The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#149498 - 05/29/08 10:52 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: writegirl1949]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You know...I happen to think that she's writing a story around it and will be submitting to a mag...and if she let me post it here, it would be considered PUBLISHED...so I'll have to wait on the fawn story.

We want all writers to get as many bucks as they can for the words....right? RIGHT!

#149499 - 05/29/08 11:32 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

You're right...I didn't think of that. When will your friend's story be published? (The hunk says hey!!).

Francine...I'll have to look up a pygmy owl..I never knew there were so many until I began looking for ours. They're so beautiful and so graceful and silent to be so big. I'd love to see your photos.

I hope more folks who love animals post on this forum...this is so cool

#149500 - 05/30/08 12:32 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I don't have a clue when she'll have it published. I don't think she's completed it yet. She shared the pic and the synopsis with me..and it was adorable!

That owl with the red eyes looks like the son of chucky...EW. What happened to his/her wings? Didn't they get shortchanged? Oh wait...that's not his/her wings in the front, is it? Oh good grief...from what do I know owls? Oh even more good grief...I'm Jewish already. MEREDITH! Listen to me! I'm Jewish!

#149501 - 05/30/08 01:15 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

JJ...you're not right!!!! LOL. Yeah, the owl of chucky was a bit wwwooooaaaaahhhhhhhhh. It's cuz I used a flash, but it was so dark if I hadn't I coudln't have seen it.

But, you're right...it does look like stubby wings...I had that exact thought...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...but, it's something to do with them losing baby feathers and getting adult feathers...or something like that...I don't know...I'm clueless when it comes to owls, too.

I'm thinking we could make a huge cutout of the owl of chucky and put it in our corn garden and pecan tree to discourage the squirrels...think it would work?

#149502 - 05/30/08 02:15 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

It would work for me, girl. LOL! You have a PECAN tree? I have just become your new best friend. Does it yield?

#149504 - 05/30/08 07:27 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: writegirl1949]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My home in McHenry, IL. was surrounded by a wooded area and the trees, some of them, were over 100 years old.
One morning while going out to walk Shadow, my Doberman, I saw what looked to be a baseball size ball of cotton in my driveway, and the dog freaked. I had to make him sit and stay while I checked it out, you see the cotton ball was moving... It turned out to be a baby owl, and the cutest thing I ever saw. I couldn't spot the mother or see a nest so I put it in a box and called the bird sanctuary. A woman and man came and looked and looked for the nest to no avail so took the little fluffy white baby with them to the sanctuary where it would lve out its life... They are such gently birds, and so beautiful too.

Edited by chatty lady (05/30/08 07:28 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#149505 - 05/31/08 01:19 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Chatty...what a cute story! And how lucky for the owl that you came along when you did. Owls have become my new favorite bird.

Anne...glad you like the photos...we look for them every evening but they've been elsewhere...maybe tomorrow morning.

JJ...our pecan tree was planted last year but it's growing like a weed...probably won't produce for years...BUT here's what happened last year. Larry's mom has two pecan trees that kicked butt last year with pecans. He and I were on our hands and knees most of a day picking up as many as we could. They are the really old timie, good tasting pecans. We took them to be shelled at a place in Mobile and when I went back the next day no one could find our pecans. The man who'd taken our pecans was drunk (he was the owner). Larry was on a train and I had to call him to tell him that our pecans were MIA. He asked to speak to someone who wasn't drunk and commenced to chew tail. Our pecans were evidently given to someone else (hope they enjoyed them) and we were given a generic substitute...next time the trees yield we won't take them to that place again. I'll save you some pecans, JJ.

#149506 - 05/31/08 02:43 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would love to purchase some as well Dee, for my pecan pies...YUM!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#149507 - 05/31/08 04:38 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh no! They gave your pecans away? Girl...want me to send Bubba and Earl to have a chat with um? The scum-sucking lowlifes! Not the pecans! Dang...

I tell ya, there ain't nothing better...I make my own trail mix and those pecans cost a kidney! Holy smokes!

#149508 - 05/31/08 12:51 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

JJ TO OUR RESCUE...WOOOO HOOOO!!!! YEAH!!! I'll definitely give you a hollar when we pick pecans again...you can send the boys down.

Pecans ARE really expensive and we freeze ours...I use them a lot at Christmas in my baking.

Chatty...the next time the trees produce, I'll send you a bag...no cost to you honey child.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved