The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#138328 - 01/19/08 01:43 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: gims]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Now that sounds like a great idea!!!!

#138329 - 01/19/08 02:05 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What a cool idea! The only problem is I couldn't sew a button on a blouse. What do morons like me do about making a square?

#138330 - 01/19/08 05:36 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
JJ, I think that's what would be great about it. There are embroidery pens by which someone could create a square. There are iron-on photo options. There is quilting, itself, to create a square to add into a quilt. There is embroidery stitching. There is smocking. There is tatting. Let's see, what else? Even if someone used fabric paints and put a hand print (or something) on a square. Or, ironed on lipstick after kissing the fabric. Poets could write a poem, writers a quote or very short story. Lawyers could pen out something about women's rights. Beaders could bead.
Imagine.

#138331 - 01/19/08 06:29 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

This is absolutely one of the best ideas I've heard of in a long, long time. I will prompt Dotsie to take a look at this thread and see what she thinks. We could donate the quilt to a charity or raffle it off and the donations could go to a charity.

How smart you are! I wish you smart cooties would rub off on me through postmosis...whatttt?

#138332 - 01/19/08 06:39 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Wow, jj...
They're fantastic! I love Elvis, too! But I can't quilt or sew or knit or any of that neat stuff. I wish I could.

Mustang, right you are! A horse is a thing of beauty!
My horse's name was "Skylark"; he went to horse heaven long ago. But I still love him!

Edited by bonnierose333 (01/19/08 06:40 PM)

#138333 - 01/19/08 07:21 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What a great idea gimster. Can a quilt be stapled or glued together? Eeee sorry I’m with JJ on this. I rather go up walls then sew anything. Whaaat did you say? Poets can write a poem? Well there you are… I’m in!

Still I appreciate a good work of art. Ladyjane those pillows are a delight. WOW! If I had that talent I would cover my rooms with them.
JJ…do you have Elvis baby hanging in your bedroom? So tell, …how can you sleep at night?

#138334 - 01/20/08 12:41 AM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I love the idea of a quilt, although I have never made a square on square quilt. I did just finish a beautiful multi colored black lapghan for Dancer, mailed it and she should have it on Monday. I started a new one last night in multi-color warm FALL colors for Mountain Ash, its coming along nicely and I should be mailing it to her in Scotland by next Friday. I actually lose weight crocheting nights, instead of sticking things into my mouth, I crochet. It works too...I call it the Craft Diet...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#138335 - 01/20/08 02:54 AM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Chatty...have you figured out how to use your new digital camera yet? Be sure to post photos of your crocheted items...I can't wait to see them.

#138336 - 01/20/08 09:57 PM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nope Dee, I haven't figured it out as yet. I would love to post pictures of my lapghans and will if I can ever figure things out. The colors are so beautiful. I'm hoping maybe the recipients might post a picture when thy get them if they are able to. Lola did when she got hers way back when, where is Lola anyway, anyone know???

Edited by chatty lady (01/20/08 09:58 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#138337 - 01/21/08 12:51 AM Re: First Quilting Square [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Hope you figure it out before you ship out your beautiful creations...it's quit easy once you figure out how. Do you have a friend who is familiar with DC's? If not...you may need to do what I get my husband to do...read the manual.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved