The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#141429 - 02/09/08 06:28 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
All great suggestions, so I won't repeat same ones.

In any well-designed website, make sure it loads fast and have it tested across different generational computers. Not everyone has proper software loaded to execute slideshows, music...or even Adobe reader software to view .pdf files.

Photographs are helpful ..from several different angles. 1-2 photos where the house sits in relation to other homes is helpful plus the usual closeups.

As for a more personal/caring feel by the real estate agent..it maybe useful for the real estate agent to highlight in text if there are any parks, walking/multipurpose trails nearby..etc. such facilities. If you have such links from your page then add links for: municipal parks, community centres, walking /cycling trails routes, libraries and public transit. Many of the bigger (smarter)municipalties have whole route maps on their website but a person has to spend extra time to find it sometimes.

It is my understanding at least in some of the bigger cities here in Canada, this can be part of a selling point for a home..to add to the neighbourhood's livability.

#141430 - 02/09/08 08:15 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
My computer guru is coming today and we will be working on the new web look. I gathered all your information and advice to dump in his lap. Poor guy, I don't think it's easy to be creative with me. I tend to want to go by my gut feeling, which probably isn't always correct.
We'll see what comes out of all this.
Thank you everyone for your great advice!

#141431 - 02/09/08 01:38 PM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
One thing you might remember is that 80% of buyers are women....or at least they are the decision-makers and can make or break a deal. At least that is how it is here in the US....so ask yourself, does this appeal to ME?

#141432 - 02/10/08 08:08 PM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, we are in the process of helping our son look for a home. What I like about a couple of the sites I've browsed is the ability to see lots of photos (all on the same page) of the homes for sale. This knocks some of them out of the running without having to visit. It's a real time saver. I also like having all the information about the listing on one page; number of rooms and sizes, taxes, renovations done, etc.

#141433 - 02/16/08 12:31 PM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: Edelweiss]
Lin Offline

Loc: Ocean Isle Beach, NC
I like personal & caring. I am also a realtor in the South Eastern US (Ocean Isle Beach, NC) near the ocean. When dealing with clients I find if you are sincere and caring, they want to work with you.
www.linkelly.myarbonne.com (website)

#141434 - 03/10/08 06:24 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: Lin]
Edelweiss Offline

My home page is coming along, slowly but surely. It's great brain jogging. I'm trying to do this from scratch, with some help from my computer guro. I want to be eventually independent of having to get help every time I need to change the site, so I'm learning by doing. Actually it's really very creative work.

So far it has a personal touch. I want to make it fast and easy to use. I have one page for each house with all the inf. on it. That was an excellent suggestion Dotsie.

Have any of you bookmarked a homepage that you thought to be unusually well done, pleasing to the eye, or interesting to visit? I don’t really mean the content; I mean the set up. Would you share the address?

#141435 - 04/25/08 08:35 PM Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Edelweiss]
Edelweiss Offline

Well get out the champagne glasses! I’m finally finished with my homepage. It was a long hard process. Never thought it could be so complicated. Now that that is over, the REAL work begins.

If you would like to take a look, the web address is:

www.immobilien-schwarz.de

I don’t have too many homes to sell…but I hope that will change soon.

I lift my glass and toast to every working lady here!
I’m going to give my damdest to ignore the lousy economy, (it’s not so great here either)….Let’s pretend it’s not here…and give all we got!
We’ll show’em---We’ve seen and been through worse. Hey we’re Boomers! We can do it!!!!

#141436 - 04/25/08 09:47 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Edelweiss]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
That's a great looking site, Edelweiss! Very appealing to the eye, lots of interesting information (though I couldn't read it) and easy to navigate. Congratulations! That's a beautiful accomplishment to be proud of!

(Maya Angelou)

#141437 - 04/25/08 11:13 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL Edelweiss. Couldn't read a word but the pictures are beautiful and loved the song "You Go To My Head." Very impressive.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#141438 - 04/25/08 11:56 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Edelweiss]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Edelweiss..congratchulationssssss!!!!! Your site is very appealing..with alot of flair and motion..I LIKE it!!! And yes, I would definitely give you call..What an accomplishment!

Now tell me..is that what you look like LIVE???? WOW lady..you keep well!!! How do you do it????

SKÅL to you, Edelweiss!!!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved