The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#141439 - 04/26/08 12:25 AM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: humlan]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
You did a wonderful job... It was hard to get off the home page, though, listening to the music and watching the slideshow ... makes me want to move there - your intent, right? Is there a translater that you can add for English readers?

I'll take the very first listing (EFH-E1773 - 5bdrm,2bth) in HÄUSER... I could get to love all the windows... How are the views from each of the rooms?

Also, on your art (Kunst) page, are all the paintings yours? I recognize the sea/boat painting as being yours, but are the rest created by your talented hands, also? If so, I wish I could purchase two of them ... the Mother and Daughter, along with the Boy in Sunlight (how cute is that one!?)... did he keep the worm (assuming it's a worm on his pinky) or let it go?

Congrats on getting the job done and on the quality of the product you produced! Have a glass of that champagne for me too!!!! Proud of you!!!!

#141440 - 04/26/08 06:58 AM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I’m up here first thing in the morning to read your comments. I know it’s hard because of the German, and after selling my first house, I’ll see if I can get the English translation in. Good idea Gims.

I hope loading the slide shows didn’t take too long. The second time you visit it usually goes a lot faster. Chatty, you wouldn’t believe where I got the background music for the first page. Ladyjane sent me a link once to a travel site in Maine. They had that music. I loved it. It took ages for me to figure out where I could get it, since they didn’t know the name anymore.

Humlan that picture was taken at my son’s wedding in October. Notice the upturned collar…love those…they hide the double chin. Thank you for your sweet words.

Eagleheart, that was most important to me, “easy to navigate”. I have to figure that a lot of people check out the site who may be unfamiliar with computers.

And yes, Gims those paintings are all from me. I sign them with my maiden name. I’m offering people to display their paintings, (up to three different pictures for each one) for 8 Euros/year. If it catches on, I might have a nice little side income that could just cover some costs. Anyway I thought paintings and real-estate go together. So why not give it a try. You liked them? Oh yes, the “mother daughter” one is my favourite. Thanks Gims for checking them out.

I’m sitting here and grinning from ear to ear. Today I’m taking a day off from my homepage. Oh happy days.

#141441 - 04/27/08 02:13 AM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Edelweiss]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wunderbar! Wonderful! EW that is the most imaginative real estate site I've seen! And as a Realtor I should know! Fantastic! I've never seen anything like it here in Colorado. I LOVE the art, you are so talented. And adding the art to your real estate site is such a personal touch, and a great first impression, and an ice-breaker when you meet new people. It looks like you have a lot of territory to cover. Congratulations on a great work of art, the site!

#141442 - 04/27/08 08:52 AM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Anaiya's in it as well!!! Love the main page photos of Augsburg and the background music is enjoyable. I think it's mighty clever to include the paintings as well. But, mein Deutsche is nicht very gut so, as it has been suggested, a button that says "click to translate to..." would perhaps help. It would open up as well to prospective purchasers outside of the local community. On that note, it might also be helpful to have a daily FOREX notice: Euro to £ and Euro to $.

#141443 - 04/27/08 04:26 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Lola]
Mij Offline

Absolutely lovely, user-friendly site! Wonderful colors that enhance but don't take over. The photos are so professional - you don't see that on a lot of sites. And your link to webcams is great - I was going to suggest that.

Really great job!

#141444 - 04/28/08 08:03 AM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Mij]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Thank you so much Princess (what a compliment, and that from another realestate agent. I'm truly flattered.)

Lola, I'm delighted that you recognized Anaiya. Good idea about the daily Forex notice. I'll put that under the links. Yes the translation button is the next project. But first I got to sell something.

Mij, I created the background with Adobe all by meeeself. It took me ages to figure out the software. The possibilities are endless, but now I think I got it.

There are still some quirks that have to be worked on. Like the music gets all jumbled up when it repeats! But hey! I already got two seller contracts because of the page. Wow, I didn't expect that. They found me through the internet.

#141445 - 04/28/08 01:11 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Edelweiss, for some reason I thought I had already commented! I know that I looked at your great website soon after you posted it....so I'm here to say "Congratulations!" It's absolutely stunning and so informative...great, great job done!

Edited by ladyjane (04/28/08 01:12 PM)

#141446 - 04/29/08 09:04 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I recognized Anaiya right off the bat. I'm guessing that's your hunk of a son.

The photos are lovely. Is this your home town? Do you sail in those waters?

The music is so tender and sweet. How cool that you got it from another boomer girl here.

I wish I could read your language!

Have you sold all the houses on your refernece page? WOW!

My favorite part of the site is the page with your paintings. You are so humble. They are gorgeous!

#141447 - 04/30/08 12:35 AM Re: Got the darn home page finished!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I too could have sworn I commented on this lovely site. The music was so much fun and soothing, too. I loved the choice you made there. And I agree about your paintings. LOVELY! You are mucho talented.

Very well done, indeed!

#141448 - 04/30/08 09:46 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: humlan]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Edelweiss, you really did a great job on your website! Congratulations

Poet and essayist

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved