The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#151542 - 06/19/08 06:08 AM Re: Mammogram [Re: Princess Lenora]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Thanks, Ladies.

Quote:

One thing Lola that has been achieved re breast clinics here is that no time is wasted.

Quote:

When a woman has an indication that a lesion needs to be further examined, she'll "usually" get a phone call right away.

Precisely how it was prior to my hysterectomy and I trust immediate attention remains the same if and when result gives due concern. The recalls followed each other closely (it was I who had to re-schedule appointments thrice because of prior engagements), so it is quite assuring that one is monitored.

#151543 - 06/19/08 03:00 PM Re: Mammogram [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

QBall
UK has a wonderful system hard fought for and earned through post ww2s politics.

Problem of meltdown due to expecation and advances in treatment.And an aging population.

With careful handling and more investment it should go on .
I care deeply for the Nation Health Service (NHS) which has provided well for me and mine.
If interested look up
The Beveridge Plan.United Kingdom.
Mountain ash

#151544 - 06/19/08 03:19 PM Re: Mammogram [Re: Mountain Ash]
QBall101 Offline

Mountain Ash,
I will look up Beveridge, it's always interesting to see how things work in different areas of our world.

**Oh, and just to clarify, I didn't mean that I agreed w/ my friend that Breast Cancer odds are remote...quite the contary that's why I wanted to scream..My cancer scare was just 11 months after Loosing My Own Mom to a long fought battle with Breast Cancer. The actual scream was from ppl making light of the possibility...In my journal there's a page titled.."Did You hear me, are you morons listening? I could have breast cancer?"
QB

#151545 - 06/19/08 04:10 PM Re: Mammogram [Re: QBall101]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, holding you close while you wait. Are you keeping yourself busy today?

I've heard horror stories about people having to wait on things like this, but just to share some good news on the topic:

I found a lump behind my ear and made a doctor appt. All in one day, I went to the first doctor who felt it and was concerned. He immediately sent me walking to another office within the same building. That doctor was also concerned. He sent me to the head of head and neck surgery in the cancer clinic right after that. He was concerned, did a needle biopsy on the spot - shared that he thought it was benign and that I'd get my results the next day. I did. It was benign, but the last doctor I saw became my surgeon and I had the dang thing removed. They slit open the side of my face, behind my ear and into my scalp. Though it may sond awful, it really was fine, except when I ate, I salivated out of my head through the incision. What a riot. I remember being out at dinner and holding the napkin behind my ear.

Anyway, I was so grateful for the way I was treated the first day. Even though I knew something might be up, I was happy to roll from one office to the next.

Lola, looking forward to hearing an update.

Edited by Dotsie (06/19/08 07:54 PM)

#151546 - 06/19/08 05:57 PM Re: Mammogram
Lola Offline

Many thanks. I take to news as it comes and thankfully much too busy to fret, Dotsie. Also, having had a scare once which resulted in my hysterectomy, makes one a bit of a veteran with the waiting period, I guess. Well, there's also the sigmoidoscopy to look forward to mid-week next. Aaaack!

#151547 - 06/19/08 07:19 PM Re: Mammogram [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

What's ten inches Lola...could be worse.

You do know I'm kidding
lol

#151548 - 06/19/08 07:53 PM Re: Mammogram [Re: Lola]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Lola..good luck!!!

#151549 - 06/19/08 08:23 PM Re: Mammogram [Re: humlan]
Lola Offline

Thanks, Humlan.

Yep, MA. I was told that the other went through the whole maze

#151550 - 06/28/08 05:35 PM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

I'm clear! YEHEY!

Also, had my sigmoid midweek following which the colo-rectal surgeon referred me for a barium procedure Wednesday next. I get to have my prep prodecure done at home with two sachets of Picolax the day before, which I find a relief.

#151552 - 06/28/08 06:36 PM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: ]
Lola Offline

Thanks, Anne. The news came in today by post which meant that the waiting period for the "all clear" was actually shorter than I had been told. A fine thing.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved