The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#145149 - 03/21/08 10:13 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Sandpiper]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm cutting and pasting the instructions and I just had a thought. Wouldn't these make great Christmas gifts? Just think, I could make one for the local VA home, Dancer, you could make one for the VA home where you volunteer (next Christmas) and Chatty, the animal shelters where you go, and ...and...listen to me. I'm on a roll. Somebody tell me to put a cork in it...

#145150 - 03/21/08 10:26 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This is beautiful Sandpiper. I've been trying to figure out a way to display all my Christmas cards but didn't find anything I liked in the stores this past Christmas. Your card board is perfect! We hang our cards on the back door (which is in our living room), so if we hung this vertically, and custom designed it to fit the door's dimensions, it would work perfectly. Thanks for sharing this - and I especially like the timing - I wouldn't have had time to consider making this just before Christmas, but sharing it here now gives us lots of time to buy the materials and put it together at leisure.

(Maya Angelou)

#145151 - 03/21/08 10:35 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Eagle Heart]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I love the Christmas one. Just so pretty.

Does anyone remember years ago, making bed dolls? I use to make them in every color and they were so easy. but you can't get the materials anymore. I made them when I was a child. We bought these boxes of white or colored round things called filter disks made by Johnson & Johnson. They came in all colors. You folded them in quarters and it made the base to the dress. You used yarn with it. You had to pull yarn through the points of each one and tie it tight around the dolls waist. Theny you attached another disk to each one with yarn, making a bow. Then you folded eacn one almost like a canoli would go around the cream and fastened it with a bow. You attached each one to the other with another bow made from the yarn. We made little hats for them. They were so pretty. It would be fun to do with granddaughters if the stuff was still around.

#145152 - 03/21/08 11:17 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Louisa, I've never heard of these. I hope you can find a picture of one. I would love to see it.

#145153 - 03/22/08 12:16 AM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
If I find a picture I will send it. I have a picture somewhere, but I don't know where.

#145154 - 03/22/08 02:00 AM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Louisa]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
What I like about them also is that you can make them any size you want to as long as you find the foamcore boards. They are so light weight that it's not a problem hanging them.

You know I didn't think of doing any and giving them to organizations, cool idea JJ. Eagle see you can turn it to the long side and make it work the same way, all you have to do is configure your ribbon to work.

Oh, I must say that after I put the upholstry or chair pins in, I also glued them tight. Just a precaution.

I'm glad everyone likes the idea, we had a great time with them. Matter of fact, they are still hanging in our respective rooms. Need to get them down and put away so I can enjoy them for next Christmas.

Louisa I never heard of those dolls either but they sound pretty and lots of little girls would enjoy making them with their grandma's.
www.tidedancer.com

#145155 - 03/22/08 02:04 AM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Sandpiper]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Sandpiper,
I saw Martha Stewart do that one day on her show , but I like yours better . Hope that name is not a nasty word on here . I love what you did . That board is good for posting notes also in the Kitchen and etc . I love it . It has many uses .

Love it . Renee

#145156 - 03/22/08 02:06 AM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Sadie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Nope, Renee...I admire Martha Stewart and the empire she's built. Hey, I think we should give her the dues she earned. She is one smart cookie...

Sandpiper...mind my asking what kind of hangers you used to hang it? Just curious.

#145157 - 03/22/08 02:10 AM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: jawjaw]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I agree JJ. I think Martha Steward has a lot of good ideas and love her craft ideas or at least some of them . I have learned organization from her . Lot of cooking ideas too . Thanks JJ.

Renee

#145158 - 03/22/08 12:47 PM Re: Christmas Card Board [Re: Sandpiper]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Sandpiper, I absolutely adore these!! A technical question...do you hot glue the ribbons under the batting (on all sides to secure) or directly to the back of the foam? Also, what did you use to hang them? They're soooo cute and what great gifts they would make. One could even get carried away and make them seasonal!! I was especially excited to see the card I sent you....excited like a little kid! Love it...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved