The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 99 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#139781 - 01/27/08 05:27 AM Re: New gadget [Re: dancer9]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I think it sounds very interesting though.

#139782 - 01/27/08 08:58 AM Re: New gadget [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
No one should buy an electronic book because he or she thinks they may save forests. There are more than sufficient forest plantations on this planet.
I just googled this, and learned that the US has the largest area of productive forest plantations in the world, many of which exist solely from the paper industry.
Needless to say this industry would suffer immensely, causing thousands and thousands of people to loose their jobs world wide. I can understand the other reasons to buy an electronic book, but not to save the forests.

Just wanted to share another view point.

#139783 - 01/27/08 09:10 AM Re: New gadget [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I, too, wanted one of these for Christmas. I actually don't like having books around the house (ouch, those gasps of shock can be heard all the way over here!) once I have read them.

Keep posting, because I am sure that I will purchase one soon. Enjoy your digital reading.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#139784 - 01/27/08 09:45 AM Re: New gadget [Re: Anno]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
OMGosh, I want one too!!! Hubby wants me to stop
killing trees LOL!

Cindy

#139785 - 01/27/08 01:23 PM Re: New gadget [Re: diamond50]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
What I don't like is buying something like that online and not in a store where I can go talk to someone and be in their faces if something goes wrong or I don't understand something.

#139786 - 01/27/08 04:24 PM Re: New gadget [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
NO-THANK-YOU. Period. After being on the computer all day with work, the last thing I want to do is sit at a screen and read. It has nothing to do with how great the product might be, just that I do not want to sit at a screen and read. Actually, I don't think I would want to do that even if I didn't work all day on a computer. Like Dotsie said, there is something about holding a book in my hands that says to my mind, I am part of the story. I am the character...or I am in the scene. Something personal. Does that make sense? Not to mention I want to have it accessible to me for references, immediately. What if the "system" OR memory card went bad? The book is behind me in the library. No thanks...

Not only that, can you imagine how much LESS an author is going to make if they have to compete with this? Its hard enough making a living as it is...

#139787 - 01/27/08 05:51 PM Re: New gadget [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Thank you for your post, Hannelore. I collect books and you are correct, of course.
Also, paper is recycleable.

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#139788 - 01/30/08 01:03 AM Re: New gadget [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
It sounds like it has a place in things... easily packable for a trip. Packing books (heavy) can subject them to getting ruined. Ruining a book is like hurting an animal, to me. I've had some really serious heartaches over books that have taken a glass of liquid, or have had the spine broken... not to mention loaning them out and getting them back with highlighting...umph.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved