The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#149509 - 05/31/08 12:55 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That Dee...you gotta love her. Am I right? Just let me know. I'll put my pickin' gloves on, girlfriend. Wuhoo! I freeze them too. And they keep a long, long time that way,too!

#149510 - 05/31/08 06:12 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Whew...JJ is it as hot up in your neck of the woods as it is down here? The humidity isn't so bad as the heat...91 and rising) good grief...even my sweet Larry is grumpy (not in his nature to be). The sun is getting to him.

#149511 - 05/31/08 06:50 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Hubby and I were sitting in the backyard at our fire pit in the dark about 3 nights ago. We were "bat watching." Yep, that's our current backyard birds. Wanna see a pic???? ewww, I won't do that to ya.

#149512 - 05/31/08 11:22 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yipee, and then I'll bake you some pecan treats. I doubt a pecan pie would fare well in transit through the mail.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#149513 - 06/02/08 03:19 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Chatty...when I can get you some pecans...you hang on to them dear and enjoy them. But, the thought is sweet.

Jane...yes pictures. I love pictures...that would be so cool. when I was a kid we lived in Piedmont Ala. on the side of a large hill...in the evenings the bats would come out and we'd throw a tennis ball in the air...the bats would dive at the ball until realizing it wasn't a bug...it was fun playing with them. We have two bat houses but so far no bats...maybe they're all at your house, Jane. Aren't they great!!!

#149514 - 06/02/08 08:48 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

How did I miss this post Dee.I have been gardening lots and paying less attention here.

Owls..I love them.I was Grey Owl for the Brownie pack.And my friend Brown Owl.
I see them in the evening where a Barn owl is like a ghost vrossing the road as I drive past....the barn.
Critters...here we have deer hedgehogs tame birds.who eat from husbands hand..and three Highland cattle who gaze with eyelashed eyes and huge horns even the baby over my hedge,
Sea gulls come when the fields are being ploughed and some gulls are huge..
I am a child a heart where critters are involved.Favourites are cats owls donkeys and my birds.
Mountain ash

#149515 - 06/02/08 11:34 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Mountain...gosh, I'm so jealous...first, you live in the UK and second you have so many wonderful animals. When I lived in Winslow England I remember the hedgehogs...they were cute little tiny things. Do you have any photos to share? (I'm not gardening at the moment...too hot...but doing a LOT of watering). And starting another quilt.
I'd love to see a photo of one of one of your hedgehogs. The owls sound soooooooo very cool. They are magnificent, aren't they.

#149516 - 06/03/08 12:12 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
Mij Offline

grin

#149517 - 06/03/08 02:03 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Mij]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When living in Illinois I use to go to the unpainted plaster cast store and I would buy statues of owls, take them home and paint them, then varnish them. MY whole house was owls and some were even purchased by friends that saw them, and some I painted and gave as gifts. Funny how I am reminded of that after so many years...

Edited by chatty lady (06/03/08 02:05 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#149518 - 06/03/08 12:51 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Mij, wow now that's cool. The website was really fascinating to watch and then the other links accompanying it was awesome. I've become a lover of owls and for you to share this with me is so sweet of you. Thanks so much. I'll keep watching the owlcam.

Chatty, do you have any owls left that you know of with someone you may have given them to? Isn't is amazing how one event or memory from one person on this site will lead to us remembering things that we hadn't thought about in some time. Fun!!! You could start a new hobby, Chatty, painting owls and selling them.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved