.

Does that explanation help, at all?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168686 - 12/23/08 06:44 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
DJ Offline

p.s. Mama Red -- I want you to know I'm right over here in Evanston now visiting family (mom is out having her hair done at the moment). Was out driving and shopping -- parking lots are sheets of ice though -- doesn't Illinois shovel and salt any more, or did Blogoavich use the money for something else? LOL

#168726 - 12/23/08 11:47 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: DJ]
Mama Red Offline

Hey DJ...welcome to the neighborhood. I hope you're having a wonderful visit even with the nasty road conditions! For the record, I'm starting to think the "Big B" is out having a party with those funds! Oh goodness, did I just say that? OOPS...LOL.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168763 - 12/24/08 04:02 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Talking about this post last night with friends and I was given two choices...Either I was 'Ma Kettle' in my past life or my new male friend said, 'Cleopatra.' Well shut my mouth, now who do you think I choose, he, he, and peel me a grape please won't you Antony!!!

#168777 - 12/24/08 08:27 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

thanks mamma R.

i tranned and do hypnosis including past life regresion which aint always so populare as i come from an academic field, pain in the a** as its something i intuitivlie feel and let someone else do the proven by fact.

I have douted if some past life stuff was also hidden or represt messages that happend this life that was symboliclie being reprisented as a past life just couse the psychie can handle it better. Its part of my confusion but i don't think it interfears with anything as id go with whomevers belife system about it if i be working with them.

During my tranning ther was a chunck done for intensive practicale work, during one of the sessions i worked with a women i had felt a strong conection with, id meet her the day before my course at a healing daire in a totalie diffrent part of the countrie. I either bonded and had a psychik conection with her or our strong feeling of conection was becouse she was part of my "soul group" (bunch of souls come dowen to earth together do what we need to do but we acting as a collective and all the groups experinses was as one, in the afterlife or energetic level.

I meet this women and loved her, big word but what it was, she guided me through my toufest practical work, iv had a few emails but never saw her again as i think our work was done together :)I hope you know that "type of love" i mean its electric comphorting and calm and just so familure has nuthing to do with crushes or sexulized love its just absulute love in its proper and purest form, anyway lol but during part of the two diffrent teachniquies for doing PLR she and i retrived the same life, with the same circumstanse, with the same names, and outcomes at the same time. so id either tuned into her in a diffrent locasion of the building or her too I or we were infact part of the same soul group.

would you have any other explinasion for that type of stuff happening?

i went to learn hyponitheripie from this wee women and came back having had one of the most intensive spiritual experinses id had lol. I found the course by accident phoned the women and within 2 minets id decided to spend several thousand pounds and go to a unusule and expensive locasion. Hence meeting her (the tranner) and this other women. Those moments weer your weer you should be doing the same stuff you exactlie should be doing. it was that type of time.

I so get what you mean by soul retreval, why it occures and how its healing. Id just not heared it called by that name. Prettie cool stuff.

i read youd done a load of transformasional work i have done too with an american from az, he made frequint trips back to ireland as its in need of some spiritual light and a lot of peopole stay heer for that reason weeer energeticalie theyd be more comphortable elseweer, powerfull stuff all of it.

weer did you do your transformational work?
anyone else done this type of process?

#168778 - 12/24/08 08:30 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh mamma red come to ireland youd have one frend and a comphortable enough if you don't expect 5 stars place to based yourself while you explored heer.

naturalie i am biased towards scotland edinburgh and findhorn i think you might love.

as for the celtic flame lol its from an old 10 yr + email address that i just can't drop lol. but i am a hot wee potatoe lol.

#168779 - 12/24/08 08:30 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

chattie who is ma kettle?

#168791 - 12/24/08 10:15 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

There are some oldie but goodie movies made before color movies came out, and there was a very poor family, Ma and Pa Kettle, country folk and the Kettle kids. Lots of kids. He was a farmer of sorts, a lazy loafer who widdled alot, can't remember his real name. She, Ma was Marjorie Mane, a well know star of her day, she played the cotton house dress clad mother of the clan, and she was bossy and smart for her time, she solved all the problems. They were both good comedic actors of their day. I love those old movies, hard to find now though...

#168809 - 12/24/08 02:20 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Oh Chatty...Cleopatra, for sure. Have ya got any of the deep black kohl to put on your eyes (grin). Seductive, brilliant, powerful, creative, forceful, knowledgeable. Yup, I see it!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168818 - 12/24/08 03:09 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Celtic and a grand good mornin' from the slushy, mushy, Chicagoland area of the US.

I adore reading your posts sweetie (in case I hadn't said that, I thought it was time!). I've been reading what you, and others, have said about racism and all sorts of other topics. I find myself wanting to read all of it and am disciplining myself to stay on track with launching my inspirational speaking and coaching business too! Since I tend toward the "all or nothing" approach, finding that balance has been a real challenge!

And thank you for the invitation to visit...I'm truly blessed and honored (and believe me, not have a 5 star location isn't an issue...I'm much more interested in the "soul" of you, your partner and son than I am 5 stars! Not that I can't be spoiled and love luxury too...lol.

I'm sure I would love all of the places you mention and I've read about and feel an affinity toward. By the way, you speaking of Scotland reminded me of a book series I read, which I found quite interesting, both for the premise of it and the pure historical novel approach (I love historical novels). The series is "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon...

My "old" email address was "passionateliving2002@gmail.com and my online dating address was passionate lives...boy, did I get some interesting "proposals" based on those names! I thought of it more in terms of living life passionately...some of the guys I "met" took it a very different way!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168859 - 12/25/08 12:19 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
celtic_flame Offline

i just changed by bit at the bottom of what one poststo what it is now.

the last one i had up was by the ecstatic poet rumi, which reads" passion must containe surrender in order to be true" its circluare and changes weatehr you put pashion in the line.
I love this poet and his work and this particulare line so much and it hold pariculare meaning for me i had it tatooes on my bodie lol. Also i don't mean sexule passion either but i think passions held and ment the same way you use it.

THANK YOU for the compliments on my posts, i think our loaud and i sure i ramble and i am sure the ladies are used to me but the blows to the confidens to myself at a young age regarding my litracie sometimes reares its head in this written cyber world. I turned it into a postive and worked and studied hard to prove the illitarite tag wrong. So i made this pain work for me now its not such a driving force but i will studie again when my sons able to let me, its just circumstanse at the moment not perminent but just how it currentlie is.

someweer else you weer talking about the energie or intension behind words and weather they weeken or strenthen us, i also belive this and can feel it when its spocken, written word gets me too insucure to estimate my accuricay.

weer did you learn to do this? did it develop or was it studied? who was/is your inspirasion.

Northern irelands a very strange place generallie but also and maybee more reliventlie its strange energeticalie. Its one worth tasting lol.
if ever that urge gets strong enough to go visit the celts or the uk ones let me know if you fancie giving into it.

My sons a darline, and worth meeting as the wee person that he is. Lola from this forum has meet him, poppie of course knew him farlie well.
thats who's in this household and we are a good fit for each other in several ways.

i am glade you are enjoying the threads and chats and decided to stick around smile

#168928 - 12/26/08 03:28 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Very fascinating thread. There is much food for thought here indeed.

I am still on the fence about this. I have a tendency to lean towards the DNA perspective. But I had another thought, and it is only a thought... Could it be possible that our past lives were in another realm? I believe there is definitely more in the universe than the flesh life on this planet. So why not consider the possibility of past lives in an alternative universe, another dimension? Food for thought anyway.

MamaRed, you sounded like Jamie Lee Curtis...this is a compliment BTW!

Seek, I can relate to your quest. All my life I have had questions and have been searching for answers myself. I grew up in the Greek Orthodox church. I really love the mysticism, but unfortunately, I feel the church is full of dead rituals. I tried so many of the other Christian denominations and if they are not using scare tactics, they are using guilt tactics. I don't do well being tied up in chains, metaphorically speaking. I certainly do not mean any disrespect for the sisters in this forum who attend these churches. We all have our own answers to find in our own timing!

Great conversation. Thanks Meredith for bringing this up? Have you had any experience?

I Love you alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#168930 - 12/26/08 05:48 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Cathi, a bunch. Although I can't prove anything, I'm pretty sure. I know enough to have written about 2 of them. A third one, I KNOW but want to research certain things before I write the poem, and a 4th one I suspect. Plus friends have told me of others.

I've mostly seen events very close to my time of death, in the 3 I remember and glimpses of the 4th.

Poet and essayist

#168963 - 12/26/08 03:29 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: meredithbead]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Celtic

Interesting that you bring up Rumi...I've heard so many recitations of his poetry and his saying and I've always enjoyed them, although I have never picked up a book or accessed a website to read his work directly. Guess it keeps falling off the to-do list or my "NSOS" (next shiny object syndrome) keeps kicking in!

I understand about blows to our confidence when we're young...they can do a LOT of damage, can't they? Although I'm moving through it, I can still hear the voices of teachers, parents, and other family members making fun of or being frustrated by my "talkativeness". Like you, I'm putting that pain to another use...which is why I am moving into coaching and speaking. Although my talkativeness was not always seen as a gift, I'm choosing to see it that way now and leverage it for the positive instead of the negative! I'm also learning how to use silence to the positive instead of feeling that I'm not being heard (which was the story I have had for years and years!).

RE: the energy of words. You asked how I came to that knowledge. I'm not actually sure where it started...I've always "known" it somehow and used that knowledge, unconsciously, in my technical writing and speeches. However, that natural understanding was enhanced as I went through many different training classes and began to notice the trends in people's speech patterns. About 3.5 years ago I was in a course that opened my eyes to lots of different things (it was called Beyond Your Best and was, with all 3 levels I took, about 6 months of training). It was called a "transformational leadership/coaching program" and it royally kicked my butt in a lot of ways! The exercises were, many times, difficult and always opened my eyes. There was also some "harm" done by inexperienced volunteer leaders...which also became a learning for me.

My most recent foray into understanding the power of words was work with the Law of Attraction, Law of Resonance and a coaching program I attended with a woman named Dr. Fern Kazlow. She is a traditionally trained therapist who merged that training with many energetic healing modalities. I combined what I already knew with her teachings and have moved into a focus on helping people rewrite the stories by looking, carefully and closely, at the stories they are telling and the words they are using to tell those stories. I have, slowly but surely, started to let myself "listen without listening" to hear the energetic feeling of the person I'm speaking with.

I can feel it in written words, but not so easily and with a bit less confidence than when I'm hearing someone speak. Maybe that is because I have always had a deep connection to the spokent word. In fact, many years ago, my teacher/therapist/friend tried to explain that the spoken word is actually how I process information...my former husband was thoroughly irritated (dare I say pissed off) about my tendency to talk through everything and how I could shift perspectives between the beginning and ending of a conversation!

I'm not sure if I answered your question, so let me know! So much of what has come to me in the last few years has been a combination of what I already "knew" somewhere deep inside and what resonated about the information I was receiving from another from the outside.

I'm finally getting comfortable in my own skin as I learn more...I've had these gifts since I was a child (or a wee one...I love that saying, did I tell you that). However, I was definitely not in an environment or society who honored intuition and non-scientific gifts.

Now, speaking of rambling!!!!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168964 - 12/26/08 03:32 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Wisdom&Life

I shall take your comparison as a compliment and say "thank you"! That is the first time I've been compared to her...more commonly I've been compared to Carol Burnett (took me years to consider that a compliment...grin).

I think your points are quite possible...the term "past life" is only a way for me to hang words on something I can't otherwise explain. I think it is eminently possible that it could be the DNA perspective or a parallel universe. All I can truly "explain" is what it feels like and that is that what I know and what I experienced in my daily life, past life regressions, and soul retrievals is NOT of this lifetime.

Make any sense?

I look forward to hearing more from you and about you and definitely agree with the approach many Christian denominations take.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168987 - 12/26/08 07:08 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Celtic...realized I had never commented on your experience during your hypnosis training!

I don't know the why of the situation...I do know I've learned to trust that those who have crossed my path are there for a reason and have learned to honor the connections. I've got a couple of friends who swear we must have shared the same body at some time...and it often feels that way!

When I was originally introduced to The Passion Test, there was an offer made to become a Certified Facilitor and I knew immediately it was something I wanted to do. No back-and-forth about the finances or time or anything, simply what felt like someone pushing my buns out of the chair to sign up! It is a simple tool that serves as the foundation of my coaching program...because I believe you need to know what is most important to you before you can focus on it. And this is from a person who has been unwilling, in the past, to commit to a specific approach 'cuz I might miss out on something happening somewhere else. Learning to trust me, and the messages I receive, my "intuition" if you will, has been a challenge in a big way!

The same thing happened when I decided to sign up for Beyond Your Best (the transformational leadership program I've mentioned elsewhere)...I simply *KNEW* it was now, the right time and out came the credit card.

I wish I had paid a bit more attention to that voice before I handed my credit card over for some other training programs. There simply wasn't the connection and it was more of a practical decision regarding the business of speaking and coaching. Interesting, very interesting process we're going through, eh?

I haven't had formal training in past life regression or hypnosis either. AND I have had several experiences where it seemed that I did that with people...without trying. It simply happened. The most interesting one, to me anyway, was when my DH was still my fiancee. We were saging his apartment and got to the bedroom and finished that process. The next thing I knew, he was sinking into my arms and I knew, somehow, that we had gone somewhere else. In fact, I had become a hawk and he was flying on my back over a river valley near where he lived. It was probably my most offbeat, unexplainable and unique experience ever!!!!!!!

Now ya'll we'll probably think I'm totally nuts (grin)...and I may be!

Edited by Mama Red (12/26/08 07:08 PM)

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#169027 - 12/26/08 11:45 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
celtic_flame Offline

lol no not totalie nuts, not at all can't speack for other women but its my view i can onlie give you.

" the sharring the same bodie" seems to be the type of thing onlie id called it sould group above or id had a connection with this women meeting her the day before my tranning and descoverring we both in diffrent home towens but we meet and she would be at my course also. Their was stuff we done together that was very movving in terms of healing in this world, i felt a physical pain and the burn go while under and then be southed, my her. I also done PLR with her but in one of the times she went to a diffrent time freme, a diffrent planet. One can see someone go through the changes as they enter diffrent levels of hypnosis and for this other planet she recelected as a child i held my breth as i though she had stopped breathing. Left door open and got our couch (teacher) as id never seen it before my teacher seldome sen it but has witness others go beyond normale hypnotic depth if you like to other planets.

It takes a big leap of faith for plr then another for plr to other planets or dimensions or both as WISDOM AND LIFE Was saying. very very fasinating and i am still looking for someone who knows this or can explain it. I am intuitive in life, i was so as a kid, my scientific tranning knowed a bit of it out me for a while or i just chose not to belive ME lol untill i could prove it. For last 10-15 intision came back.

Sometimes i listen sometimes i don't. Sometimes it leads me to the most unusule of places weer it looks like i am sufferring via a situasion and sometimes i have suffered BUT it was sufferring to learn a leason! or soften and change a bit of my personalitie. Change isen't always happie soft it can be harsh and dramatic but i still belive its weer i should have been at that time regardless. Other times i hurt its becouse iv had no idea or just plain stupiditie or iv gone in the face of that voice, i a big stuborn hallion lol my stuborness a gift and a curse at same time and i still learning flexibilitie.

That voice saved life maybee on two occasions but cost me both times. Overall a lot was learned that i needed learning about. such is the way.

#169029 - 12/26/08 11:56 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

my life is full of shiny objects and people too, its the same term I use for it also. Thats becouse they glow to me and thats the bottom line.

thers also something obsesive about me and its to do with not ridding oneself (me of an energie) so part of energie transformasion was learning to let go of what had not been delt with by another weather i had or had not delt with it myself (still hooking me)

i love sciense hypnotheripy and psycholicie, thats my background BUT this area and energie areas need a merging. thats what i am always looking for and why i was so intrested in the type of energie recognision and following of it you been talking about for last wee while.

i worked (volentrie) for spiritualist church as a healer and doing what their more famouse for, in fact they provided explinasions for some stuff that was always their but was waking up more, the wakening up was cousing trouble while working as a counceller. I learned how to close dowen and also what it was i was feeling, seeing and hearring. I was their for years, but the shine left and onwards i went waiting and looking for next shinie thing or place of direction.

i like your rambling as stuff pops out their lol.
I like other wo,en rambling becouse they sometimes say what they should be saying during that ramble, that we would't logicalie say or say consisivlie.

every once in a while chat like this breakes out and its very open with several women. however don't say more than youd be happie to or you'd be left feeling vulruable about, it is an open formum. The women still talk to me and i been doing it awhile smile

so if theirs judment it dose't (to my knowlage) stop frenships.

#169067 - 12/27/08 03:22 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Oh wow Meredith, this is so neat! I know I must've been spiritual because all my life I have searched and searched for answers. It's like a hunger I have had for knowledge and sensing there is much much more than we know. I've had that feeling since I was a child and I first heard of God. I wanted to know more since then.

MamaRed, you are intriguing and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Celtic, it is nice to see you again.

I will say this emphatically, we existed before this flesh life. Now whether it is having a past life in the flesh before or whether we lived in a different spiritual plane, that remains to be studied further. But I do not buy into, our spirit was created the same time we were conceived. I intuitively feel we existed before. So yes MamaRed, you are making sense!

Another point to ponder here. Maybe this is the reason we only use 10% of our brain, could this be the reason we do not have total recall? Maybe the part of not remembering has to do with having to find the answers ourselves. Maybe if we knew, we would mess things up by trying to manipulate events to happen and thus, we throw everything out of balance.

Now it's my turn to ask. Am I making sense?

Cheers,
Cathi

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved