The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#157039 - 08/21/08 11:41 AM Filling son's empty room
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It's time. One of our bedrooms ia totally empty. Our oldest left and took his bedroom furniture. Our youngest left, but didn't take his because his apartment is furnished. I'm considering moving our youngest's stuff into the vacant rooma nd making his old room a study for hubby.

What have you all done with empty bedrooms?

#157041 - 08/21/08 12:01 PM Re: Filling son's empty room [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
My youngest was really quick at moving into his brother's larger room when he left. The smaller room is an odd shape, about 10x25. We turned one end into an office for my hubby and the other end into a home gym. (do I use it? no...)

I think when my last son moves out, we'll turn his room into a guest/hobby room.

Dotsie, do you still have tons of their stuff? When my son left, he didn't take much of his personal belongings - yearbooks, photos, notes, star wars collection, etc. I have boxes of this kind of thing in our closets.

K

#157050 - 08/21/08 02:28 PM Re: Filling son's empty room [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Since our youngest also left, he couldn't move into the bigger room. However, my daughter who is home for the summer asked if she could have TWO rooms. Honey, there ain't no way I'm letting her have two rooms in this house. One MESSY room is enough. It's amazing how neat she keeps her dorm room, and how ridiculous her room here looks. She's a saver and a stacker. Piles are all over the place. HELP!

I like the idea of a little gym, but like you, I'm not likey to use it. Sigh...

Our oldest is Type A so he always got rid of stuff as he moved along. The only stuff he has is what he wants to have. Everything else was always given away to friends or charities. So yes, all his stuff is gone, absolutely gone!

Now the other son sounds like yours. In fact, there's a pile of Star Wars figures in a pile on his floor right now. When the oldest moved, he liked a wooden box the youngest left behind. So what did he do? Called his brother and asked if he could have it. He said yes so #1 son dumps all the action figures (years old) from the neat, wooden box, onto the floor, and runs with the neat box. And there the mess sits because I haven't made time to do anything about it. They're all so different, aren't they? The youngest has Toy Story figurines, yo-yos, magazines, stacks of photos, yearbooks, posters, old shoes, clothes...get the picture?

#157514 - 08/25/08 05:31 PM Re: Filling son's empty room [Re: Dotsie]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
This all reads "Relief" to me. Both our boys left Stuff, & I do mean stuff. There are assortments in both of their walk-in closets from Hot wheels etc to College text books, yearbooks, sand from the East and West coast beaches, karate gear, rodeo gear, bat bags, basketballs, disfunctional electrical items son #1 swears he needs, stuffed animals that hold sentimental value,,,,,gee I don't dare peek anymore. Guilty, stuff I brought home after the passing of my Mom got wedged in there too. I do swear to have each of these MEN come home at some point specifically to take a day and Clean out their respective closets. with a Take it or toss it rule enforce. As far as a vacant room, once the boys were out, I realized w/ a hid-a-bed in the den, sleeping quarters at the shop & 2 now spare bedrooms..I laid claim to our guest room as MY hide-out/office/gym. & Love it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved