The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#149488 - 05/28/08 11:26 PM Owl Watching
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
We've discovered these little beauties in our neck of the woods and I wanted to share them with you...I'm having trouble figuring out my camera so they're a bit blurry...but, aren't they adroable? You can still see some of the baby feathers...so cute. I used a flash thus the red eyes...(I hope...LOL).

#149489 - 05/29/08 01:58 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dee, they're beautiful! Do ya'll know what species of owl? Love the spots, kind of like a baby fawn.

#149490 - 05/29/08 06:22 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Knock knock
Who's there?
Who
Who who?
What are you? An owl?

Do you hear them at night Dee?

#149491 - 05/29/08 08:40 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Awwww, Dee! They're gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing! Maybe this is where we can share our native animal stories. I'd love to hear what people have right in their own yards!

#149492 - 05/29/08 11:01 AM Re: Owl Watching [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

Mustang Gal...I did some research (aren't computers wonderful?) and find we have Barred Owls (Hoot Owls) in our neighbhood. We hear them during the day Hooting away and I try to call back to them (Hoot Hoot HOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)...I can remember doing that as a kid...Larry laughs at me but thinks it's cute.
Thanks for asking because it made me really curious and I've learned a lot by reading up on them.

Edelweiss...how cute.

Ladyjane...this would be a great place to post our critter watchers...who has some critters they'd like to share?

#149493 - 05/29/08 12:59 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I just love this. Being an animal lover and watcher, this brings me joy! Aren't they beautiful? I have a friend who is doing a story on a fawn. I'll see if she will let me share it here. Thanks Dee...and you are so missed around here! Give the hunk a hug!

#149494 - 05/29/08 01:23 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
DEE,
Give the hunk a hug for me 2! Love the owl pictures! We have a reserve nearby called "Hawk Creek"; they have lots of owls there. Owls are such wonderful creatures! They're 1 of my favorites, along with dogs; cows; horses; hummingbirds; deer; donkeys; and wild geese. And, oh, men;
don't forget men!!!!
Thanks 4 the pics!!!! Loved it!

Edited by jabber (05/29/08 01:24 PM)

#149495 - 05/29/08 04:45 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

You guys are so funny...The hunk is sleeping at the moment...he brought a freight tain in from New Orleans and was up all night...but, when he wakes up this afternoon I'll be sure to give the hunk your hug JJ and your well wishes Jabber... He'll get a kick out of this.

I hope your friend will share with us the fawn pictures...that's got to be special. I think this forum is going to be a hoot (sorry, I had to say that). And I've missed you all, too...thanks for by cyber hug ya'll. More later...I will share with you my frog story...and photo...too cute.

#149496 - 05/29/08 08:16 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: Dee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Awesome!

#149497 - 05/29/08 10:23 PM Re: Owl Watching [Re: jawjaw]
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I love owls ... we had two that lived across the street and hearing them call to each other at dusk was like music. I managed to snap a picture when one flew into our neighbor's yard but the photo looks more like a huge cat perched at the top of a tree.

As soon as I figure out how to paste photos here, I'll post a copy of the pygmy owl taken at the Desert Museum in Tucson and a hedgehog that lived in our backyard in Germany.

Blessings, Francine

Blessings, Francine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved