The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#156443 - 08/15/08 01:04 AM Need to camoflage AC unit with ????
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have posted this question on several 'gardening' sites, but so far no luck. I know that there are some avid gardeners here, so I thought I'd pick your brains.....

My AC unit is on the back of my house, we border on a golf course. The previous owners had shrubs that were huge, they pruned them so that they actually looked like huge light bulbs(all growth at the top and rounded.) There wasn't anything to do but remove them. So, I'm looking for something to camouflage the unit. We are restricted from using fencing, etc. (condo association rules....)

DH doesn't like the look of arborvitaes - which is unfortunate, because that is about the only thing that I can think of that would work. With Fall approaching, it is an ideal time to get something planted - but what? I'd appreciate any advice. Gardening is not something that comes naturally to me. I have a morning glory plant that is all vine and NO flowers.... laugh That's sad.....

#156449 - 08/15/08 01:31 AM Re: Need to camoflage AC unit with ???? [Re: browser57]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Would you be allowed to paint foliage on the unit cover? Or paint it the color of your brick.

They make A/C unit covers to protect them. They are like grill covers, some insulated, I think. They aren't ugly and they protect your A/C from harsh weather, along with making it more energy efficient (I understand). I can call the local dealer who showed me one, if you'd like. Too late tonight, but tomorrow. Maybe Lowe's or Home Depot has something.

#156453 - 08/15/08 01:53 AM Re: Need to camoflage AC unit with ???? [Re: gims]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Pompous grass is always so beautiful. It's flowing and very artistic.

Here's a link to one...they grow so big and beautiful. I love to look how they flow in the sunlight.

http://static.flickr.com/99/251902259_a79b6a4a2b.jpg

#156462 - 08/15/08 02:56 AM Re: Need to camoflage AC unit with ???? [Re: Di]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama

#156463 - 08/15/08 02:57 AM Re: Need to camoflage AC unit with ???? [Re: chickadee]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Why not just put potted plants all around it in the summer and cover it in the winter?

#156465 - 08/15/08 03:57 AM Re: Need to camoflage AC unit with ???? [Re: chickadee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
LOL... chick, the KC article said paint - but he paints them camo. I was thinking more floral. And I searched your cover accessory link, but didn't find a cover for an a/c. The cover I was shown looked like a dull silver (about the color of the teflon ironing board covers) insulated, boxy looking slip on. Hard to describe. He had them for round units, too, but they were in a book. I forgot to mention him saying they have a noise buffering quality, too.
I love the potted plant idea. A plant stand that could be moved for maintenance...

#156495 - 08/15/08 03:28 PM Re: Need to camoflage AC unit with ???? [Re: Di]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Wow - thanks everyone for the great ideas. It gives me a lot to think about. Covering it with any sort of structure would no doubt have to be approved - but, I hope to get to the garden centers this weekend. I like the Pompous grass - but wonder if it would affect the AC in anyway. I love the way it looks, year round. We did have a neighbor that caught heck for not cutting his back in the Fall. The following spring, it was flying everywhere. It didn't bother me one bit, but some people complained. Condo living is challenge. Someone is usually not happy.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved