The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#14327 - 05/04/06 12:22 AM buckling down
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I was so happy to read that our county is buckling down on parents who serve alcohol to minors. I am such a stick in the mud when it comes to this, but I believe wholeheartedly that we have no right serving alcohol to minors and then putting them out on the street.

Many parents in this town do it because they think it's safer for the kids to be in a controlled environment. I still say, "it's against the law!"

What goes on in your communities regarding under-age drinking?

#14328 - 05/04/06 02:11 AM Re: buckling down
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I lived in one of those communities when by boys were in high school. It was a constant worry when they would attend parties. I was a nervous wreck at graduation time. Neither one of my boys chose to have parties - mainly becuase it was a given that there would be a problem with alcohol and uninvited crashers.

#14329 - 05/05/06 04:04 AM Re: buckling down
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yes and what happens to those tipsy kids after they leave the party??? It is illegal and no parent should allow any under aged drinking in their home especially for other peoples kids. I never did and we had many parties at the house when my sons were growing up and the parties were a hoot.

#14330 - 05/05/06 08:17 PM Re: buckling down
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Right chatty. They don't need the alcohol to have fun.

Browser, my kids will have friends over, but not parties because they know what happens when soemone announces they're having a party. And now with cell phones and IMing, parties spread like wild fire.

#14332 - 05/12/06 09:14 PM Re: buckling down
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, speaking of first party experiences involving alcohol...that's something I tell my kids. You need to experience some of life's ups and downs without alcohol so you know how to cope. You need to socialize without it so you can do the same when you're 40.

I'm sure we all know people who never learned how to be social at parites without a drink in their hands. I think that's so sad. Most of them are either in AA now, bad marriages, or still whooping it up.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved